Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!  (Read 12480 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!
« on: June 02, 2011, 10:07:14 pm »

Alright. I'm back to doing RP's on Bay12. Yay. Unfortunately I lost my notes file on AssimilateU, so I am officially declaring that game dead. So I'm launching another sugestion based game where the players control vile monsters in it's place! As before this game is second priority so expect delays, unannounced hiatus, and sudden game death.

What is a hag?:
A hag is a magical and appalling ugly female humanoid with the ability to harvest souls and trap them in gems. An individual hag is considered nothing more than an annoyance to civilized society, so they often form a group of three, called a coven, to spread terror and exert fear.

The setting: A typical medieval/fantasy universe. Unless it is stated otherwise I guess you can assume Dwarf Fortress universe rules apply

How do I play?: This a suggestion driven game with a twist. There are 3 PC hags and each will obey the first reasonable suggestion it receives. A fourmite may only issue a sugestion to one hag a round, so in effect the first three folks to post get their action performed. If there is time in the round after following the first suggestion a Hag will attempt to follow other sugestions in the order received. Some rounds (Most notably the first round) will require a mass vote instead of individual suggestions.

Magic, Spells, and Potions: Each hag starts with two memorized spells that they can cast at will, with no cost other than alot of calories burned. Beyond that if a player wants to cast a spell or brew a potion with a certain effect they will look it up in an appropriate book. The players can suggest almost any spell or potion imaginable so long as one of the Hags owns a book it could reasonably appear in. From there I will decide what preparations, costs, and materials will be required to cast the spell/brew the potion.

Do you need any help?: Why yes, thanks for asking. I stink at the visual arts and would like a map of the game world. The map should include the following: A human settlement, an elven settlement, a dwarven settlement, an orcish settlement, an entrance to the cavern systems, the homes of all three hags, the meeting place of the hags, and several natural biomes to explore. The person who provides the best map will gain the right to give priority to his sugestion so that the chosen hag will carry it out first. The map-maker can use this power once at any time.

Without further ado I present The Hags!

Agurtha:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Koral:

Celeste

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:07:51 pm »

Act 1 Checklist:
Acquire a potential familiar for each hag. (0/3)
Prepare the offering of maiden. (0/1)
Prepare the offering of treasure. (0/1)
Prepare the offering of livestock. (1/1)
Deal with Celeste's Boyfriend. (1/1)
Deal with Celeste's ex BFF. (1/1)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:15:32 am by Weirdsound »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:08:15 pm »

Two terrifying women enter the clearing. The thin and frail one pauses for a second and sniffs the air.

"Alright. The walls between realms are thin here. I can just smell the demons and spirits. How dose this place connect to the elements Koral my dear?"

The larger, stocky woman throws a large sack to the ground and looks around. "River run through, make water connection. We breath, air connection. We stand, earth connection. Soil touched by fire this century. We good."

The thin hag pauses for a second to pick her nose. "Well then. This shall be our meeting place! Let her out of the sack Koral, and ungag the dear. I'll get the spell ready."

Koral unties the top of the sack and lifts it upside down, spilling a bound and gagged young lady onto the ground. "You talk now. Have more respect for Ms. Agurtha." the hag declares as she removes the gag from her prisoner.

"I AM NOT A HAG! LET ME GO YOU MONSTERS!" The girl screams.

Agurtha smiles as she begins to fumble around in her pocket. "But you are a hag my dear. You'll grow uglier with time, I promise. As for your bindings, I'll release your body once our minds are bound."

A look of panic spreads across the girls face. "What do you mean bind our minds? AND I AM HUMAN! or maybe half elf... I don't know."

Agurtha produces a single needle from her pocket. "I'm not going to take away your free will, I'm just going to direct it. Me and Koral want to form a coven, and you are the only other hag we could find. To form a coven we need a powerful being to serve as our patron, so we are going to evoke spirits to give us binding advise on how to proceed."

The old crone produces a dusty old book and opens it. "Alright... I need to do the incantation first... Oh great spirits of the Dead, Fey, Demonic, Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water! We three seek to enter into a coven! We offer our blood to bind ourselves to your advice!"

The air around the three women begins to glow and Agurtha spends several minutes trying to find a vein to prick herself in. Eventualy rusty brown blood drips from her arm. She passes the needle to Koral who quickly jabs herself in one of the exposed arteries on her fleshless right arm. "Alright then gurl. Your turn for the pricking!"

The girl screams at the top of her lungs as the large fat hag drives the needle into her arm. As soon as her blood hits the ground all three begin to glow with a foul black aura.

Agurtha clears her throat and speaks once more. "The book of unity I carry offers spells to introduce us to several potential patrons. Speak spirits and tell us what we shall peruse.

We could create a sentient undead being and let it lead us in spreading the plague across the land!

We could call upon a dragon and serve it in it's pursuit of treasure and fame!

We could unleash a fey spirit of pure emotion into this world, and serve it's whimsical desires!

We could allow a demon access to our souls, and aim to damn all of mortal kind to the inferno!

