Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!  (Read 12496 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2011, 07:29:22 pm »

I thought some people wanted Agurtha to raise the army of Orc Corpses.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2011, 07:35:57 pm »

That's why I was wondering if we were ready. I can't really think of anything else for Koral to do with her time. Maybe practice learning new spells until Agurtha gets sent our way? We've still got some time before the traders leave. I guess we'll get a nice assortment of their goods mixed with the dwarf stuff.

EDIT:

If you feel we need Agurtha's aid to create an Undead Army before we assault the trade depot, use the time to research some spells or otherwise make use of this time to improve your abilities."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:47:57 pm by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

A_Cuter_Triangle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2011, 07:56:43 pm »

Meeting Place

A cart with two fine farm horses
"lots" of firewood and coal
17 dead chickens

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2011, 02:48:51 am »

Celeste:

You send Stanton out to pick up Jessica and to get his hands on some oil for anointment. You then enter human form and hit the town yourself. You end up at The Greased Halfling, a tavern so crappy they serve you in your ugly base form. The bartender looks up and smiles.

"Celeste! It has been awhile. What can I get you?" You sigh and shake your head. Booze has a bad habit of messing up your ability to perform magic, but you can't afford to make trouble. "Whatever you can get me for this." you reply as you slide a silver coin across the counter. You pause for a second "This place is so empty, I can cover the next round for everybody with a silver right?"

The barkeep nods, takes your coin, and passes tankards of foul tasting ale to you and the other four patrons. "Oh boy. Drinks on Celeste. You are courting magical favors aren't you? How is Stanton doing by the way. Havn't talked to him since I lost my quarry job last month."

You turn to the short but strangely brawny figure before you. "Oh he is doing fine. Doubt you'll see him again though. The pair of us are moving to a orci-" you are cut short in your lie by the truly revoling taste of your drink. "Barkeep. DID YOU MIX YOUR ALE WITH SEWER BREW?"

Hutch turns to you and speaks before the bartender can. "Must of gotten my drink. I just got plain old shitty ale I'm afraid. What kinda work are you offering. You want to turn me into some vermin and spy on that whore again?"

You shake your head. Stanton may be a bit strange from time to time, but his ex-coworker and often implied half brother Hutch is a sick freak in comparison. You suspect that he is an Orc/Halfling hybrid, and you know from your studies of mortal forms that such unions are infertile without powerful magic. "Nah. No spy work. Just need a messenger bird. You did that for me once right?"

The strange humanoid nods rapidly. "Yeah. Same price as before?"

"Sur-" you begin to reply when some poor stranger in the corner pipes in. "I'll do it for free. I've always wanted to fly!"

Hutch looks downtrodden as his offer is beaten, but helps the others clear out the middle of the room for your ritual. You tell your volunteer to step forward and lay hands on him. "Alright. I am going to recite some incantations, while I do so you are to repeat the following phrase under your breath without pause and as quickly as you can: 'I will seek the hag Agurtha and tell her that the required spell component has arrived.' Once you take avian form the spirits will guide you in hunting down the message recipient, and then back to me to reassume your base form. Understood?"

The human nods and you quickly instruct him to begin reciting. As soon as he starts to speak you begin your incantation.

"I exault the glory of nature with the roar of a wild beast!
I request that nature repay my loyalty with the aid of element air!
Mortal, allow your mind to fill with new purpose!
Mortal, abondon thought, and let the spirits of nature guide you!"

The stranger's body begins to shift and warp as you finish your incantations. Suddenly his clothes fall to the floor and a beautiful white parrot struggles free of the man's jacket before flying out the door.

The other three patrons in the bar applaud your trick. You spend several hours getting good and drunk before take your leave. About 30 minutes after returning home the parrot finds you, with a quick magical gesture you turn him back into a now toungles human. You feign confusion in reguards to his condition and are about to send him on his way when Stanton opens the door and drags a kicking and screaming Jessica into your house.

"Alright." You say with a slight frown. "Now I think the mute as seen too much, Stanton block off the door and don't let either of these poor folk leave... Oh, Hello Jessica. It has been awhile." You smirk devilishly. "Did you know that the captor/captive relationship is one with authority? I could have your soul if Stanton were to say that I could. Stanton by the way would do anything for me, because he loves me for what I am! THAT IS WHY HE HAS A LOVER WHO WILL GO OUT OF HER WAY TO SAVE HIS EXISTENCE, WHILE YOU ARE JUST A WORTHLESS WHORE DOOMED TO SERVE AS SPARE PARTS FOR MY SPELL!"

You take a deep breath and are suddenly overcome by the urge to end your old friends suffering. You draw you sabre in one hand and pull out a chunk of quartz in the other. "Spirits..." you sob "give me the strength to do this."

---
Agurtha:

You wander the streets and look for someone who looks to be about the age where he or she could be a parent with young children. Eventually you find a man in his late twenties closing up a shop. You lock eyes with him and place your evil eye hex upon the victim; a scowl spreads across his face almost instantly and informs you that your spell has taken effect.

You stalk him home, and to your luck the sound of a baby crying can be heard as soon as he opens the door!

