Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!  (Read 12504 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 12:25:17 am »

Koral: Perhaps the new meat can be used to help rob a vault with many treasures. Promise them a portion of the riches so they'll go. Once their bodies are no longer of use we can do something else with them. Make plans for a heist that will fill your dragon with great ambition. You can mine and your potions are capable of many tricks, it should be a relatively easy task.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Elero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2011, 01:10:30 pm »

Agurtha: You need two hearts with four chambers  (mammals have four chambers, right?)
So, uh , find someone that sells speaking parrots, kill him, take his hearth and steal the parrot.
Grand Master Lurker
Dabbling Poster

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 04:46:36 pm »

Celeste:

You wake up on Stanton's bed and ride home, where you open your guide to form changes in search of a spell to heal a terminal illness. You spot a spell that could work.

Immortal Soul of the Beast: In some parts of this world the vocation of Druid is less than popular. This spell gives a powerful tool to any Druid attempting to recruit; the offer of immortality. A person afflicted with this spell will refresh his or her body and soul instantly upon dying. The subject will maintain most of their own memories and personality, but each time they refresh their life they become a little more animal like in appearance and behavior. After about 10 refreshes the subject of this spell will be indistinguishable from a regular animal.

To cast the spell one must have the following components.
1. A condemned or dying mortal with a relatively innocent heart
"Hopefully this girl is 'relatively innocent...'"
2. A handful of moss "Can't be too hard to get..."
3. A jar full of honey "Hmm... guess I'll have to rob a bee farm..."
4. Water from a pure spring deep in the mountains "...Screw it. I'll tell the estate to fetch my supplies if they want their daughter fixed."
5. A cup of blood from an animal "My horse Roach is my goto choice for animal blood."
6. A bar of soap
7. Hands to lay
8. A voice to recite

Mash up the moss and mix with the honey and spring water to form a cold and unbrewed potion. Ask the subject to disrobe and drink the potion. While he or she drinks lay hands on the subject and recite three times the incantation of wild beasts and twice the incantation of sacred life. Instruct the subject to lie still on the grass or barren earth nearby while you prepare the second part of the spell.

Pour the animal blood and drop the soap in a tub and fill with water. Recite the incantation of unity over the concoction repeatedly for at least two and a half hours non stop. Have an assistant, friend of the subject, or fellow Druid wash the subjects hair (Or barren scalp) in the concoction. While this is occurring lay hands on the subject and recite three times the incantation of wild beasts and twice the oath of the four elements. At this point the spell is complete.

If the subject's condition is one of advanced suffering, or they want proof that the spell works, deal the subject a lethal blow and allow them to refresh. The subject will likely be compelled to serve nature so be sure to provide them with the supplies, advice, and contacts required to become a successful Druid.

Just as you finish reading the spell you hear a knock on your door. Stanton has returned from the Elven retreats with the supplies you need to perform the ritual.

+1 Silver Merchants Scale
+1 Vial of Pruning Maggot Ichor
+1 Preserved Stag Beetle (Potential Mold)
+1 Preserved Lightning Bug (Potential Mold)
+1 Preserved Dragon Fly (Potential Mold)
+1 Preserved Silkworm (Potential Mold)
+1 Preserved Mantis (Potential Mold)

You inform your Boyfriend that he will not get transformed on his birthday, as you have another errand or two for him to run for you first. You remove your shirt and sprawl face down on your bed to compose a letter. Stanton gleefully licks the pus from the sores on your back as you write.

To his Lordship Dave Vidal,

I Celeste, Druid of the forest and daughter of the stars have heard of your daughters plight. I have decided to take pity on your family and grant unto your daughter the gift of immortality on two conditions. The first condition is that your daughter will enter into the service of nature as a druid. The second is that I receive your 25 finest cattle as payment.

If you would like to make use of my services please send word through my servant Stanton and prepare for me the following required spell components.

x1 basket of fresh Moss
x1 bottle of pure spring water
x1 jar of golden honey
x1 bar of your finest soap
x1 washtub
x1 fine chalice
x2 large meals fitting of a lord to keep my satiated while I work

Your humble servant in nature,

-Celeste

You hand Stanton the letter and instruct him to deliver it to the estate. He rides off into the sunset on his horse. You suddenly feel regret about the fact that you don't owned a trained parrot. You do however remember that your book contains a spell that can turn a willing participant into a raven to deliver a message. You also recall that it requires nothing more complex or expensive than a few incantations.

