Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65120 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #765 on: October 21, 2011, 02:39:43 pm »

adwarf, you were destroyed because 'neutral' to you seems to mean 'assist other people's wars' and failed to conceed absorbtion like JF did - you chose death
Tari, you -quit- rather than be destroyed, only to pull this rebellion WEEKS later to rejoin.
STILL calling bullshit on phantom being allowed to join at the END of the game, simply to prolong the game by helping sheb when he was nearly finished.

Sheb, you had your chance at diplomacy and failed. I made it WELL KNOWN that my turn orders were entirely public, you claiming we were going to attack you anyway is complete and total bull.

Sidenote: My safe production is 19 half tracks and another 20 LRs, and thats only 2/3 of my budget as well. We're beyond the need for research - sheer numbers will overwhelm your piddly forces. You simply dont have the juice. That gives us 100+ units this turn. If i wanted you dead already i WOULD have attacked this turn. We had bigger fish this turn, you flipped us all into the fire - so the world can burn for all i care.

USEC: i didnt change by budet by a missing 350k though. it was maybe 50 since i recall my orders being 150 into bunkers and 100 into defenses, so if only 400/700 was used, where's my other 300k?
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 21, 2011, 02:47:40 pm »

Yes, I did Taricus. For good reason, as it looked suspicious. The -best- deal I'm willing to offer you, is 2 territories a turn freely given up, In exchange for peace, no military build up,and Sheb's techs. To a limit of 8 provinces (over 4 turns). This would make you stronger than you were.

I couldnt give you my techs, as I couldnt trust you wouldnt give them to my enemies. Maybe eventually. But I know that you wont take that deal cause right now you can strike and take 6 without reprisal. Though I reckon that'll change.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 21, 2011, 03:03:25 pm »

Well, I think you might want to gamble here then...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 21, 2011, 03:11:57 pm »

Well next up we can shoot down Phantoms build up due to him not having the manufacturing capability for the army he put together in Svaboda.
His actual manufacturing capability: $129,000 (50k base, 50k Manufacturing, 25k Economy, 4k Logistics)
The manufacturing he did: x5 Laser Rifles, $85,000, x2 Interceptor, $70,000, x1 General, $5,000. For a sum total of $160,000

For future reference, hiring generals does not count towards your manufacturing for a province. After all, you're merely training him, not constructing a super-robot body for him. But yeah, I'll take an Interceptor away from him then.

And we're at 7 total provinces that might have rebelled. 3/7? Reasonable enough for me. But I still contest free laser rifles.

7 is the correct number. Sorry about that.

Furthermore: I take issue with the ability to buy Espionage points and then spend them the same turn. This completely removes the point of CE's -1k to EP's per rank, per turn. As they can simply be bought in sufficient quantity, and used with no issue.

Yeah. I'll add that to the rules then. Honestly I don't like the entire way that EPs are handled. Too complicated and unwieldy. For the next game I'll overhaul the system.

Edit: EVEN BETTER!
I am willing to accept that Brutal suppression drops exact %'s on rebellion to 0. Then its a matter of contesting tech. This means that based on last turn, Sheb cannot succeed(Espionage Tech 2: Volunteer Spies vs My CE 2: Swat Teams) Only Phantom and BD can. Admittedly this might give one of my enemies laser rifles as it would be Phantom's success but yknow what? Still fine with that. Cause it drops total rebellious provinces to 2.

That's probably the best compromise we could come up with. Unless CyberGenesis objects, I'm going to follow your suggestion.

STILL calling bullshit on phantom being allowed to join at the END of the game, simply to prolong the game by helping sheb when he was nearly finished.

Well, it's a bit late now. Voicing your opinions earlier would have been useful.

USEC: i didnt change by budet by a missing 350k though. it was maybe 50 since i recall my orders being 150 into bunkers and 100 into defenses, so if only 400/700 was used, where's my other 300k?

Looks like I somehow gave you $400,000 into Core Tap instead of $700,000. If you did change the amount to $400,000, I'll fix it.

Added the extra techs that Terenos and Cybergenesis got from the ESS Pwenet. 57 will revert to the New Unity, and the number of units in 3 and 54 will depend on how the battles go.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 21, 2011, 03:26:58 pm »

Its probably the best compromise, aye.

And yeah, I think CG's main concern is just where his extra 300k went. Cause if it wasnt spent (due to lacking tech), he should just get it back.. Or it should be accurately placed there as $700k into the tech.

The tech from the Pwenet..Oh..Oh man.. Things just got exceptionally worse for you lads. Sure you dont want to take a surrender option?

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 21, 2011, 03:27:39 pm »

It should be 700k dumped into core

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 21, 2011, 03:31:27 pm »

Oh I'm fine. Don't you worry about it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 21, 2011, 04:30:42 pm »

It should be 700k dumped into core

Excellent. That's what all signs point to. I have no idea why I put down $400,000.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 21, 2011, 04:55:37 pm »

so 700k wasnt worth anything? im assuming with the pwnet databases it might fair a bit better? but really, 3/4m spent on a tech with no gains seems rather sad.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 21, 2011, 05:07:15 pm »

Yeah, well at that point in time your tech wasn't high enough to get anywhere. You are drilling to the core of the planet, after all. But yes, with the techs from the ESS Pwenet you have a better chance of researching that tech.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 21, 2011, 05:16:32 pm »

Keep in mind you've already made some progress towards the tech. It'll likely be a hefty investment either way. I wouldn't worry about it. With our new tech influx, we are more than capable of winning.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 22, 2011, 07:17:12 am »

Well, CG, it's not like you already broke ceasefire twice. Sure, I shouldn't have attacked this turn, but you're in no position to give us lessons. As far as I was concerned, the whole alien thing could have been some bullshit to make us easier to defeat.

You'd have done the same.

Oh, and stop bitching about Phantom joining. It's USEC's standard policy to allow player to join in the later game (Several of them did in the first CaW) Phantom could have been your ally instead of mine. You had your chance at diplomacy and failed.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 22, 2011, 09:51:14 am »

Doesnt matter anymore. Thanks to this shiny tech dump from the Pwenet (which honestly, I would have repaired the vessel to get, and that was my original intention), me and CG cannot be stopped.

Unless that virus gets really lucky. That might kill us. But it'd likely cripple you all too. Fun ahead!

--Edit--
So..when my enemies invariably turn to bioweapons as their one remaining hope of stopping me..Bioweapons cannot kill a faction off , yes?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:28:42 pm by Terenos »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 22, 2011, 11:45:47 pm »

Um no actually he couldn't have been our ally: Despite the lies and BS in his 'fluff' for the faction about being against YOU in particular. Every word out of his mouth was that we should all join YOU and take out Terenos. Well im personally not a fan of a good ol fashion gang-rape. My biggest complaint isnt his joining, it's his joining INTENTIONALLY to prolong a game that should have been over by now. His addition, mostly his tech, is the only reason you're still alive Sheb.

On a better note, You can proceed to burn the planet now - cause we know you are. You have no choice not to. We however, have an out.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 22, 2011, 11:47:51 pm »

Or alternatively, you coud both fly up and away from this planet and go somewhere else. We then could keep the planet that may or may not get attacked by aliens.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 70