Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65014 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #630 on: September 19, 2011, 11:45:42 pm »

They're delayed.

Well, we can totally spare the cash to transform our defeat into a collective one.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 20, 2011, 12:00:25 am »

Taking solace at the hands of our betters, there is no ignominy in that.

But I believe we have not seen our betters yet.

Certainly not on this forsaken world, all we have seen were deluded tyrants, criminals and treacherous scum trying to burn the world in the Fires of Damnation. Even if we're engulfed, at least expect the offender's fingers to be burned by the fire itself.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 20, 2011, 01:30:50 pm »

Sheb runs a faction based on the government being a bunch of tools, and i'm an asshole for not holding to a treaty (twice). ok the SECOND time makes me an ass, but really?

BD himself says he doesn't want to be Sheb's bitch, yet will burn the planet to prevent this - killing every living thing and/or innocent person on it to do so.

Terenos' entire gameplan is the Unification of the peoples from the Pwnet - by pen or sword. "We're too far from home to allow egos to destroy us all on an alien world"

YOU, however, Phantom have landed basically a QUARTER CENTURY after the rest of us and immediately started posturing and threatening...
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 20, 2011, 02:42:19 pm »

You're not an asshole, you're just machiavelic (which I respect), and pretty dumb on this one (for not waiting a couple more turns).

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 20, 2011, 02:52:34 pm »

Everything I've done, I've done to unify the planet. You oppose this..Why? Because in the end I'll be the one in charge?

I don't want to fight. I struck out to prevent myself from being removed. It was a valid suspicion at the time. And momentum carried me forward to put me in a place where I could enforce my vision. The end goal, is a world at peace. If there's no one left to fight, that works too. It's just a much sadder end.

I am willing to deal. But keep in mind theres no reason for me to do so. Without Cyber, and the Tri'nalians, there's no hope of victory against me.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 20, 2011, 03:00:13 pm »

Getting a United Word through diplomacy could have been possible, but you didn't even try. You are striving for a single thing, world domination.

If you're serious about peace, we can talk. The USSE was after all the political entity that brought humanity into one fold, and saved it by bringing it there. We do not oppose a further alliance. Just not as your puppet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 20, 2011, 03:02:12 pm »

YOU, however, Phantom have landed basically a QUARTER CENTURY after the rest of us and immediately started posturing and threatening...

For reference, it's closer to half a century. Much closer.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 20, 2011, 03:48:43 pm »

Domination seems to be the only path to take. With posturing by the newcomer, threats by the nation to my south, and one who can only be called a butcher to my east..

I am pushing for everyone to surrender because I will win militarily. All you can do is drag this out. I'm not aiming for diplomacy because I don't trust any of you. Or should we ask the fates of the New Roman Empire on Earth, or the Imperecedero Imperio? Or any of the countless countries conquered and oppressed by the Imperialist Bastards, or the United Empire? Brainwashing and War were the tools of the last world spanning empire. The only diplomacy that was conducted was effectively what I'm doing now. "We're too big to fight. Just join up."
Those who felt otherwise, were smashed.

We can fight. And when the dust settles, I'll have won.
War begets more war. The only way to end this cycle is to remove the threat of war. Bio-weapons and posturing do not remove the threat of war.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 20, 2011, 03:53:00 pm »

You forget that basically the whole world was united against the Imperio. Together with the Imperialists and United Empires, several minor nations were also allied with us.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 20, 2011, 04:11:16 pm »

So they were. But be honest, was there any means to militarily win against the combined empires of you and Demonic spoon? I highly doubt that. Possibly if everyone had struck after the bombing. But no one fought, save V-Norrec.

And you're doing the same thing here. Fear motivated them not to fight you then, And what, fear will motivate them to attack me now? The only difference is that I wont be brought down. The military strength that does not currently work with me, is insufficient.

Only a few paths left. Join the World Unity, be forced to join when I've militarily destroyed you, Or roll the dice with a huge cash dump into the Malicious Virus tech.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 20, 2011, 05:14:19 pm »

By the way, USEC, shouldn't I be getting $125,000 from Advanced Theory? I mean, I do have 5 provinces.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 20, 2011, 05:20:32 pm »

Most of us don't have an accurate economics count. He also forgot the Wasteland features for me and Cyber, in the provinces we attacked.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 20, 2011, 11:52:00 pm »

I had 4 wastelands - balanced by my boreholes
-was also short some provs, but meh

And if you wanna nit-pick your own info there phantom - try recounting your manufacturing ability vs actual output ;)

Sheb, as i said, there was no sense to wait at all. Sure to get more out of you, but i dont need more - what i need is for you to not kill Terenos in that amount of time. Which wasn't going to happen if i didn't hit you now.

1 turn, 1 single turn is all i can honestly justify having waited.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 20, 2011, 11:59:47 pm »

SSSH.
Aaaanyway, lazors. One more thing to take solace in when the day comes.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 21, 2011, 12:50:17 am »

What day? What solace?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 70