Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Deus Ex Human Revolution Beta Leak  (Read 25452 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Beta Leak
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2011, 01:42:05 pm »

You can see it because you had already seen it.
What has been seen cannot be unseen sort of thing?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2011, 01:49:43 pm »

The first boss
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You call that easy street?

He'd be easy street if the protagonist was Michael Thorton, since he would just step out from behind a pillar, freeze time, shoot five pistol shots into his head, run straight through the hail of minigun fire (taking no health damage), kick him in the face, and then beat him to a pulp with his fists.

(Overall, Thorton would kick Jensen's ass simply because of he can freeze time and line up 5+ pistol shots at any number of targets in his line of sight while time is frozen, and take the shots in a fraction of a second once time is unfrozen regardless of how far apart they are. Jensen walks into the room and suddenly has 5 bullets in his head. With damage working the way it does for him, he'd be dead. There's no way around that, and the way Jensen's Idiot Ball takes over whenever he meets a high-level enemy, there's no way he'd avoid ambush by such a high-level enemy as Thorton, either.)

I beat him literally without taking damage, I just stunned him, shot, and tossed out grenades keeping him stunned. PAINFULLY easy, especially compared to Yelena who is fast and agile.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2011, 01:51:17 pm »

The stun gun makes everything easier. I didn't have one and didn't have time to look around to notice that there was one in a box in the room that I hadn't had an opportunity to explore before being automatically walked into and ambushed (impossibly, too. I have a radar for a reason) - I was too busy trying not to die.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2011, 01:54:45 pm »

First boss: I tossed an EMP grenade at him then walked up and shot him in the face several times with a 10mm pistol. End.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2011, 02:17:16 pm »

It takes something like 30 headshots with a pistol to take him out on the hardest difficulty level.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2011, 02:17:54 pm »

It takes something like 30 headshots with a pistol to take him out on the hardest difficulty level.
I was on normal. :P

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2011, 02:23:03 pm »

I was on normal. :P

Cheater. :P

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2011, 08:07:27 pm »

First boss: I tossed an EMP grenade at him then walked up and shot him in the face several times with a 10mm pistol. End.

My first few many times was EMP grenade, walk up and shoot him several times in the face with a 10mm pistol, get grenaded or machine gunned. End. Or, well, try again.

Finally killed him by doing the EMP routine twice, with a frag grenade at his feet in between. Hard mode is the way to go for the rest of the game though, getting discovered by anything more than one guy at a time gets you killed very fast.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2011, 02:20:45 pm »

I'm playing in Normal mode*. It's a good balance - you can't just run in guns blazing, you do have to use cover, but stealth and not killing people gets you mega bonuses.

*Yes, I pirated the damn thing. I have no income right now, but I fully intend to buy the game once I do have income.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2011, 03:33:07 pm »

I have never in my life played a game on highest setting first playthrough and probably never will.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2011, 03:47:33 pm »

I did with the first Deus Ex, too. Realistic is the only way to fly.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2011, 09:57:09 pm »

I did with the first Deus Ex, too. Realistic is the only way to fly.
Your opinion is your opinion.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2011, 10:21:45 pm »

Hardest mode possible from the start is the best: you aren't playing properly if you aren't ripping your hair out in frustration.

(Note: I am bald thru unrelated circumstances.)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2011, 10:29:24 pm »

Hardest mode possible from the start is the best: you aren't playing properly if you aren't ripping your hair out in frustration.

Your opinion is your opinion.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2011, 10:43:17 pm »

Okay, I bought the game off steam and this is annoying: Cutscenes. I can't view them. Both the opening and second cutscenes crash.

They start, then about half way through the sound starts to skip and loop and then the game crashes to desktop. This does not happen outside of cutscenes. Anybody got any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14