We could agree to serve a spirit of nature and the elements, in exchange for a portion of it's power!

We could seek out a mortal with true evil in his soul, and lead him to become a true despot!"

Agurtha pauses for a second before becoming impatient. "I AM OLDER THAN HALF YOU DAMN SPIRITS! DON'T YOU DARE KEEP ME WAITING!"

(Well 'spirits', which option do you choose? Go ahead and vote. Do not propose an action here)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:23:08 pm by Weirdsound »

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 10:16:57 pm »

Maiden, Mother, and Crone, eh? Well, obviously the first action is to change their names to Magrat, Gytha, and Esmerelda. Because I'm going to think of them like that anyways.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 12:05:57 am »

Enter Witch's Spirit.

SPIRIT
Agurtha, Korel and Celeste three,
Hear my words and mark well my plea!

In life a pact with Demon made I,
And in the doing I was brought low,
Fearing not the infernal Pit,
Secure falsely in a devil's spell.
I warn you each off this dreadful path,
Only sorrow and torment do await ye,
If Demon, Ghost or Tyrant ye make truce
As I did in before my untimely end.

Pledge thyself to a spirit Fey,
Or to a Dragon with riches great,
Or to Nature for powers vast,
I care not. I bid you bye, ye three,
For my hour is almost come,
When I to sulphurous and tormenting flames
Must render up myself.

Spirit exits in a cloud of brimstone.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 02:43:45 am »

Nature spirit sounds good...

And drat, I liked AssimilateU.

Edit: ok, I change my vote to IronyOwl's suggestion.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:43:40 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 03:29:55 am »

Ancient Agurtha, feeds on fear,
Grip the dead and bring them near,
Yet serve ye not unhallowed path,
Nor whimsy's gust, nor hellfire's wrath,
Serve not nature, wind or rain,
Serve not petty mortal's gain,
Ancient wings and scales of flame,
Well-known signs and whispered name,
The Dragon's call is wealth and fire,
Serve it well, and spread your ire.

Koral, Koral, eater of sin,
Madness out, madness in,
Feast on flame and ride on air,
Yet shape the stone to make your lair,
Koral, Koral, eater of sin,
Serve The Dragon and know your kin.

Celeste the fair, authority-fed,
Live with mortals and know their dread,
Yet hatch the egg and know the path,
Begin to feed and show your wrath,
Celeste, deceiver of all but her kin,
Serve now The Dragon's lust from within.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 07:22:31 am »

Have you any further wishes for the map, like directions or landscapes and such, or am I free to do as I want?
I can't really promise I'll finish anything, and it's been a while since I last created anything map-like, but I could give it a go.
Love, scriver~

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 07:54:59 am »

Maiden, Mother, and Crone, eh? Well, obviously the first action is to change their names to Magrat, Gytha, and Esmerelda. Because I'm going to think of them like that anyways.
DAMN YOUUUUUUUU.

Anyway, Esmerelda weatherwax can do all three roles.
Oh my.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 08:56:02 am »

Have you any further wishes for the map, like directions or landscapes and such, or am I free to do as I want?
I can't really promise I'll finish anything, and it's been a while since I last created anything map-like, but I could give it a go.

Nope feel free to add whatever the hell you want wherever the hell you want it. Until the map goes up I'll just have to assume that a feature exists if you all want it to exist.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 01:23:36 pm »

The spirits debate among themselves for almost an hour. Eventual they come to a conclusion that most of them can agree upon. The clouds in the sky glow black for a second and rearrange themselves in the shape of a mighty dragon!

"Ah. It has been decided. We shall serve a dragon. Took you damn spirits long enough to figure it out though."
The old crone chuckles. "I haven't had one of those as a patron since my first coven. This will bring back the memories."

The young lady takes a deep breath and ceases to struggle against her bindings. "Let me go. I still hate the both of you monsters, but I feel compelled to help with this dragon thing."

The skinny old lady aproaches the girl and smirks. "Of course you do. That is how the spell works. Tell me your name girl and I will cut you free."

"I'm Celeste, Okay, now cut me free!"

The old lady nods, pulls out a butchers knife, and gets to work on the ropes. "I am Agurtha, and the charming lady over there is Koral. We are going to be your new family my sweet..."

Celeste jumps to her feet and points accusingly at the two vile creatures before her. "I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH EITHER OF YOU!"

Koral places her disgusting skinless arm across the girl's shoulder. "You lie. Spirits compel you to want us. Grow up, accept fate."

The young lady falls to the ground and begins to sob. Ignoring the pathetic display Agurtha once again begins to flip through the pages of her book. "Alright... here we go... Attract Dragon. This spell lures to our location a dragon that is open to the idea of sponsoring a coven. There are three components we must acquire... I'll just read them verbatim...

1: The offering of maiden
The would be coven must find
a mortal maiden of beauty and reproductive prime.
seal her soul in a gem of color
to determine the element of your dragon mother.
Place her soul around her neck
an' nail her to a stake!
Cloth her in rags for a dragon savage
or noble garments to call a noble beast!

