Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Deus Ex Human Revolution Beta Leak  (Read 25422 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Beta Leak
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2011, 06:28:33 pm »

I'm happy that so far it seems to be living up to what people were expecting, so far the other sequels to old games that I like have been considerably disappointing (diablo 3, mainly).
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 09:31:05 am »

I only got to play it for an hour before work this morning but I was really impressed.  Ran and looked awesome.  Going straight home from work to play it.  Pretty badass.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 03:07:22 pm »

So companies are calling demos "leaked betas" now?

Why not simply release a demo, as you said? I agree with the "blame it on piracy" thing. That was probably the point.

Funny though, that they had a tracer or something else nasty (flagged as a generic trojan) in the .exe but someone added a substitute before releasing it!

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 05:36:59 pm »

I've heard a lot of great things about it, though there are complaints about "boss fights" here and there. No way I can afford it to see for myself right now, but it's supposed to be a great PC-centric game despite being on consoles too.

From the RPS "Wot I Think" review, it sounds really fantastic. They expect it to be a 25-hour experience worthy of replaying at least one more time. If it does well, maybe we can see some actual expansions for it later (rather than DLC).

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2011, 06:02:50 pm »

*begs for monies* I'm gonna go try the leaked beta, but I really really want this game legitly. Anyone got some spare cash? I has a PayPal. *begs more*

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2011, 08:33:10 pm »

If the PC Gamer review is anything to go by at all, I'm buying this without waiting for the price to go down.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2011, 08:55:24 pm »

I'm enjoying the game so far, although, I got most of the way through the first real levle (sarif manufacturing), got curious, looked something up, and got kind of annoyed, and kind of pleased. And now I have to restart the game because I didn't save previously, and it only saves your last auto save...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2011, 09:13:22 pm »

yes, it does only save the last autosave, but there is also a save game feature at the menu, or you can use the F5 quicksave. I use all 3.

And yes, the game is very good. Nothing revolutionary, but it is a GREAT game with polished elements from many others.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2011, 09:49:19 pm »

I don't think there's actually a timer on
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:08:26 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2011, 11:01:11 pm »

it is on a timer,
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2011, 11:07:38 pm »

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2011, 11:40:57 pm »

DAMNIT. A game that people think lives up to its worth as a successor to the original? I hate my paycheck sometimes.

Also wish they'd come out with an official demo. Because it's annoying to wonder whether or not my system will handle this well.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:49:50 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2011, 05:55:47 am »

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2011, 09:03:47 am »

Yeah, loving this game so far.  Only have a couple irrelevant gripes :

1. The lip-syncing tech used seems a little dated.  However, the voice acting is AAA and I read the subtitles anyway with the VO so not really distracting.

2. The load times.  Maybe it's just my PC , but load times seem a little longer than most games.  It's only annoying when you have a quick save, and you're, say, trying to sneak past some part and keep getting caught.  Quick loading ain't so quick anymore.

Other than that, I'm really impressed with the game so far.  I can easily see a replay as there's many ways to approach gameplay.  For this build, I'm doing hacking, stealth, and non-lethal combat.  Next build I'm gonna go commando.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2011, 09:27:47 am »

It's not just you, from what I've read, they have longer load times all around. Most of the reviews mention it in passing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14