---
Koral:

You stand up and approach the prisoners and speak to them fluently in Orcish, your native tongue. "I am Koral, a great and terrible hag. I require a vast amount of treasure to perform a magical ritual. I could kill you down and melt down the bars of this wagon to make a few meager pieces of art, or you could help me plan and execute robbery and walk away with a cut!"

One of the Orcs translates your words for the Kobolds and the captives mutter to themselves for several minutes, before agreeing to help you. You let one of the Orc soldiers out of the cage to drive the wagon to the base of your mountain. You free the group and instruct them to set up a camp nearby warning them that you will know if they try to escape.

You then make the quick flight up to your cave to grab your book of potions before returning to your new allies to discuss selecting a target.

One of the Kobolds explains through his Orcish translator that he used to frequent the nearby dwarven fortress as a thief. At this time of the year the dwarves typically entertain traders from a human kingdom in a faraway land. The human traders are notable for their glass work.

The Kobold explains that the trade depot is very close to the fortress entrance. You quickly come to decide that the best way to break into the depot, hold it long enough to load up the goods, and escape cleanly would be to employ your favorite tactic; brute force. You further decide that giving weapons to a group you may choose to betray later would be a bad idea, so the temporary benefits of a potion would better suit your new friends.

You flip open your book of elemental potions and begin to skim the pages. "Let your auntie Koral look through this book, and find something that will let you take on the dwarves and humans without causality..."

---
Agurtha:

Deciding that you have caused enough trouble among the humans you direct your wagon to make a path to the lands of the Orcish tribes. After several minutes you disembark in the the camp and wander freely. The Orcish folk rule by power, superstition, and fear and thus respect your kind greatly - So long as the individual hag or her coven doesn't have a reputation for killing Orcs.

You wander the camp and check out the local animal merchants. To your dismay you find they only carry war animals such as wargs, horses, and the occasional elephant. You retreat to the local tavern tent where many locals offer to buy you drinks in exchange for some magical advise or a tale from your storied past.

After several hours of drinking heavily you stagger out of the tavern tent. You are seeing double and having a hard time keeping your balance. You get halfway back to your wagon when you fall to the ground vomiting wildly and pass out.

You awaken in a bed in a dark tent. You hear a familiar voice call out to you. "You up hag Agurtha? You have an healthy?"

You groan and look up to see Polok, an Orcish Shaman with whom you do business every so often. "Yeah. I'm fine. I think I just got drunk. I do that from time to time."

"You make a very drunk. Not orc even drink 8 tankards of sewer brew and 12 shotty of swamp wiskey. Happy Polok that you are a healthy. Polok need favor from hag Agurtha."

You shake your head and decipher the orc's very broken common. "Umm... Okay... What favor do you request from the great crone Agurtha?"

The Orc nods. "Useful slave make a disobedient. All Polok's punish spells make dead or maimed happen. Want useful slave to be a suffering, with be a useless slave."

You take a deep breath. "I could easily inflict thousands of unspeakable sufferings on your slave while keeping him physically healthy. But I need something in return. I will be joining a coven soon, and I need a maiden to offer my patron, or a talking parrot to... um... become my familiar. Could you get me one of those?"

The Orc smiles brightly. "What speaking parrot mean? But I may get you pretty who has a pretty... and a tail. We have slave auction when sun makes morning. We make selling of lots of snake people from deep lands. I buy you a one if my slave punished tonight."

You climb out of the bed. "Let us walk to my wagon of darkness and despair so I can consider your offer and look up usable spells."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:13:40 pm by Weirdsound »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2011, 05:06:26 pm »

!!!

You must use elephants. Or even better whales, but I suppose there are none of those around. Also I think Celeste can handle the bird so don't bother with that. Also a snake people slave sounds neat, go for it.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 05:33:55 pm »

I don't think that whales properly qualify as livestock.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2011, 07:29:17 pm »

Forget the bird for the moment.  We have transformations to consider.  Proceed to start the necessary preparations for the rituals by getting blood from our horse and then healing his wound.  Ask Stanton which insect he prefers the most when he returns.  Afterwards assume the form of a troll to please him.

