Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!  (Read 12493 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2011, 05:30:03 pm »

Well, what would you suggest?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2011, 05:38:30 pm »

Well, what would you suggest?

"Could you increase Stanton's size before the bug spell was cast?"

Another spirit was inquiring about enlarging our cattle too. We can't be sure that the spells would accept completely unnatural enlargement, however... what if we found a way to do so legitimately? This is actually giving me a new idea: perhaps we could find a way to increase Mantis Stanton's size after the spell is cast? Let him feast upon other creatures to add their mass to his own. We could accomplish a similar feat with the cattle if we gave them a hankering for flesh.

Or we could just feed them a lot of cake/grass, but somehow that feels less appropriate.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2011, 05:42:56 pm »

Oh. Thats good. I dont know if that will work though...
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2011, 05:54:31 pm »

Oh. Thats good. I dont know if that will work though...

Stanton shouldn't be a problem, since if we get our hands on a size-booster it shouldn't matter whether we do it pre- or post-Mantis. At least that's how I see it. The only reason to incorporate more vermin into his form is to make him bigger anyways.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2011, 05:58:00 pm »

Well, it actually depends on how many insects come to his 'grave'....

So if we added some bait.. More would come.

Actually, disregard my previous instruction. Look in your book, and see if you cant find any bug attracting spells.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2011, 11:42:03 am »

Agurtha:

You drag the soul-drained elf ranger across your wagon and sprawl her across the top of your bedding to use as neck support while you read. Eventually you find a spell that could work on your behalf. You read it aloud and doodle some notes in the margins.

Short Duration Advanced Unlife:

Find or Hex a mortal, for your service willing to die. "I'll just promise some poor bastard riches for his heirs. It will take me quite a bit of time and/or resources to prepare a spell force a mortal to die for me..."
Bring him to a place where the dead sleep, near your desired goal.
Give the mortal a task and let him swear to complete it.
Lay hands on a corpse and chant over it necromantic secretes.
Lay hands on your mortal and chant over him the wish of blissful death.
Inflict with an obsidian edged blade a lethal wound on your slave
, "Where am I going to get an obsidian weapon..."
and instruct him to embrace the corpse and await death.
Chant repeatedly the incantation of existence beyond until your slave expires.
Lay hands on the corpses old and fresh and recite the incantation of liquidation.
Recite the incantation of corporal form, and watch a greater undead rise.

Your new slave will wield the powers of necromancy to meet his task,
raising all corpses in his wake and presence.
Once the task is complete your slave will slowly fade from existance,
and those dead he awakened will become mindless monsters,
and foes to all life.

You instruct your wagon to return to the human city so that you may locate someone weak or desperate enough to be convinced to die for your spell. A few hours under the influence of your evil eye should have most of these poor cityfolk at least willing to consider your offer.

---
Koral:

"Heheheh... my job is to prepare a spell to disable the Ballista? I think my fireball should be good enough to render a wooden war machine useless. That was easy. If the spirits still want the tunnel caved in I'll see what my Pick can do."

You spend the rest of the afternoon whipping your new comrades into shape with some wrestling exercises.

---
Celeste:

You take the long route home, riding up a mountain trail to collect some pine needles for your insect ritual. You recall a simple spell which you could use to actract more bugs to Stanton, but you need more ingredients. Upon arriving back at your house you pull Stanton aside.

"We are going to start the ritual soon, but I have one shopping list for you."

The half orc groans. "What do you need this time?"

You smirk and place your hand on his shoulder. "Two things. The first is some of that fancy oil that the rich and religious use for anointing people. Secondly I need you to fetch my old friend Jessica. I think you met her once or twice before we started sleeping together. You can find her selling herself in the alleyway next to the Warped Gnome Tavern. Tell her Celeste wants to see her. If she refuses to come, and I bet she will, bring her by force."

Stanton nods slowly. "So steal some oil that I could never afford, and kidnap a whore. Would you like me to kill a few puppies while I'm at it?"

You let out a light laugh, that to your horror and amazement almost sounds like a cackle! "Nah. But please do shake any guards you pick up before coming to my hou..."

You are interrupted by a knock on your door. "Open the door girl. It's me, Agurtha!"

You rush to the door and let the crone inside. She quickly sits down on your old wicker rocking chair. "Good afternoon Celeste! I just thought I would drop by, as I have business to attend to here in town."

You and smile and introduce your two guests to each other. "Agurtha, this is my boyfriend Stanton. Stanton, this is Agurtha."

The Crone puts out a bony hand for Stanton to shake. "Charmed. By the way, Celeste when are you going to ummmm..."

"Kill me and turn me into an insect? Soon miss Agurtha, soon. She just has me running some errands for her first." Stanton finishes.

Agurtha shakes her head. "I can help you with your shopping list sweetie. I would rather you handle Stanton now."

You begin to pace the floor. "But I am make a Drought of Encouraged Decomposition to attract more bugs to his corpse. All I need is some anointing oil, some urine, and some local vegetation. I use it all the time to get rid of spare organic matter. Quite frankly it is one of my favorite spells."

Agurtha looks confused. "Why would you want to attract bugs to his corpse?"

"Don't ask. I'm working out of a Druid Spell book. If you tried to follow exactly what I am doing to Stanton it would make your ancient, wicked, head explode!"

Agurtha frowns. "Once we get a patron and form a coven, I think one of our fist orders of busniess will be to get you a better book. But I wonder, dose your current tome contain any spells to create a talking bird?"

Stanton again speaks up. "Yeah. She has one. She often pays beggars and drunks a few copper to fly to the quarry and recite a love poem for me. You said all you need for that spell is a willing participant and some incantations, right?"

