Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65044 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #960 on: December 27, 2011, 02:37:14 am »

Yeah, that's what I tought. Shame tough, with you by my side it'd up my chances of victories quite a lot. Damn, I'm split between actually doing the jobs of turning things around by convincing everyone else to turn around again, or just putting my army on my navy and kicking Adwarf's ass.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 27, 2011, 02:40:46 am »

Come over whenever you want, I'll still be there.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 27, 2011, 02:50:19 am »

Honestly, I seriously doubt you could resist me... Not tat you could resist Terenos, mind you, but at least you know I'd be there to get you back up one more time.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 28, 2011, 12:23:32 am »

USEC: Who owns 106! We kinda need to know!
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 28, 2011, 05:48:46 pm »

Hey guys. Good luck. Nice looking clusterfuck you have going on it seems. None of that was sarcastic by the way. It looks fun. I have not followed this for a while, am I still rooting for CG?

Probably. As far as I can remember, they haven't committed any atrocities, and your two countries are still happily fighting together against the USSE.

Terenos, stop being a bitch with USEC. You've got no idea how much friggin time it takes to run this kind of game (I know, I did it). I'm honestly surprised he didn't drop it already. Kudos to you USEC.

Well, seeing as I probably could have done the last turn in half the time, I think that Terenos has every right to complain. Hell, I might just complain about it myself.

The complaint isnt the length of time between turns, its the adding more players making it take longer

Drawing from past experience, adding new players doesn't increase the length of turns by significant amounts. Rather, lack of interest and laziness makes the turns take longer. Remember how quickly I could make a turn back in the early days, when we had 10+ players at once?

USEC: Who owns 106! We kinda need to know!

You do. I have no idea why or how it's even in dispute.

It appears that CyberGenesis and Terenos want me to end the game right here and now. Personally, I'm inclined to agree with them at this point. They both have the arms to beat Sheb and anybody else in the game to a bloody pulp. Plus, it took me 2 months to do the last turn, and I have my doubts that I can do this one any quicker. However if anybody wants to PM me reasons why the game should continue, then I'll gladly listen. Though honestly, something spectacular will have to be done to convince me to continue the game.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 28, 2011, 05:56:11 pm »

Orbital Platforms + 2m weapons budget = Orbital Glass'ing Cannons

Woot! It IS rather sad when a player can burn 2m into research and still burn another mill into troops...while sitting on 2m in troops
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:58:23 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 28, 2011, 06:03:50 pm »

Orbital Platforms + 2m weapons budget = Orbital Glass'ing Cannons

That's something that could easily be done in a little aftermath write-up. As it stands, you could simply pour all your money into troops and crush Sheb equally well, though obviously without the same amount of flair.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 28, 2011, 06:05:53 pm »

You cant really compare now, to in the beginning. Considering now theres a lot more going on. I alone am doing probably 2x to 3x what the entire world did in the first few turns.

But yeah, we should end this. I mean, what can they do but dramatically end the world in bioweapons?
I mean, end game writeup is we fix the Pwenet, develop weapons tech like you wouldnt believe and watch the stars in a paranoid way.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 28, 2011, 06:08:56 pm »

I mean, end game writeup is we fix the Pwenet, develop weapons tech like you wouldnt believe and watch the stars in a paranoid way.

That's what I'm planing to do (except for the super weapons tech. It'd leave the follow-up game without any cool weapons to research).

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 28, 2011, 07:41:10 pm »

Well, aside from Gyro Jet weaponry, Plasma weaponry, weaponized teleporters...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 28, 2011, 07:46:32 pm »

Well, aside from Gyro Jet weaponry, Plasma weaponry, weaponized teleporters...
You forgot mini-nukes ..

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 29, 2011, 09:57:19 am »

Well, I agree to end the game is endgame is everybody dying from a weird plague and we have a post-apo world after that. :p

((Yeah, I don't consider myself beaten yet. So I won't concede. Sorry Terenos.))

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 29, 2011, 07:54:35 pm »

Then we can play it out. I can drop my research and build 2m in ships along my coastline, and then come after you. We have the military might, we have the economic might. What can you do to stop my victory? But dont tell me, tell USEC.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 30, 2011, 01:06:57 am »

Actually drop that. You managed to scare USEC into not allowing me to try out new stuff, which means I either need a genius idea or I'm bust. And since I don't have time to seriously play anyway, scratch that. I just don't care anymore.

P.S. Still, this turn's orders is loads of money into bacteriological stuff. Like every single penny I've got. Put it into food xported to adwarf as well.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 30, 2011, 02:20:47 am »

Why would I need your food though? If I need it couldn't I just get it from Terenos?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70