Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65043 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #945 on: December 24, 2011, 09:39:36 pm »

Ah the way wars are always won. The man with the bigger stick wins .. wait that doesn't sound right.

Anywho I am surprised you guys didn't see me betraying you coming to be honest. I mean I was really reluctant to expand, because I feared battle would break out, which didn't matter if I was on your guys team, because I could have stomped the forces Terenos had there.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 24, 2011, 09:48:25 pm »

I had damn good reason to complain about your joining, but seeing as player opinion seems to mean little in that regard - you got to stay. Your joining, as Tere said, only prolonged a game that was over when you appeared. Had you remained neutral and gron stronger - YOU could have dictated the end of the game. Instead you VERY quickly turned on us, being the currently winning side, forcing us to fight you as well.

Who else was i supposed to complain about joining? The rest of the people who were there since day 1? You can be butthurt all you want about my attitude toward your joining the game - it doesn't reflect anything personally about either of us. I also called bull on Shebs game of espionage readding 2 dead players to the game. So get over yourself, seriously. I have an issue with a player joining a nearly ended game, simply to prolong the game. The fact it was you had nothing to do with it, so stop acting like a child about it. Who joined wasnt the issue, it was the concept of giving a FREE advantage to the losing side of a fight we WORKED for.

Yes, i paid you for tech. If you honestly thought i wouldn't share it with an ally, you're an idiot. We knew from the moment you joined there was ZERO chance you'd actually side with us. Our best hope was you'd remain neutral for at least a couple of turns longer, simply to prevent your tech from finding a way into Sheb's hands.  Your fluff was meaningless and you sided with Sheb long before anything came to light about the actual alliance between myself and Terenos. At that point in time we were simply trading techs - not even named ones.

Phantom, Sheb isn't 'nicer' than anyone here. I watched, as a neutral mercenary player in F@W, as he diplomatically created an entire alliance simply fom empty promises and vague threats of death. Tari can attest to the conduct of sheb's niceness being skin-deep. These games have no nice people in them. Nice people are Zerg, BD (I somehow doubt the bioweapons were his idea) and Adwarf - people that die fast because they arent aggressive enough to survive.

You want to hate me, find a good reason. Don't bitch like a child simply because you can't admit your entrance into the game and IMMEDIATE actions thereafter weren't complete bull.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

MajorMurray

• Bay Watcher
  • Feanor, the angriest elf that ever lived.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 25, 2011, 12:23:03 am »

This is sort of my way of clearing the things on my mind. Just some thoughts are clouding it right now. So I'd like to just say them aloud, get them off my mind.

A lot of hate I see in this game between players. Now I understand that me joining in late will delay the ending of said game; but just listen, I'm not siding with Soyuz. I'm not going to join the game then immediately go to war with the other side. I see that siding with him is a stupid decision. I'd just rather do my own thing you know? Besides, Terenos doesn't seem like the man at all Soyuz was telling me he was. I think it's nice that I got to have a fulfilling discussion with Terenos. It sort of opened my eyes. Now Phantom is my friend, but he's not the greatest judge of character. He told me Terenos was just a player who conquers everything he sees, that no one can co-exist with him. Well, that's not true.

So now onto my official stance in the world. I'm neutral. I don't want to be involved with anyone's business. I simply want to be, to exist. And if this game does end, well I have a basis for the next one. If it comes around of course. Perhaps Sacra gets it's own world? Perhaps with the advancements of Artificial Humans we advance ourselves in some meaningful way?

Now directing my attention to Cyber. You seem frustrated. That is all.

Adwarf, you talk a big game. But I expect that you do have something to back it up. We'll talk later, maybe I could give you something beneficial.

Terenos I believe that an alliance could be wonderful for the both of us. But I like my independence. A lot. So as long as we can get along without having to fold into your government, I'm good.

Finally Soyuz, my confused but helpful friend. Listen, keep that treaty with Unity. Just end the game. No need to prolong it at all. Just, don't fight him! Simple. Accept that a war between you guys would weaken us all so much that when and if aliens arrive we will be too weak to fight them. I just don't get why we can't get along.

And that's it. I hope this gave you some insight into my own character. Not character as in a protagonist, but as a person. What I'm made of, how much you can trust me. I look forward to playing with you all.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 25, 2011, 03:23:33 am »

Hey guys. Good luck. Nice looking clusterfuck you have going on it seems. None of that was sarcastic by the way. It looks fun. I have not followed this for a while, am I still rooting for CG?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 25, 2011, 03:39:53 am »

CyberGenesis, I really want to write a long post explaining how being a little whiny bitch won't help you, but I4ve got better things to do (remember those 11 hours of studying/day?) just sayin' that I didn't ask for Phantom OR McMurray to join. And they're not with me.

