Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65142 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #690 on: September 28, 2011, 05:42:23 pm »

..Yeah BD, thats gonna require me to slightly edit my turn in order to match your research.

I don't want you to have the keys to both destroy the world, and protect yourself from said destruction. What stops you from firing your tech every turn till you win?
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 28, 2011, 05:43:10 pm »

..Yeah BD, thats gonna require me to slightly edit my turn in order to match your research.

I don't want you to have the keys to both destroy the world, and protect yourself from said destruction. What stops you from firing your tech every turn till you win?
Because I have to launch it from my own territory, and it could go towards me, you, or anyone really. Too risky, i'll probally distrubute the vaccine if there is an actual threat.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 28, 2011, 05:46:06 pm »

Honestly, he has more of a chance to kill me than you with it.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 28, 2011, 05:49:40 pm »

As USEC said, theres a pretty even chance of it hitting everyone, borders or not. Speaking as the party most likely to suffer, I'm against this. As such i'm going to have to take steps to protect myself.

Yes understandably theres no guarantee your vaccines will work. And they'll likely be quite pricey. But its still a risk I, at this point, am unwilling to take.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 28, 2011, 05:58:33 pm »

I was honestly never planning to use the viruses, to tell you the truth I intended to research computer viruses. But USEC misinterpreted me, and thought I meant biological viruses.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 28, 2011, 06:05:07 pm »

Well, with the exception of using it to cripple large powers, I don't see its use.

Any attackers from space are likely going to orbitally bombard the planet to remove us. Though they may employ bioweapons to remove the people and leave our machinery intact. So we cant use it against them. They proly wont set foot on the planet while we're still here.
IF, they dont have the tech/weapons to do so, and IF they do land, they probably have plenty of advances in weapons/armor tech over us, so we'll be fighting a rearguard action to slow them down. While we desperately attempt to regain parity of some kind.

So Bioweapons are..really not that valuable. A cure against them/means to fight them, is at least potentially valuable. But in your hands I'm a little untrusting.

You should also colonize 25, 33 and 38 BD. More research budget for you. Seriously. Otherwise I have to, just to get that income into the hands of someone, so it can be used to figure out whats happening up there.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 28, 2011, 06:08:13 pm »

You know, if it IS aliens, I can only fear what happened to the USSE back on Earth.

Perhaps we should have a contingency plan in case of defeat by Aliens?

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 29, 2011, 08:48:01 pm »

Defeat by aliens? Planetary annihilation

BD holds the toys to wipe out life, Terenos and I can rig something to blow the rock at least to the point it'd be unusable without terraforming.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 04, 2011, 06:19:24 pm »

Well Sheb, I am okay with your turn. The troop build up doesn't bother me. Nor does the weapons research.

I'm going for Defensive tech because I have the best shot of pushing it upwards (ridiculously good rolls by Phantom notwithstanding). And in the event of a landing  by alien forces, we'll need better tech than we have.
So next turn we'll have more intel on things and move from there. Besides with superior weapon technology we'll be able to devise a much better weapon system to fire into space, assuming you get it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 04, 2011, 06:28:36 pm »

(ridiculously good rolls by Phantom notwithstanding).

I'm just going to say this now, but I swear I did absolutely no fudging in Phantom's favour for next turn. Just letting it now, so that nobody complains. (If you're wondering, the RNG gave him a 7. Out of 100.)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 11, 2011, 01:53:21 pm »

*nudges the thread*
So USEC, Hows the turn coming?

And Sheb you really should finish up your troop movements.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 11, 2011, 02:54:19 pm »

So USEC, Hows the turn coming?

Needless to say, I'm working on it. Just waiting for:
A. Sheb to finish his troop movements.
B. A good chunk of time to type it up.

I'll see how my week goes, but I'm guessing that I'll have the turn ready for Saturday. Hopefully I'll have it ready by Thursday or Friday, but I'm not too confident about that. Hopefully I won't have too many turns to write up after this one. The game might stretch out till turn 20, but I really doubt it.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 16, 2011, 10:09:25 am »

Sheb, with the exception of CG's attack into 97 (which is just to solidify his holdings) hes not attacking you. He announced this openly during his turn, and hasnt changed anything.

I can understand his reasoning, and I'll see if I can't talk him into surrendering a border province to you, in order to maintain the current division of land on the main continent. Or just get him to stop, provided you dont build up in 97. The purpose of the ceasefire being to stop us all from killing each other off/building up to a point where war is inevitable again. If you build up in 97, he has to go for it. In order to prevent you from having that staging point.

I'd suggest we leave any shuffling of our actions till next turn, and I'll spot you $100k for your lost province (97) next turn Sheb. Just to keep everyone more or less happy.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 16, 2011, 10:21:53 am »

I actually though of that, and I already stopped the build-up in 97. Now, I'd really like another province, and a way to get my troops out. Surely there is no need to fight needlessy?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 16, 2011, 10:30:20 am »

There certainly is no need to fight. Although its only a militia, we can always have you give up the province in exchange for safe passage. That way theres no potential PDF losses for CG, and you keep the militia. On the other hand, it is only a militia, and CG's army thats hitting it shouldnt lose anything to the PDF.
Its only a militia ..$10,000 value isnt too big a deal.

I'd suggest Province 94 changes hands, as its the closest border province, in income to 97. And next turn I'll cover a $100,000 payment so this doesn't grow out of proportion (next turn so USEC doesnt have to alter more turn data).
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 70