Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!  (Read 12502 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 12:54:01 pm »

Make him an ant, either a bullet or an army ant
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 01:20:26 pm »

> Sneakily stealing away 7 elephants into the forest without anyone noticing can't be all that hard, right? Also good job on the maiden! Lets dress her in the noblest jewellery and silk for the offering! And A clear diamond sounds fine, but a star sapphire would be optimal.

I concur, though I don't agree with the stealing of elephants.  ((We need some allies, at least for a while))  I will make it so.

We want a more respectable patron, one capable of bringing true power to us, not just destruction.  I, as a spirit, know Koral is in the process of staging a raid on a dwarven trade depot, no doubt acquiring for us no end of fine clothes and jewelry.  Thus we should focus on getting a gem to draw to us a powerful dragon.  Share with me your knowledge of which gems draw which dragons.  For the moment return to the meeting place and hex the snake woman to prevent her from running. . . slithering away as she now belongs to us.

Edit:  Watch for a raven on your way to the meeting site, if one is found, kill it and bring the corpse with us.  We might as well have some corpses to choose your familiar from.

Maxi, we don't have an ant to act as a mold.  Also, I think that familiars should be subject to majority vote, that way it's more fair, and that should apply to all hag's familiars.  I personally vote for a silk worm, as that would be useful for deception, which is Celeste's strong suit.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:46:22 pm by V-Norrec »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2011, 01:30:14 pm »

"Hmmm... Any gem can actract a dragon. I think that the color of the gem equates to the color of the dragon. The color of the dragon relates to its breath weapon, personality, and powers. Handbooks on dragons are not exceedingly difficult to come by. I should go to someplace that speaks common to get one though. I don't think I can read anything the Orcs write."

(If you want something put to a majority vote all you have to do is request the relevant hag(s) call upon the binding advice of spirits)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 01:32:40 pm »

If Stanton is turned into a silkworm or other creature that metamorphasizes, will he periodically transform, or will he remain in a single form?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 01:38:47 pm »

Hmmm, can I request binding advice and place a turn, if not, I might have to edit my turn to just request binding advice.  For the moment I'm pretty happy though.  We can have Celeste pick up a book for us using her more human form rather than risk being attacked by elves/humans.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 02:32:34 pm »

"For now focus on getting that large mammal pelt. It may be too much to hope for but perhaps one of the Orcs is a good tracker. Their kind seem to hunt in the wild more often than humans. With that Stone Warrior spell dwarven arrows shouldn't be too much of a problem. But if it's possible to melt their steel fortifications somehow, either through intense heat of a fireball or fire-based potion, or transmute the metal outright, we should attempt dividing their forces more. The empowered Orc warriors should be able to handle the Trade Depot itself.

By the kobold's description it sounds as though the main corridor isn't constructed of steel like the depot and it may be possible to collapse it temporarily so as to cover our retreat. We need up to date information and an escape route. Since the kobold has experience and is a naturally sneaky beast send him to do some reconnaissance on both the Fortress's depot and our best method to flee from it. Give him an Orc to stay nearby as emergency support and to keep him in line if he gets any ideas about running off. If anything happens the Orc should report back to us immediately.

That still leaves us with the issue of our gem reserves. I suspect that if we can force any of the guards to run away in fear it would be a Sin against their government, if not their gods. With the combination of overwhelming force and being cut off from any allies it shouldn't be too hard to break their morale. We just have to hope they aren't the martyr types. Can you recall anything about the locals and their religion? Particularly any kind of religion or government mandate the merchants might have."

Any of you other spirits have ideas about this robbery?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:36:06 pm by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2011, 02:48:13 pm »

Hmmm, can I request binding advice and place a turn, if not, I might have to edit my turn to just request binding advice.  For the moment I'm pretty happy though.  We can have Celeste pick up a book for us using her more human form rather than risk being attacked by elves/humans.

(It is part of a turn. The hag has to get to the meeting ground to pull it out.)

If Stanton is turned into a silkworm or other creature that metamorphasizes, will he periodically transform, or will he remain in a single form?

"You know... I have no clue. I'm sure if he tries to metamorphasize I can dig out a spell to keep him in whatever form I want him in."

"For now focus on getting that large mammal pelt. It may be too much to hope for but perhaps one of the Orcs is a good tracker. Their kind seem to hunt in the wild more often than humans. With that Stone Warrior spell dwarven arrows shouldn't be too much of a problem. But if it's possible to melt their steel fortifications somehow, either through intense heat of a fireball or fire-based potion, or transmute the metal outright, we should attempt dividing their forces more. The empowered Orc warriors should be able to handle the Trade Depot itself.

By the kobold's description it sounds as though the main corridor isn't constructed of steel like the depot and it may be possible to collapse it temporarily so as to cover our retreat. We need up to date information and an escape route. Since the kobold has experience and is a naturally sneaky beast send him to do some reconnaissance on both the Fortress's depot and our best method to flee from it. Give him an Orc to stay nearby as emergency support and to keep him in line if he gets any ideas about running off. If anything happens the Orc should report back to us immediately.

That still leaves us with the issue of our gem reserves. I suspect that if we can force any of the guards to run away in fear it would be a Sin against their government, if not their gods. With the combination of overwhelming force and being cut off from any allies it shouldn't be too hard to break their morale. We just have to hope they aren't the martyr types. Can you recall anything about the locals and their religion? Particularly any kind of religion or government mandate the merchants might have."

Any of you other spirits have ideas about this robbery?