Terenos, stop being a bitch with USEC. You've got no idea how much friggin time it takes to run this kind of game (I know, I did it). I'm honestly surprised he didn't drop it already. Kudos to you USEC.

Adwarf, you're dead. Even if Terenos doesn't kill you off (He did it once already, and is likely to do it again only to speed up the game by his own admission) I'll do it. It'll sure hasten my downfall (To commit loads of troops far away won't help me crush CG), but I cannot let betraying me become a winning strategy. (Yeah, I'm not that mad against Taricus, because he's insignifiant I just don't care at this point).

Also, it's a fuckin' game people. Relax, even if you loose because the GM suddenly decide that the aliens are in fact USSE patriots from another ships that give massive amount of troops and level 10 techs on me, well, don't play another game of USEC, and enjoy this one while it last.

Remember: loosing is fun!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 25, 2011, 02:02:04 pm »

So..We're not making a deal that ends the wars and having USEC write up a fitting end game post?
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 25, 2011, 03:00:35 pm »

We've actually both run games Sheb - our last one went 6 months. The complaint isnt the length of time between turns, its the adding more players making it take longer

No, you didnt ask for them to join - they just always mysteriously do. Complaint with Murry is less his joining, more his 'invisible' joining. What, does he start with Stealth tech? Cloaking fields? Magic leaves that hide his colonies from ORBITAL SPACE STATIONS?!

Losing the game is fun, losing to made up rulings midway through is not.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 26, 2011, 02:21:33 pm »

Well, it's been kind of a tradition. Like you joined in Fief at War with advantages as well. I must admit I didn't look up the specifics, so maybe he's eben given too much of an edge.

Also, he isn't there to help me. It delays your victory, but apparently he want to side with Terenos anyway. So it's more bonus for you.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 27, 2011, 12:47:01 am »

I didnt join F@W with advantages, i had giant RAGING disadvantages - y'know like an inability to own land. Had no one paid for my services i'd have been dead in a turn. So nice try there!

At this point Sheb, you're 1 against 2.5 actual players. 2 if phantom just sits idle. We have your tech starting next turn, you cant make any progress against your own defensive tech. You don't have the income to fight us both. Even if you burned your entire income into Viral weapons, you'd kill yourself faster than us.

Frankly, just let USEC write up aliens glassing the planet. It would be quicker for everyone, otherwise we get to spend a few weeks dancing on your grave - while you attempt to con everyone else BACK onto your side.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 27, 2011, 01:07:17 am »

Yeah, of course. I do know I still can win tough, you're not the only one who can be a diplomat.

And as I said, at the very least I want adwarf's and Taric's head.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 27, 2011, 01:22:22 am »

Well, I'm offering a fairly reasonable no-penalty loss to everyone Sheb. They either fold into the Unity, or are provided the means to leave and find their own world.
Its the only thing close to victory most of you have access to. Me and CG? We can still win via good old fashioned beatdown.

Cmon, My turn orders have my forces safely blockading Phantom and readying a navy for you. You cant hold us both back, and the remaining powers do not have the capacity to defeat me. Its over. We don't have to play it out.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 27, 2011, 01:24:33 am »

The only odds you have of a real victory Sheb, is with my assistance - and gods know you don't trust me enough

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 27, 2011, 01:37:40 am »

Actually, I may get to the point were I have no way but to trust you CG. But first I'll need to crush you some more. :p

Terenos, your ego IS impressive. But stop thinking you're invicible. Honestly, it's becoming annoying, because now you're like thinking you've got a right to victory. You're a good strategist, but not great at lateral thinking (Look how Artic Fox got killed. :p) I'm sure I can think of stuff you won't think about. Already got a couple written down.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 27, 2011, 01:50:43 am »

Why yes, I do have an incredible ego. It might have come from being the obvious frontrunner, and managing to diplomatically destroy your alliance. I'll probably proceed by isolating every remaining threat and defeating them militarily.

So we'll be playing this out then? Right you are then.

Hey Murray. I would like to purchase Off-Shore Platforms.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 27, 2011, 02:15:40 am »

Oh, there will be no alliance between us any more this game. I want it to end - I'll personally research Orbital Cannons to Glass the planet if i have to.

Thats a nice shot Sheb, but player complaints and a queen with a bigger ego, and even larger dellusions, than Tere could possess are what got the Fox killed. It happens, I'm over it - and enjoying punching down the metagaming.

Phantom is your only option for an ally worth anything against us. Even if i simply go neutral to finish my Core Tap, he can eat you alone. In fact I might just do that, i really want my Core Tap and Orbital Glass Cannons ^.^
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 70