2. The offering of livestock
Aquire 25 heads of beasts
upon which the mortals feast.
Slit their throats but don't make steak,
arrange them in a circle around the Maidens Stake.
The larger the beasts that you slaughter,
the older and wiser you'll find your father.

3 The offering of treasure
Offer to the dragon's gate
fruits of the earth of a stallions weight.
the more valuable the goods between beasts and girl
the more ambition your dragon shall unfurl.

I hope you got all that through those pathetic tears Celeste my dear..."

"Yes..." the girl sniffles "which part am I responsible for?"

Koral shakes her head. "Spirts cordinate our actions. What you need to do will come in time. Any other business before departing?"

Agurtha nods. "We must each prepare a familiar. To do this Celeste, you must dominate a small creature through kindness or magic and let it drink nothing but your blood for at least two days before we summon the dragon. You can also create and animate a non-living construct to serve as your link to the patron; just make sure you find a way to work your blood into the animation spell."

Celeste nods. "Finding a beast should be simple enough. Is that all?"

An evil smirk spreads across Agurtha's pale face. "One more thing my dear. Before entering the coven we must all have no strong emotional ties to any being except each other. That will be no problem for loners such as me and Koral, but I'd wager my cauldron you have a close friend or two that needs to go poof!"

Horror dawns on the girl. "You want me to kill my friends? I WILL NOT!"

"Kill them, harvest their souls, hell you can even transmute one of them into a suitable familiar if you know what your doing. I don't care what happens to them, but they need to be out of your life for good. And you will do it, you are bound to everything in your power to enter into a coven with us, so the spirits will compel you to take care of them eventually."

The girl stares on with anger and shock in her eyes as the crone contines talking. "Let us three return to our home and meet again when we have taken care of everything."

Koral begins to pick at her exposed bone with Agurtha's needle "You two go. I stay and make hide-ey hole in meeting place for spell component storage."

---

You wake up in your shack to the neighing of your horse Roach. It is morning, but not quite yet dawn. You ponder what happened to you yesterday, and what you must do today.

You are a loner, but there are two people to whom you are close enough to have to destroy. The first being Stanton, you half orc lover. The demented weirdo dates you in part because he has a strange fetish for licking the foul smelling pus from your sores, but he is also a genuinely loyal lover, who's bond with you is much more than merely physical. He is impressed by your magical talents and has been trying to convince you for two years that you are a hag. Perhaps you should start believing him...

Your other target is Jessica. A woman in her 30's who used to be your best friend before cutting ties with you as your ugliness began to manifest. The thought of your time together haunts you every night as you try to sleep. You stalk her on and off, and know that she is currently working as a lady of the night in an alleyway about a mile from your house.

Besides your friends you also feel obliged to acquire a familiar to be and help out however you can with the dragon summoning spell. You take a deep breath. It is going to be a busy day.

---

You roll your old bones off the mat in your abandoned wagon and climb to your feet. You pause for a minute to reflect on your past and prepare to enter a new chapter in your long and storied life. You ponder running out and rustling some cattle right away, but come to your senses and decide that the livestock should be aquired at the last minute: You are not thrilled with the idea of 25 animals standing around for several days waiting to be slaughtered.

Your thoughts turn to the matter of acquiring a familiar. You recall the difficulty you had drawing blood yesterday and decide that feeding a creature for a few days is out of the quest. You had best look through your books and find a spell to make some small undead or trap a mortal soul in an artificial construct.

---

You stand before the mouth of the small cave sweaty and exhausted. You spent all afternoon and night digging out a proper hole to store the terrible objects that you and your new sisters will surely acquire. You consider catching up on your sleep, but decide that relaxation can wait: You have work to do!

You launch yourself into the air and take flight. You can go anywhere, and with your frighting appearance and fiery powers you do and take whatever you damn well please!

---

Begin Act 1!

Act 1 Checklist:
Acquire a potential familiar for each hag. (0/3)
Prepare the offering of maiden. (0/1)
Prepare the offering of treasure. (0/1)
Prepare the offering of livestock. (0/1)
Deal with Celeste's Boyfriend. (0/1)
Deal with Celeste's ex BFF. (0/1)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:25:31 pm by Weirdsound »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 01:38:55 pm »

Celeste: Research a way to transform both your issues into a two-headed familiar. Perhaps a chimaeric rat of some sort?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 01:46:48 pm »

"Dear Celeste, I am one of those spirits that the other two hags have talked about, and it is true. You Will be a hag. Although, it isn't as bad as you think. So, shall we begin?"
For now, you should look into transforming other humans. Into animals.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 01:59:37 pm »

Celeste got a similar suggestion already. Want to edit your post and boss around one of the other hags Ochita?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 02:06:22 pm »

FFFFFine.

"Koral, is it? Well, it is a *pleasure* to meet with you, anyway, lets get down to it.."
Koral: Go into a farm, and loot the place of its meager Loot.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11