Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!  (Read 12488 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Young Coven: A Hag Adventure!
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 04:43:10 pm »

Gold? No, we need to steal a bunch of masterwork dwarven dimondcraft and imbue each one with a soul. Now THAT'S worthy treasure.

That sure is one... special BF you have there Celeste.

((BTW, am I the only one who keeps thinking of Celestia then reading Celestes name? As in, the pony god-princess of day...))

As for the mold insect... What'd be really awesome is the queen of some fearsome hornet kind. Good at fighting, good at flying, for hornets the queens actually ARE more fearsome and being a queen might grant hornet spawning abilities as well. A hornet also good at scare tactics, a source of poison, and eusocial which should interact very well with the hivemind/emotional connection aspects of covens and familars.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 05:24:23 pm »

We certainly should focus on fine crafts, since the weight is set but the value is adjustable. Trouble is, we'll need to be careful trying to amass a horse's weight in exquisite stolen goods. We might even want to make this some sort of extended, more elaborate scheme, rather than just getting it done and moving on.

I'm rather dubious about a dire hornet queen familiar auto-having spawn loyal hornet abilities, and I doubt the eusocial aspect would make them any friendlier/better than being bound by foul magic to the hag's own blood would. I'd lead more towards a giant fuzzy spider, personally- poison, webs, climbing, and cuddling. The ability to fly is certainly a plus, but we'll have magic for that anyway, and I'm not sure how many errands we'll be sending the familiars on solo.

EDIT: Of course, raw gold can always buy priceless works of art (or hire the people to steal them, etc), so that's at least still progress.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:26:01 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 05:44:08 pm »

Are you two proposing actions or just debating?

It would be cool If I could get another turn up tonight. :)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 05:53:57 pm »

Just debating, but I suppose I should throw an action up.

Celeste: Seek out rumors and leads within the city, searching for large cattle and precious objects.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 07:14:14 pm »

Agurtha:

Seek you a man of cloth, servant of storm,
given to sermons of brimstone and fire.
Curse his wrath, from every thought it shall worm.
Bring upon him great punishment and ire,
and with his skull in hand you shall conspire,
to fashion a tool whose spite always strikes true.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 11:37:50 pm »

Koral:

You turn to the recently orphaned child cowering in the corner of the cave. "I go now. I wont kill you yet. You can't go down mountain all be yourself."

You then fly back to the meeting grounds and grab a dead chicken off the dead farmers cart. You begin to tear into it to fill your belly and several minutes later all that is left are the feathers and bones. Refueled you take to the sky once more in search of somebody to rob.

After several minutes you spot a convoy of wagons passing below. You count 15 guards, far to many for you to take without some nasty spell prepared. Having prowled these roads for decades, you know an opportunity lies ahead. You fly foward, following the road until it reaches reaches a bridge across a river. You land in a large bush and wait for the convoy to pass.

Eventually the wagons arrive and begin to cross the bridge, you wait for all but one wagon to cross before you launch a massive stomach draining fireball at the structure, engulfing it in flames and cutting off the last wagon from the rest of the convoy and all but two of the guards. You emerge from the bush with a nasty smile across your face.

"Moral Guards. Meet Death!"
you scream in the most vile voice you can conjure up. A look of fear spreads across the heavily armed humans faces, but they raise their spears and charge you. You answer by igniting the closest of the two, causing him to fall to the ground screaming. The second guard closes the distance before you can whip up a fireball so you decide to take him on hand to hand.

With a single fluid motion you leap away from the humans charge and put out your leg to trip him. He hits the ground and you quickly to grab and throw away his spear before he can get his bearings. You then drop down and wrestle him into submission with your savage strength. Once the guard's strength is completely drained you repeatedly bang his head against a nearby rock until you are sure he is beyond the point of recovery.

You aproach the wagon, taking note of the fact that the driver has taken the opportunity to bolt during the fight. You pull back the cover to examine the treasure only to find a massive metal cage-like framework underneath. Inside the cage are two hulking Orcs and 4 cowering Kobolds.

"Not merchant wagon... you prisoners of war, now prisoners of HAG!" You exclaim as you piece together exactly what you captured.

You sit down on in the middle of the road to ponder the situation. You could make good use of these prisoners souls, but if you keep them around you could set them loose on the humans to cause sweet chaos. You could even forge them new weapons if you felt generous! Regardless you remember you are in the middle of the road and they are on a wagon; and you have no clue how to drive horses. You have no clue how long it would take the wagon driver, or the rest of the convoy up ahead to come back for help.

