Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65121 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #780 on: October 22, 2011, 11:50:25 pm »

Yeah. I've been running the numbers, your only logical move is to attempt some build up, and launch many instances of the Malicious Virus. Potentially you will also go for Gen 5.

The vaccine seems to be an expensive tech to procure. And I'm moving to lower the power of your bioweapons. So you more or less have to.
This is bad for us all. I'd bet on us seeing an attack from outside within 1-3 turns. But oh well. BURN THE WORLD!
----
My world BD. I'll leave when you're all dead.
----
Further question!
Usec, can we get like, an Orbital production spoiler?. Tech required to build, Price to build, weight? Just so I dont have to keep pestering you about things. I mean I still will, but you'll have a single place to list all the information. Could also list costs for repairing the Pwenet there.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 22, 2011, 11:51:36 pm »

Unless someone invests more money into the virus itself, I doubt you'd have an easy time getting rid of insects acting as carriers.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 23, 2011, 12:04:13 am »

It's amazing how miffed people are getting just over me joining. I didn't intentionally do anything but join.

When I started the first damn forum game, I simply wanted it to be a nice and simple game of fighting.
When I joined THIS, I simply wanted to play Countries At War again.

Sure, I ended up prolonging this, but seeing all the junk you people are pulling just annoys me. Braggarts and firebrands don't especially fit well in my book at all.

Now that we're all about die like, hold on, Snakes, Boars, Turtles, and Chimeras, let's stop freakin' complaining. Geez.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 23, 2011, 12:35:38 am »

Yeah Phantom, I don't care much about you joining. Its mostly the tech influx for my enemies that bothered me. But the one I just got puts victory firmly back in my hands.
There were however, gaps in player understanding that allowed some things to occur. If it was all fair and above board, things wouldnt get changed by the GM. Ergo it was good I brought his attention to things.

Nothing changed. Barring ridiculous luck (Again), me and CG have won. This isn't bragging, this is simple numbers. I do look forward to the fluff about whatever Malicious Virus strains get unleashed!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 23, 2011, 12:39:33 am »

Luck is my specialty.

I mean, really, I got a Gen 4 tech from free research. Or any of us being alive this long.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:52:55 am by Phantom »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 23, 2011, 01:09:17 am »

Well regardless. I'd appreciate if you all got your turns in shortly so we can begin the next month's wait till turn 11.
Though I do understand you all have to spend time discussing your limited options.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 23, 2011, 02:51:58 am »

Actually, I'm spending my time setting up that Aurora game. Shit, this takes time.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 23, 2011, 02:58:42 pm »

Usec, can we get like, an Orbital production spoiler?. Tech required to build, Price to build, weight? Just so I dont have to keep pestering you about things. I mean I still will, but you'll have a single place to list all the information. Could also list costs for repairing the Pwenet there.

Excellent idea. I'll get to it after I run the battles for the rebellions. I'm highly busy today though, so you'll have to wait till Monday. Sorry about that.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 23, 2011, 03:18:23 pm »

Capital. Capital. No rush. Not like this lot will get their turns in anything approaching short order.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 25, 2011, 11:38:27 am »

Remember how I said that I'll run the rebellions on Monday? Neither do I. If you're wondering, yes, they are finally up.

A quick(ish) summary of the battles:
The battle of Heristania was fairly normal. Four laser rifles were killed horribly compaired to only three infantry. Amazingly, adwarf got a string of morale successes, so most of their casualties were healed (3 laser rifles and 1 infantry). Despite having that +25 to morale the First Regiment only survived with two units (a mechanized militia and an APC.).
Taiseliton could easily have gone either way. In the last few rounds a light armour and an infantry were slugging it out, everyone else was dead. Amazing, the infantry got the kill. Once again the rebels managed to get a string of morale successes, ending up with an amazing 6 infantry and 1 laser rifle when only one infantry survived. The Unity still had its string of bad luck, with only an APC surviving (it has damaged early in the battle).
Shebograd was no contest at all. The Nalians had the initative, but they blew it completely. The USSE had to only fight one round to completely destory the 4th Nalian army. They lost two howziters in the fighting, but managed to get on back due to morale. The Nalians had much better morale than the Unity. 3 helicopters and a jet aircraft managed to survive. The rifleman did not.

Orbital Production will be next.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 25, 2011, 11:41:28 am »

HOLY SHIT! :o

With that kind of luck I REALLY don't think the Unity and Tri'nala would survive...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 25, 2011, 12:01:02 pm »

Yeah..You guys have to get lucky every single time. We just have to get lucky once. So all told, I still think we'll win. 100 units coming down next turn after all.

I was mostly caring about the survival of the first Regiment's commander. He is after all, quite good at his job.
-Edit- Altered my turn slightly to make use of this new information.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:45:02 pm by Terenos »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 25, 2011, 02:59:56 pm »

I was mostly caring about the survival of the first Regiment's commander. He is after all, quite good at his job.

He survived. Right now the only thing that can kill commanders is the loss of their entire army.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 26, 2011, 01:29:50 am »

Well with that update to my turn (took a bit of time to argue military strategy with my good friend and ally Cyber..) I believe I can now calmly relax and wait patiently for you lot to get in your turns.

Sheb. Phantom. BD. I trust I wont have to wait 2 weeks this time?
Oh and Taricus? I hope you enjoy the military encirclement.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 26, 2011, 03:51:47 am »

117 units slotted for recruitment this turn...i love it
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 70