You return to your wagon to wait for the spell to work him down. If you time it right you will find him at the point of utter desperation, where he would be willing to give his own life in exchange for riches for his family. If you don't leave the spell on him long enough he may not accept your offer. If you wait too long the mental anguish may lead him to harm himself or his family.

Your stomach rumbles. Maintaining your hex carries a huge caloric cost. You begin to eye the soulless elven ranger hungerly. Elf organ taste wonderful raw, and it has been so long since you last got to make a bloody mess in your wagon...

You are interrupted by a parrot flying into your wagon. "Celeste informs you that your required spell component has arrived."

With a single fluid motion you grab the bird. "Indeed it has..." you reply as you carefully cut out the tongue with your cleave.

---
Koral:

You decide to prepare some nasty spells for the assault. One by one you call each Orc and Kobold over and ask their name before drawing on them a quick rune in ash and reciting the following incantation.

"Only death worthy of a savage soldiers heart is fire!"

You inform your 'friends' that the ritual is to bring good fortune in battle. In reality you have just turned them all into bombs; ready to explode in a massive fireball at any point over the next couple days by reciting your secret powerword and the unwitting maytar's name.

You fly up to your cave and fetch a down feather from your stockpile. You place the feather on the ground and ask all present to lay hands on it. Once you get your 'allies' participating you recite a prayer to the sky in the forgotten language of the storm gaints. Suddenly a powerful hunger grips the entire group.

"That just sapped a days worth of eating from all of us." You explain relatively eloquently in your native Orcish.

The feather twists, extends, and changes form to a bolt of solid lighting. "It explodes when I throw it. It gets 5 meters of electrified blast radius for each of us that contributed. It will spare all those involved in it's making from any harm. 'Bolt of the Storm Giants' they call it, but I think it was us hags that came up with the idea in the first place. Now then, why don't you all run along and put your new weapons to use finding me some food!"

Your expendable minions dash off, eager to satisfy their now aching stomachs.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 10:18:59 pm by Weirdsound »

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2011, 09:31:25 pm »

"After you've finished your business with the bird, see what you can do about finding an obsidian weapon for the undead legion ritual. Koral is prepared to wrest a great many treasure from the dwarves for our dragon's ritual."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2011, 07:24:55 am »

So, unless there's somehting more I've forgot you need to do first, I guess it's time to go bug your boyfrined Celeste :p

(also, did you ever have a sister named Lune)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2011, 11:30:25 am »

Armok, we aren't just using the coloration and quotes for show you know.

Elero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2011, 02:40:41 pm »

"After you've finished your business with the bird, see what you can do about finding an obsidian weapon for the undead legion ritual. Koral is prepared to wrest a great many treasure from the dwarves for our dragon's ritual."
Do you think we need that? We have the orcs and Kobolds as walking Bombs , Koral can throw Fireballs and we have the feather.
Grand Master Lurker
Dabbling Poster

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2011, 03:06:05 pm »

Eh, I suppose it's not essential. She's already gone about hexing some poor sod to become our greater undead though.

If one you wants Koral to attack now go for it. She still has a suggestion open. Even if we don't use the undead legion now I think it's something we'd want to prepare for when we're ready to cause some real chaos.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:09:54 pm by Glowcat »

Elero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2011, 03:21:30 pm »

Koral:
Attack the Dwarves. Steal as many riches as possible. maybe you find some clothes for the maiden.
Grand Master Lurker
Dabbling Poster

Tyrs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2011, 06:04:28 am »

Bump? I really enjoy reading this particular game... I want to know what happens!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2011, 02:50:25 pm »

So this first attack is just for the caravan, the undead army will be for the inner fortress. We could even reach the vault with a few more preparations and a better plan.

"While you out on your search for the obsidian weapon, remember to check a bookstore for one about the different kinds of dragons. We may already have chosen to use a diamond, but we should know what that will get us beforehand."

Celeste still needs a command, and strength, but I don't think we can give that.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 02:52:33 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2011, 03:03:53 pm »

I'm wrapping up my old elf game and starting up a new game. It may be awhile. If you guys keep bumping this from time to time I wont let it die however.

Elero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2011, 11:01:55 am »

We want to attack the inner fortress? Okay,  the undead army makes sense. The undead should attack first.
Koral: wait with the Attack until Agurtha is ready.
Grand Master Lurker
Dabbling Poster

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2011, 12:28:30 am »

So what's Koral going to do while we wait for Agurtha? She's all ready for this raid, while Agurtha has a few more steps and some travel time to make. I meant there would be two attacks; the first one on the depot now to get useful resources, the second one a day or two afterward (when the sacrifice is at his prime) to get enough treasure that our dragon aspires to be a god.
 There are many problems in this plan: we will be giving the dwarves more time to prepare too (minor, they could also be demoralized, the humans might blame them for the loss, and they might not expect another attack so soon); we don't have any method of controlling the undead created; we don't know how deep the vaults are or the traps go; and we need a way to tear open their metal walls and (unless we take the entire fortress) vaults. Regardless, we're going to need to be able to seriously damage their traps and infrastructure on the first attack so that their resources are drained enough for the second attack to cause chaos (without control, it wont really be like a seige).

To rephrase: we have brute force enough for a raid, and more coming, but for a full vault-deep assault we need much more information and preparation.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11