---
Celeste:

You polymorph yourself into a relatively nondescript looking human girl, one of the forms you commonly take, and hit the nice part of town in search of leads. You search out the town crier and throw a few copper coins at him for some leads.

He informs you of several possible locations where you could get your 'fruit of the earth'
-The kingdom recently won a battle against a combined force of Kobolds and Orcs. The mostly metal gear stripped from the dead and captured enemy soldiers will be auctioned off at the old Archery Range tomorrow.
-During the battle the enemy sank a barge full of dwarven toys and crafts on a nearby lake.
-The crowned prince is taking another wife next week, and forigen governments are sending valuable wedding gifts by the camel-load.

It is not the correct season to be taking cattle to market, but your source is able to think of two potential sources for the offering of livestock.
-An estate just outside of town is preparing to sacrifice their entire herd in attepmt to heal their deathly sick daughter
-At least 40 ennemy bred Wargs are to be sold at the auction. You wonder if war animals would count as livestock...

You return to Stanton's house, which is closer than your own, to grab his shovel and ponder your next move. It seems likely that you will have to enlist the help of another hag to follow up on some of these leads. You find that Stanton has recently baked a loaf of bread, so you use it to replenish yourself before flopping down on his bed for a quick nap.

---
Agurtha:

You wake up to find the spirits have guided your trailer to the outskirts of the local human capitol. You are informed by a spirit speaking in verse that the closest house belongs to Celeste, and that you should harvest the skull and perhaps the soul of a preacher.

You throw on a cloak to mask your frightful appearance and wander through town in search of a church. To your dismay most of the population worships Vindel, some pansy goddess of healing and forgiveness. You are unlikely to find a good old fashioned fire and brimstone priest here. "Curses." Suddenly a man clad in heavy gold plated armor catches your eye.

"Oh... A paladin. He has to worship some lawful brimstone spouting god... Perfect."

You position yourself carefully near the wall of a nearby shop before whipping off your cloak to allow the world to gaze upon your wickedness. "Freeze in your tracks mortals, for I am the hag Agurtha!" You shout "Older than the hills and meaner than the Orcs! Butcher of babbies and raiser of the dead! FEAR ME!"

Predictably enough the Paladin charges after you. You make a big show of running around the corner of the building at full speed before stopping and pressing yourself flat against the wall. As your prey turns the corner and attempts to run by you reach out and grab him, and begin to drain his life.

After 30 seconds he is too aged and weakened to resist so you stop draining and drag him back to your wagon. The crowd nervously parts in your wake.

Once you arrive you quickly capture the now terrified man's soul before draining his body down to the skeleton to obtain it's skull. You then order your home to return to sprout legs and return to it's usual resting place, as at least one of the witnesses had to have been brave enough to follow you.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2011, 12:30:30 am »

Hmm, I was going for something more "Curse of Rage" to fit with her Hex specialty, followed by a descent into madness with some "what have I done?!" thrown in and a vengeful legal system killing the poor distraught sod after his/her reputation had been utterly ruined and the person left a hateful wreck.

I guess if we're short on time the Paladin works too. If the familiar inherits his consciousness we can get some evil out of making him serve our dark machinations.

What kind of element do we want the skull to be enchanted with? I was thinking Lightning or Storm, something besides the usual flaming skull cliche.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2011, 03:20:01 am »

Celeste:
Heal the sickly slyph their daughter be,
Mend her flesh with arts of Hagly sorcery!
And for your price take all their kine,
Cattle to conjure forth a dragon fine!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2011, 11:37:00 am »

Mine was meant as commands, or at least queries directed directly at the hags.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2011, 11:41:40 am »

Well then, make it apparent.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2011, 11:51:15 am »

"Celeste. You must also get a trained parrot, and when the oldest hag comes into town tomorrow, you must give it to her."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:57:59 am by Ochita »
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2011, 11:56:21 am »

How do I play?: This a suggestion driven game with a twist. There are 3 PC hags and each will obey the first reasonable suggestion it receives. A fourmite may only issue a sugestion to one hag a round, so in effect the first three folks to post get their action performed. If there is time in the round after following the first suggestion a Hag will attempt to follow other sugestions in the order received. Some rounds (Most notably the first round) will require a mass vote instead of individual suggestions.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:00:21 pm by Weirdsound »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 11:57:39 am »

Whooooo boy.

Whoops.

Well then, only Celeste then.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 12:06:32 pm »

I just gave instructions to Celeste. Pick a different hag.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2011, 12:07:47 pm »

Hags can have two sugestions. They will attempt to follow them in the order revived however.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11