Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Taming Other Races: How to Make Second Class Citizens  (Read 2694 times)

Ravenkana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taming Other Races: How to Make Second Class Citizens
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 12:42:53 pm »

Raven did you add [PETVALUE:#] to it? that kind of helps
Do all creatures have one? I coulda sworn a couple did not when I was changing the exotic status of my beasts... alright, I'll go back and try this, it might help. If it doesn't, I'll go through with the other measures discussed.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 02:55:43 pm »

Pet creatures don't actually need a petvalue tag.

However, I am pretty sure you need to gen a new world to make [PET] on a new creature function, since it's adding a new tag that wasn't there before.  You may not be able to make creatures into [PET]s without genning a new world.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 04:48:56 pm »

However, I am pretty sure you need to gen a new world to make [PET] on a new creature function, since it's adding a new tag that wasn't there before.  You may not be able to make creatures into [PET]s without genning a new world.
You don't need to gen a new world. I've done this and similar stuff. As long as the name remains unchanged you can do whatever to the creature raw. For example turning dwarves into kobolds/goblins or making giant scorpions tameable mid game.

Pet tag didn't work, though NODRINK and NOEAT did. I have a Goblin Snatcher sitting in the stockpile and my Dwarfs are unable to tame her. Any suggestions? It's very vexing.
Question: Did it almost get to one of the children or do anything to be an enemy of your civ? Like say swing at one of your goats?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Ravenkana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 06:24:42 pm »

Pet tag didn't work, though NODRINK and NOEAT did. I have a Goblin Snatcher sitting in the stockpile and my Dwarfs are unable to tame her. Any suggestions? It's very vexing.
Question: Did it almost get to one of the children or do anything to be an enemy of your civ? Like say swing at one of your goats?
I don't see how it could- the thing blundered into one of my cage traps almost on arrival. I got the notification because of its capture.

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
  • b.marley 'donsit on ur pride -just get hiiidodobdo
    • View Profile
    • grimmwold - rp server i play dwarf called Blig - uo
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 08:23:24 am »

i find in this mass of eager and amazing minds the clear and cut answer gets awashed with waves of enthuisiasm.

can it be summed up, despite the coolness of Dfusion plugins and all the old friendship hacks, which i had working beautiful kinda, goblin miners in their own element, one elf hunter, one orc militia captain. all in a wizard fort, with only about 6 wizards.
see off i go on a tangent... it can be summed up yáll only need Runesmith to change the blokes into your team almost.

so say the local human traders drop in, and same with the elves. lol. i want 2 human warriors, 1 elf to send hunting without risking my wizards or precious gobbo miners.

i find two of the human guards, or maybe one of the merchants and one guard. i turn off the 'resident' flag. i find out the civilisation number of my main blokes (dorfs, wizards, whatever) and change those humans to have the same civ #

now.

simplified.

find intelligent critter slave (elf guard from caravan for example).
find TAG 'Resident' for sentient critter.., untick.
find civilisation number for critter. edit this to be the number of your own civ.

wolah. elf will be in military list|so forth|labor list|dwarf therapist... tested? that simple? i will attempt this now with fresh human fort lol, first dwarf or elf caravan coming is only going home with 1 of its guards and 1 of its merchants.
my fortress is full of kitties

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
  • b.marley 'donsit on ur pride -just get hiiidodobdo
    • View Profile
    • grimmwold - rp server i play dwarf called Blig - uo
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 08:23:57 am »

you must take care when messing with tags and such. obviously...
my fortress is full of kitties

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 02:46:27 pm »

It's not that simple, sadly. I've tried, and only managed to get the "slave" to stay behind when the rest of the caravan left. I was unable to get him to do any jobs.
Also, none of them even had the "Is Resident" flag.

I'm thinking it's not possible to make a slave out of them with Runesmith alone.
Looks like you'll have to pair it with the friendship tool in DFusion, which needs to be run every time you load your fort, and can cause an awful lot of crashing..
Pages: 1 [2]