Edit:  I realized I had typed it in a way that didn't make sense so I went and fixed it yo.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 05:30:04 pm by V-Norrec »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2011, 08:17:08 pm »

Forget the bird for the moment.  We have transformations to consider.  Look up how to become a troll to please Stanton, then proceed to start the necessary preparations for the ritual.  Ask Stanton which insect he prefers the most when he returns.

"Trolls are humanoid and thus covered by my impersonate mortal spell. They are huge and monstrous, so the transformation will likely take a day or two worth of food out of me."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2011, 08:44:10 pm »

Proceed to start the necessary preparations for the rituals by getting blood from our horse and then healing his wound.  Ask Stanton which insect he prefers the most when he returns.  Afterwards assume the form of a troll to please him.  After that, I'm sure that deer will look very appetizing.

It's kind of a repost, but it's better worded and stuff.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 11:12:34 pm »

To Koral: "If we have some kinda of potion to cause lycanthropy or another curse that could be spread it would be a bonus. Causing those miserable dwarves to become divided and weak will help prepare our future conquests. Besides that we could use something to cover our true nature so as to not incite a kingdom against us until we are ready. If this heist looks like a werewolf or bandit attack they will not suspect the future doom that awaits them."

"Also, how effective are your skills at mining? Perhaps we can prepare a tunnel beforehand to cover our retreat from eyes and arrows once we acquire the loot. Prepare the tunnel to be collapsed behind you if their guards give chase."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2011, 11:18:57 pm »

"Wolf People not Koral's thing. My potion book is element. Lycanthropy curses and Shapechange. Either other hag do that good. I very good miner though."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2011, 11:39:51 pm »

Ah right, I keep misremembering specifics. How do the hags gain new powers or skills anyway?

Hmm... if we don't want to give them permanent weapons in case we turn on them, "Can you create temporary weapons with elemental magic or somehow arm our soldiers? Turn them into stone warriors? Ask the kobold about the layout of the depot. If there's a way to collapse the tunnels where the bulk of dwarven guards are stationed we could deal with the humans separately. A throwable flask that very briefly transmutes stone into liquid or .. hehe.. magma?"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2011, 08:40:38 am »

Bump for the game's epic qualities. 

Elero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2011, 09:02:09 am »

Agurtha:
Yes, that deal sounds good.
 Elephants are perfect, buy as many as you can afford.

Grand Master Lurker
Dabbling Poster

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 12:32:20 pm »

Celeste:

You fetch a pot from your cooking set and head outside to your horse roach with your shortsword. Your loyal, ageing steed knows exactly what is coming, and allows you to make a small gash in its leg and collect some blood. You then heal it up and return inside to wait for Stanton.

After about five hours of tidying your flat and fighting off boredom the Half Orc returns. You greet him and ask him for news. "The lord is interested in your offer, and is preparing your supplies, but he would like a demonstration of your power before he lets you near his daughter."

You nod. It can't be too difficult to impress a human with the spells you have memorized. "Very good love. We shall depart at dawn. Now then, I have to ask, do you have any preference as to which mold I use to make an insect out of you?"

The half Orc pauses for a second. "Well... If I were a lightning bug, I could continue being the light of your world. But if I were a stag beetle I could devote to you my unyeilding strength. As I dragonfly my love could take wing, and as a Mantis I could kill for you... but in the form of a silkworm I could keep you clothed and beautiful..."

Your lover continues his long winded speech about how each bug form could bring your relationship to a whole new level. You shake your head, Stanton has to be the most hopeless romantic you have ever had the pleasure of meeting. You interupt him by disrobing, and a huge grin spreads across the half Orc's face. "I'm going to pratice assuming the form of a troll for the ritual. You are welcome to come to my bedroom and pratice with me."

Your body begins to swell in size and aquire a layer of shaggy green wool...

You awaken in your bed next to Stanton. You are both soaked in the blood of a deer, whose bones are scattered across the room. Your bedding is ruined by the deer blood and the legs of your bed seem to have buckled and snapped under the weight of your troll form. You re-assume your relatively human shape and walk outside to look at the sky. There are still several hours to pass before dawn...