"Yeah." you reply kind of disipointed that Stanton stole your thunder in describing your spell. "Feathered Messenger. It allows a mortal to take wing and deliver a few lines of speech to a declared message recipient. I could easily send you a bird, but if you prevent it from returning to me and regaining human shape you would be interfearing with a Druid Spell and may draw the wrath of some local minor nature spirit. Shouldn't be anything you can't handle."

Agurtha nods. "Right. Stanton stay here for a second. Let us see what the spirits tell us to do."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2011, 11:53:52 am »

"The tunnel collapse is meant to both stop the ballista and slow down any reinforcements the dwarves might send. Our primary strategy is to cut off the depot from the rest of the fortress and give us some breathing room. If you have the extra calories to spend it'd be safer to toss a fireball at the thing anyway, but fireballing is probably only needed if the ballista looks as though it will get a new operator."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2011, 03:00:54 pm »

You can just release it and let it fly back and return to human AFTER you cut the tongue out. I don't think that'd be interfering.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2011, 03:04:38 pm »

If Agurtha interfereing with the spell will cause an issue, then we simply don't have her do the killing. All she needs is the tongue, not the soul or some other component that is sole property of the killer in question. Simply catch the bird before it wings away and kill it then, or set the situation in such a way that it "Accidentaly" dies in some other way that is less likely to cause an issue.

Or do what Armok said, which would be simpler.

Armok stop being smart it's scaring me.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2011, 03:58:33 pm »

(You think I'm smart? Yay! :)  )
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2011, 07:10:51 pm »

Hey, anybody want to earn the right to order two hags around for a turn? I just noticed that I havn't been keeping track of personal and group inventories. I just need a list compiled of what the hags have broken down into 4 lists.

On Celeste's person and home
On Koral's person and home
On Agurtha's person and home
The meeting place and other collective inventories

A_Cuter_Triangle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2011, 07:05:08 pm »

I have been enjoying this thread and would like it to continue, so see below.  However, I have never posted on this forum before, so I don't want the double monopoly privileges.   :)  I hope I didn't forget anything!

Agurtha

Book of Unity
Book of Death
Tome of Curses
Brass cauldron
Barrel of preserved livestock hearts
Large Butcher's Knife
Sewing Kit
One de-souled female elf ranger of maiden age
De-souled naked 16-yr. old Snakewoman princess
One Snakewoman princess soul in a diamond
One female elf ranger soul in a diamond
One male Paladin soul in a diamond

Koral

Book of Flames
Tome of Clouds
Natural Potion Guide
Steel cauldron
Bag of Down Feathers
5 cut fire opals
Pickaxe
50 Gold Coins
168 Silver Coins
1 Vial of Green Liquid
1 Vial of Purple Liquid
1 Vile of Orange Liquid
1 Strange Document (cannot read)
A young girl, the dead farmer's daughter (in home)
Draught of Living Statue
One black bear skin, untanned (in home)
2 Orcs
4 Kobolds

Celeste

Young Druid's guide to form changes
Cooking Set
Steel Saber
Roach (A flea-bitten old horse)
Saddle
2 rough quartz stones
Dagger
Stanton's shovel
1 Silver Merchant's Scale
1 Vial of Pruning Maggot Ichor
1 Preserved Stag Beetle (Potential Mold)
1 Preserved Lightning Bug (Potential Mold)
1 Preserved Dragon Fly (Potential Mold)
1 Preserved Silkworm (Potential Mold)
1 Preserved Mantis (Potential Mold)
an offering of cattle (at Lord Vidal's awaiting pickup)
Pine needles
Deer Carcass (in house)
Note:  Bed in house is broken.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2011, 07:18:18 pm »

Nice, but you did forget at least one thing: the paladin's skull. We were going to use that for the Elemental Skull familiar.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2011, 07:24:00 pm »

I have been enjoying this thread and would like it to continue, so see below.  However, I have never posted on this forum before, so I don't want the double monopoly privileges.   :)  I hope I didn't forget anything!

Agurtha

Book of Unity
Book of Death
Tome of Curses
Brass cauldron
Barrel of preserved livestock hearts
Large Butcher's Knife
Sewing Kit
One de-souled female elf ranger of maiden age
De-souled naked 16-yr. old Snakewoman princess
One Snakewoman princess soul in a diamond
One female elf ranger soul in a diamond
One male Paladin soul in a diamond

Koral

Book of Flames
Tome of Clouds
Natural Potion Guide
Steel cauldron
Bag of Down Feathers
5 cut fire opals
Pickaxe
50 Gold Coins
168 Silver Coins
1 Vial of Green Liquid
1 Vial of Purple Liquid
1 Vile of Orange Liquid
1 Strange Document (cannot read)
A young girl, the dead farmer's daughter (in home)
Draught of Living Statue
One black bear skin, untanned (in home)
2 Orcs
4 Kobolds

Celeste

Young Druid's guide to form changes
Cooking Set
Steel Saber
Roach (A flea-bitten old horse)
Saddle
2 rough quartz stones
Dagger
Stanton's shovel
1 Silver Merchant's Scale
1 Vial of Pruning Maggot Ichor
1 Preserved Stag Beetle (Potential Mold)
1 Preserved Lightning Bug (Potential Mold)
1 Preserved Dragon Fly (Potential Mold)
1 Preserved Silkworm (Potential Mold)
1 Preserved Mantis (Potential Mold)
an offering of cattle (at Lord Vidal's awaiting pickup)
Pine needles
Deer Carcass (in house)
Note:  Bed in house is broken.

You are awesome. I still need a clear action for Koral. Unless Glowcat was implying that she should attack the ballista now.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2011, 07:26:45 pm »

Ah, we ready for the attack? If she is then yeah we might as well see what we can do. Anybody have any objections to a daring raid on the dwarven depot?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11