Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65087 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #885 on: November 12, 2011, 03:50:21 am »

I'm all for peace, but there is AGAIN the same trust problem. My side is on the verge of defeat. If we let you build-up, we'll be at a severe troop disadvantage next turn. Plus, it doesn't solve the problem of me wanting CG down.

That's why I like X-COM: no trust needed. Of course, if you can think of another way to enforce peace without putting one of the side at the other's mercy, I'm all for it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 12, 2011, 04:00:20 am »

There isn't, Because me and CG have won. How are BD, Taricus, Adwarf and Phantom going to -stop- my new army? Adwarf is no threat, Taricus is contained, Phantom barely can hit 2 provinces, and BD has no army.
Next turn I build up my wep/def tech and take away whatever advantage you guys might secure this turn, and the turn after that its yet more army.

Its a question of time. Unless bioweapons get thrown down. That throws everything up in the air. But it will still reduce the capability of the world to mount any defense.
And because you guys won't pull the trigger on bioweapons, I'll win militarily.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 12, 2011, 04:04:02 am »

I wouldn't be so sure... Even if we cannot win, we can bring you down with us... Yes we can...

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 12, 2011, 04:12:15 am »

Sure. Its possible. Just incredibly unlikely.

In the grim dark future of this world, there is only war. So ..yeah, BD stop making games and get your turn in.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 12, 2011, 04:14:05 am »

It'd help if you offered us another alternative than being owned by you willingly. :p But yeah, it is "Colonies at War" after all.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 12, 2011, 04:18:25 am »

Theres really not a lot I can offer here, Cause me and CG can win, so why give up as much as is being asked. Why work with you guys when the time I tried I was attacked. Why slow things down when the alien menace may already be in orbit (Cause none of us damn well KNOW)

Plus, in your arrogance, you still think you can beat me. If you can, do so. When things are more even I'm sure I'll entertain better terms of peace.

Far better, and simpler to kill you all and start hunting for aliens myself.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 12, 2011, 04:34:35 am »

Even if I can't win, the aliens can. Dude, I'm not even asking for peace, I'm asking for us to defend ourselves while keeping fighting.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 12, 2011, 05:17:57 am »

It delights me that now you think there's a problem. Now you think that there might be something ready to come down and destroy us.
And I don't care.

Me and CG were the ones saying, lets prepare for an alien invasion. You guys all agreed and struck at us anyways. What changed in all of one turn?
Fear. You didn't manage to do nearly the damage you needed. So now, knowing that you've started something you won't succeed at, you're trying to get me to back off so that what, you can gear up and do it again?
Like hell.

I've got everything I need to win. Stop stalling for time to get your bioweapon vaccine together, or some other weapon you can use to threaten me.
If the aliens kill us all, fine, I tried to stop that from occurring. If you fire your bioweapons and kill us all, so be it.

As i've said there cant be any more diplomacy cause neither side is going to give an inch. Nothings hidden, we can see every piece. So either throw down your bioweapons, or don't. Conventional warfare belongs to the guy with the biggest budget....Oh look that's me.
-----
Tere not being a dick:
Really, as I said many pages ago, there can be no diplomacy. We can keep talking in an empty way but I'm not going to work with you guys, or trust you guys.
We have armies, we're capable of defending ourselves if aliens show up on planet. Probably not well, but it might even give us what we need to actually make peace.

As far as prolonging the game? This is kind of whats annoying me a lot about C@W. USEC is already taking a long time with the updates, hes proly losing his drive to see this game out. And you guys cant even get your turns in in reasonable time, and I know that can't be helpful. I mean I know, you guys have few viable tactical options. And that can push you away from wanting to play the game. But cmon, My turn has way more math and I can still get it posted in a reasonable time frame.
Prolonging the game by siphoning income into a joint project just causes more, unnecessary work. Primarily because we wont be able to officiate its turn without at least a few weeks worth of bickering in this thread.
Its just not going to work.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 12, 2011, 05:23:53 am »

Well, if Bdthemag don't get his turn in, maybe USEC will agree to me writing it up?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 12, 2011, 03:42:09 pm »

Well, if Bdthemag don't get his turn in, maybe USEC will agree to me writing it up?

I've heard from him already, so work on the next turn can actually start now.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 12, 2011, 06:08:09 pm »

Really? Awesome. So..New turn in december? I kid of course. Take your time.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 12, 2011, 06:09:37 pm »

Really? Awesome. So..New turn in december? I kid of course. Take your time.
Hey, it would be quite the christmas present :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 19, 2011, 04:10:38 pm »

Annnnnd its been about a week.

Requesting a status update on the latest turn USEC! If ya don't mind.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 22, 2011, 08:40:25 pm »

Annnnnd its been about a week.

Already? Damn it, time seems to be going faster than it should be.

Meh, I'm (finally) starting on combat. Damn PDF tech. Also I just have to get some clarifications from Taricus's turn. After that it's straight sailing. I'm handling the turns in a different manner, and it seems to be working so far. Trying to do (almost) everything in my head was a bit annoying, to say the least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 23, 2011, 12:49:00 am »

I guess so, managing combat must be a pain in the ass.

Also, I wonder if the PDF will hold or if we'll get raped this turn. Suspense!

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 70