---
Koral:

You open your potion book and find the recipe for the drought of stone soldier, a drink that turns it's consumer into a living statue for several hours. You can make a cauldron full of the stuff using mostly common ingreediants that you can find around your cave. However you do need the pelt of a large mammal to complete the potion. The brew also requires you to offer up one of your gems, something you are not sure you want to do.

You ask the Kobold to explain the layout of the fortress leading up to the trade depot. Through his translator he explains that the entrance to the fortress is a long corridor. The trade Depot is the second door on the left. The walls and floor of the room are built from solid dwarven steel, making tunneling in unlikely. The room contains a large area for wagons to be loaded and unloaded, several desks for the beancounters to work, a small living area for the merchants, and a large party area to celebrate sucessful trade relations with various groups of outsiders.

The room is generally defended by two hammer dwarves and whatever soldiers the merchants choose to bring. There are fortifacations carved into one of the walls, allowing crossbow dwarves to shoot at threats in the Depot from the safety of their barracks. The Kobold explains that this information is about half a decade old.

You begin to pace around your new friends' campsite and ponder this information, hoping to come up with a plan.

Agurtha:

You arrive at your wagon and dig through your potion book until you find a good one for controlling slaves. The Master's Call prevents a slave from feeling anything other than sorrow and fear unless he is actively carrying out his masters will. You jot the instructions down in simple terms on a piece of parchemnt and hand it to Polok.

"This nice brew should keep you disobedient slave under control. It is so simple even a mortal such as yourself can make it. I'd find somebody to transcribe it into Orcish first though. If you speak common so terribly I highly doubt you can read it."

The shaman nods and smiles. "Polok give a thanks to hag Agurtha. Polok buy you snakey-girl at slave auction."

You nod and lie down for a quick nap. Several hours later a group of Shaman gather in the center of camp and call the sun to rise early across the Orcish lands, so that the business day can begin. You explore the camp and look into the posibility of buying an elephant. There seem to be seven total pachyderms for sale. Luckily you recall nothing in the part about the offering of livestock that says that all the livestock must be of the same species.

You are somewhat disheartened when you inquire about the price. The cheapest elephant you can find is going for 75 gold coins. Most of the rest are in the 150-200 price range. It seems that if you want an elephant you will have to resort to barter or theft.

Eventualy most of the camp gathers around for the slave auction. The auctioneer speaks in Orcish, which you cannot understand, however somebody translates his words into common for the benefit of the few treacherous humans, dwarves, and elves that do business in the camp. It is explained that a snakeman warlord from deep in the caverns sold to the Orcish tribe one of his wives and her entire family in exchange for metal weaponry. They have a poisonous bite and are thus sold gagged.

Most of the Snakemen sold are far to old to serve as the offering of maiden, however eventually one is shown that catches your eye. The translator explains her situation. "This snake lady is both the daughter and granddaughter of the sitting serpentine warlord. Her name is unpronounceable in any surface tongue. She is 16 years old, and trained in no useful skills. She will make a fine taxidermy trophy, or for those not afraid of her bite, a fine mistress. Bidding starts at two silver."

You tap Polok on the shoulder. "Buy me this one."

Your Orc associate stands up with two silver in hand and gives a rousing speech in his native tounge. You don't understand most of it, but he points at you and mentions your name along with the orcish word for 'coven'. The other bidders turn to stare at you, and then back to the shaman. A silence falls across the crowd and no further bids are made. Polok has just purchased on your behalf an offering of maiden of noble blood for less than the price of a dog!

Some of the auction house employees help you haul your new purchase to the wagon and dump her on the floor. You look her over and ponder what to do. You could harvest her soul now, but you only have one gem left, and you are not sure what kind of dragon a clear diamond would attract. You also note that like most slaves she was sold naked. The spell requires that she be dressed in rags to call a feral and destructive dragon or beautiful garments to attract a more civilized and reasonable patron.

You can easily fashion her some rags with your sewing kit and the clothing of your other two victims. You would need to aquire some more valuable material if you want something nicer for her to wear...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 12:46:57 pm »

> Sneakily stealing away 7 elephants into the forest without anyone noticing can't be all that hard, right? Also good job on the maiden! Lets dress her in the noblest jewellery and silk for the offering! And A clear diamond sounds fine, but a star sapphire would be optimal.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11