Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65032 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #645 on: September 21, 2011, 01:03:20 am »

What, you don't know the other meaning of solace? Or are you just messing with me?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 21, 2011, 02:02:01 am »

Terenos, they joined us before the bombing. It wasn't fear, it was mostly buy-off with techs and money. Over here, it's clearly fear. Joining the Worild Unity could be an option, but it isn't. You know why? Because I treated my fellow CIS members as allies, you'd treat us as slaves.

Offer us correct terms, and we would be more than happy to join in a Unity.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 21, 2011, 03:26:43 am »

Democratic Feudalism - You can continue leading your little faction, or they can vote for a new leader if they hate you

I'm keeping mine. We have a nice arrangement going.

You ask us to give you a fair offer, yet you're pouring gasoline on the entire planet and letting a small child play with matches...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:34:20 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 21, 2011, 03:55:23 am »

When the alterntative is going to the cremation chambers, pouring gasoline is a good idea. If you burn me, you'll burn as well.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 21, 2011, 09:09:02 am »

Most of us don't have an accurate economics count. He also forgot the Wasteland features for me and Cyber, in the provinces we attacked.

Added them (finally). The -10,000 in Yeel, Aswan etc. are due to the wasteland features. Once I (finally) update the geographical map I'll remove them. Until then they'll be there to remind you. I'll also be working on the teir 4 troops today, so hopefully they'll be up today as well.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 21, 2011, 01:59:34 pm »

*cough* 10k?

For instance, the wasteland feature reduces the income of a province by $5,000. Generally, a province can contain only one natural feature and one man-made feature. However, some features (like wasteland) can appear in a province more than once.

When the alterntative is going to the cremation chambers, pouring gasoline is a good idea. If you burn me, you'll burn as well.

it's really not the alternative for you. Concede total leadership to Terenos, and stay a Feudal lord. Simple math really. Otherwise, continue with your suicide
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:01:57 pm by CyberGenesis »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 21, 2011, 02:01:46 pm »

What terms could I offer now?
You are all so convinced of the power of BD's tech, that unless I cripple myself, and give you guys new allies, it wont be 'enough.' And even if I do, the threat of a bio-weapon based end to my faction only grows with every turn I allow anyone to have that tech, strengthen it, develop means to deploy it, so on.

And then what? You and yours claim a victory. A victory that is mine and Cybers. We've outmanuevered you. We have the means to end you, its only a matter of time. Why would we give that up, or give our opposition time to develop the means to just wipe us out?

At best it comes down to the necessary end of a perceived tyrant. At worst its burning the world down because you can't stand to see me win. Oh, and ask JF how I treated him, and ask Cyber how I'm treating him. Even BD with no army, was safe from my conquests till he started threatening me.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 21, 2011, 02:24:19 pm »

Well, if you want to realize that New Unity of yours, let's do it. As equal. Let's merge all of our lands, agree to a political system that protect's every people's right and call it a day.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 21, 2011, 02:25:16 pm »

*cough* 10k?

Right. Sorry about that. I remembered wavering between $5,000 and $10,000 when I was writing the rules. Obviously I came down on the $10,000 side this time.

EDIT: Fixed.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 21, 2011, 03:17:00 pm »

Things still stand at the same point. I deal, or someone presses the button that ends the world.

And I won't give up as much as is asked. So light the fire. I'll extinguish it.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 21, 2011, 03:19:29 pm »

Of course, what else do we have that we can use as bargaining chips?

But this at least have the merit of putting thing clear: you're not ready to give up world domination.

Well, with this, I think diplomacy's time is over. May the best immune system win.

P.S. Since my leader is technically an undead, he cannot die from viruses, right?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 21, 2011, 03:20:34 pm »

Threatening you? You demanded me to surrender my nation to your's, I take that as a threat. Hell, I was even planning to help you out if you gave me fair terms. We didn't start the fire Terenos, you did.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 21, 2011, 03:23:33 pm »

Everyone, silence. We'll decide who's right or wrong when what transpires is done.

Also, Bd, don't reenact The Hot Zone during it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 21, 2011, 03:28:32 pm »

P.S. Since my leader is technically an undead, he cannot die from viruses, right?

Yep. So far the only thing that can kill leaders is plot/RP. Not even old age slows them down.

We didn't start the fire.

So Terenos is Conservative scum?[/joke]

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 21, 2011, 03:39:17 pm »

Surrender doesnt mean -die- BD, just to stop being a wanker. Your stance is death rather than slavery - there's no slavery with Terenos' plan. You said yourself you don't want to live under Sheb, yet you're still giving him what he wants?

I do love how Phantom ignored my statement earlier about showing up (with USEC's correction) half a century after the rest of us and immediately starts demanding surrenders all around on Sheb's behalf. The sheer audacity of this basically ensures Phantom's death.

Sheb continues to ignore the simple fact that Unity doesn't mean his demise, and would rather allow the burning of the world.

To put this entirely in better terms: This is currently the 60s, the Cold War. BD is cuba to Sheb's USSR(gee, imagine that). Terenos and I make up the US in this situation. The arms race -will- be won by us, but BD is threatening to fire and cause M.A.D.

The problem here is that you all think we don't have an out...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 70