Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Deus Ex Human Revolution Beta Leak  (Read 25426 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Beta Leak
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 12:44:08 pm »

Eh.....I haven't played many cross platform games where I went "oh yeah, this is totally better on a console." Controller schemes maybe. (Fuck you, Dead Rising 2.) But at the end of the day it's the technical limitations and game play choices that were sacrificed that makes those titles suck, not whether the control scheme is helpful.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 03:07:54 pm »

All the games that appeared during the transition of PC games porting to Console show a sad history of fail.

Now they come back to haunt us. Fucking consoles.
Thing is, a lot of those games are pretty decent if you play them on a console.  Ya need different tools for different jobs.
Not really. The only true difference between a game present both in the PC and the computer is the controller.

If a game was crap on the pc it will be crap on the console (performance aside, since some console ports are just sluggish on pcs).

What I meant was in terms of design:

Consoles Then:
Sonic
Mario
Side-scrolling shooters
Castelvania

PCs Then:
Daggerfall
X-Com
Warcraft
Rogue+likes
Carmaggedon

Both sides were good and had their own merits. When something was ported over, they actually took some consideration in it. Most of the times at least. My X-Com for PS1 was well ported.

Consoles now:
Mishmash Crap

PCs now:
Mishmash Crap

Personally, I hate controllers and hate even more when I grab a game and see all the design choices were made for consoles, even if I'm on a PC. I don't want to have precisely four weapons or powers or multiples thereof. I don't want aim assistance, I have a mouse. I don't want to press Y or U to scroll through a menu (GFWL). I don't want match making. I don't want simplified gameplay for retards.

hey guys somebody leaked an alpha version of a zombie game
I saw it on my tracker, but I never really bothered with that game, so I didn't even notice it until you pointed out.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 04:06:44 pm »

I got to the first hub and this game is reminding me of Vampire: the Masquerade with a dash of Alpha Protocol. The control scheme's a bit awkward, but it's not as destructive to enjoyment as it may seem.

Enjoying it so far.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 04:09:49 pm »

Well, I hope they will fix the controls for PC, I want to give this game a chance but don't really feel like touching the leak.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 04:16:41 pm »

I would call it a demo :P

I found no problems with the controls or anything.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 06:49:53 pm »

Also, I'm lolling at some serious physics bugs. It's like I'm playing Unreal Tournament all over again.

Strafe + Forward = 150% movement speed. :p
Erm, you do know this is a leak of an early build?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 07:15:40 pm »

Also, I'm lolling at some serious physics bugs. It's like I'm playing Unreal Tournament all over again.

Everyone shh. If you bring it up they might take it out, and that's a totally awesome bug.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2011, 03:36:17 am »

Is 1.0.499.0 a "really early build"? :p Seems like release candidate level for me.

Also, it's actually 200% movement speed. It gets me around faster than sprinting does. xD

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2011, 04:03:02 am »

I've played it. It's definitely NOT a very early build. It seems near-ready-to-ship.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2011, 04:05:53 am »

Marketing Tricks 101.

Have stuff "leaked", get everybody to talk about it. Advertisement cost.. nil.

heh like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Subservient_Chicken

It wasn't free for BK, but they got a lot of bang for their buck out of it.

The site still works too :)

http://www.bk.com/en/us/campaigns/subservient-chicken.html

Originally the site was just www.subservientchicken.com and BK didn't claim it directly as their own for a while, but now that site forwards to the more obvious BK related site above.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 07:11:53 pm »

I've played it. It's definitely NOT a very early build. It seems near-ready-to-ship.

Pretty much.

Damn it. I got quite far in and then it randomly crashed and deleted all my save games. Dx

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 07:34:07 pm »

Pretty much.

Damn it. I got quite far in and then it randomly crashed and deleted all my save games. Dx
Not entirely ready to ship it seems :P

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 07:54:45 pm »

Heh, I guess I'm pretty lucky my N64 never had any problems.

Also, yeah, it's pretty much a given that making a PC game sequel console-friendly means it's going to lose features compared to its predecessor. There's tons of examples, including of course Deus Ex and Deus Ex 2.

Anyway, from those who've played the leak: Is a keyboard necessary to play? If so, it may well be a decent game.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 10:21:51 pm »

Pretty much.

Not entirely ready to ship it seems :P

Bear in mind that "ready to ship" and "about to be shipped" are two totally different states. :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14