I don't need  occupied gem for spell. Empty one will work. Sending unarmed scouts to a fortress with steel stuff foolhardy, but I do it if you insist.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2011, 02:51:12 pm »

Just to eat a lot in case things go south.  A potion of speed to combine with the stone skin would be nice too.  Erm. . . I'm still not sure if I can do this but, get binding advice on Stanton's new form?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2011, 02:57:24 pm »

"The orc is supposed to stay far back. Let the kobold thief sneak, but don't get too close. In fact, it's probably better to let him only gather intelligence from outside the Fortress. They're only there to scout. Pick the fastest and most stealthy of your lot for the job."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2011, 06:56:54 pm »

Agurtha:

You exit your wagon and wander around the Orcish camp, pondering the elephants. They are big noisy things and most of their owners are heavily armed. Furthermore you note that they are too large to fit into your wagon. You eventually conclude that stealing one, much less seven elephants would be nearly impossible in broad daylight without some sort of spell prepared. You hop into your wagon and instruct it to bring you to the meeting area.

Your home dashes in the direction of the meeting place. On the way you spot several ravens. You halfheartedly throw a few pebbles at the birds to pacify the spirits, but you know that you are unlikely to catch one without a prepared spell and that wild ravens are unlikely to have learned the trick of speech anyways.

Upon arriving at the meeting area you are implored by the spirits to harvest your maiden's soul with a star sapphire. You inform them that you have no star sapphire and no means to obtain one. The spirits relent and inform you that one of your clear diamonds will suffice. You smirk, and decide to collect her soul on the spot.

Your victim appears to have gained her composure, and is no longer scared enough to be harvested. You fix that by taking your butchers knife and slicing off a bit of the skin on her torso. She immediately begins screaming in pain and cowering in fear. Two minutes later you touch the snakewoman with your last unoccupied diamond and she falls limp. You untie her and measure her for a truly beautiful outfit once you get the material.

You hear a knock on your wagon. It is Celeste, asking for your help in invoking the binding advice of the spirits. You gladly walk the young one through the required ritual, and curiously wait for the spirits response.

---
Koral:

You instruct the largest Orc and the smallest Kobold to go to the Dwarf Fortress and scout it. You then take off in search of a large mammal to kill for its pelt. After several hours of flying over the forest hunger begins to consume you. Just as you feel that you will have to return to the meeting ground and eat a chicken however you spot something: A human hunter walking through the forest with a dead black bear slung across his back.

You swoop down on the human and deliver a brutal airborne tackle! Your victim falls over and you land on top of him, grabbing his arms before he can get to his knife. You then snap his wrists and begin to take your time breaking every major bone in his body with your bare hands. Once the hunter passes out from the pain you take his knife and drive it through both of his eyes, destroying his brain.

You cut the human open and eat his stomach and intestines to regain your energy. You then set to work skinning the bear... it takes you several hours, and you do a less than perfect job but you feel as if the pelt you have produced will suffice. You fly back to your cave to see that the scouts have yet to return.

---
Celeste:

You decide that you have no idea which insect form to make your familiar. You ride off to the meeting grounds where you resolve to ask the spirits for advice. Upon arriving you notice a wagon which the spirits inform you is the home of Agurtha. You decide to knock on her door.

The scene within the wagon causes you to blush. The old crone is leaning over the naked form of an unconscious serpent woman and holding a measuring stick from her sewing kit. "Don't mind the scene dear." The ancient hag smirks "I'm merely preparing our offering of maiden. You think she is pretty enough?"

You blush and fail to answer. After about thirty seconds of silence Agurtha speaks again. "Okay. Squeamish around naked bodies. I'll have to fix that."

Using the crone's statement as a bridge to your intentions you respond. "I am currently in a relationship with a committed lover, which I would like to turn into a relationship with a committed familiar. I came here to request the spirits tell me what bestial form I should have him take, and I was wondering if you could walk me through the request."

Agurtha reaches into her kit and hands you a needle. "Simple. Speak in the most imposing voice you can muster, as if reciting an incantation, and inform the spirits that you need help selecting the form of your familiar. Tell them that you offer your blood to bind yourself to their advice. Stab yourself with the needle and wait to be enveloped by a black aura, then list all your options to the spirits. Got all that?"

"Yes your wretchedness."
you respond with a smile. You step outside and clear your throat. "Oh great spirits from realms which I fail to comprehend! I humble myself before you and ask that you aid me pick a form for my eventual familiar. I offer unto you my blood to bind myself to your opinion!"

You jab yourself with the needle and watch your blood hit the ground. You are instantly engulfed in a black aura. You speak once more, listing your options...

"I could make a stag beetle, and serve my patron with it's great strength!

I could birth a lightning bug, and conquer the darkness!

I could brew up a dragonfly, and destroy from above those who dare oppose my coven!

I could create a silkworm, and learn to craft from the gifts of raw material it provides me!

I could spawn a mantis, and use it's blades to spread blood across the land!"

As you wait for the spirits to respond you notice the sun is rising. Stanton will have assumed that you left for the manor without him and set off on his own, beating you there.

Everybody can vote this turn, as well as give orders as usual to the hags. From now on, anybody may instruct a hag to seek binding advice at any time, even if they have already commanded another hag, assuming that going to the meeting grounds and preforming the ritual will not prevent her from performing her other actions on the upcoming turn.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2011, 07:30:49 pm »

I changed my mind, I vote for a Stag beetle.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2011, 09:56:58 pm »

I vote for a giant mantis. Bonus points if we can make it like the ones from Die by the Sword.

flacyosh

• Bay Watcher
  • shaping the future
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2011, 09:58:50 pm »

I vote for the giant mantis.
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 the generation        I have no idea why I did that...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2011, 06:18:07 am »

all the options seem good, but I'd probably go with the mantis as well.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2011, 07:13:22 am »

I'd say mantis wins. Now submit actions!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11