Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 64976 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #570 on: September 18, 2011, 08:49:05 pm »

*Whistles idly and tallies up tax reports* Hmmm.. $2,400,000 this turn to spend. +50,000 research!

Sure about that Phantom? Well alright.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 18, 2011, 08:53:11 pm »

Look, I just don't want to be ruled under such an unforgiving 'unity'.

Hell, I'd rather become a territory of the USSE, they at least share the same ideals and aren't as ruthless.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 18, 2011, 09:15:09 pm »

Bullshit Cyber? I don't think so, look under my named technology. There is one censored technology, that does not require rolls against troops. It is deadly, and it spreads all over. It will destroy entire armies if I prepare it succesfully, and it will destroy the populace.

Considering the vast potential of this technology, you people should be alot more civilized about this whole discussion.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 18, 2011, 09:26:38 pm »

So...Basically, We deal with you, or everything dies?
Hmmm. I'm going to need a contingency plan for this.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 18, 2011, 09:28:21 pm »

So...Basically, We deal with you, or everything dies?
Hmmm. I'm going to need a contingency plan for this.
Well basically select people will die, i'll probally die in the process but it'll allow other countries that I approve of to win.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:58:08 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 18, 2011, 11:28:39 pm »

WEll theres a few errors across the turns. Most notably, theres the province tallies for econ, as mentioned.
Shebs missing a few techs in his update. Notably his econ tech *Grumble*
Effective Light-Based Communications (4) Me
Signalling: Rapid Communications (4) Sheb.
So one of those is wrong. Or maybe both. I dont know. Um..Oh! And you still havent updated Roronto to be its proper value of $55,000, given I have a shiny shiny power plant there. Thats all that I noticed on my cursory examination.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 19, 2011, 12:46:46 am »

Bullshit Cyber? I don't think so, look under my named technology. There is one censored technology, that does not require rolls against troops. It is deadly, and it spreads all over. It will destroy entire armies if I prepare it succesfully, and it will destroy the populace.

Considering the vast potential of this technology, you people should be alot more civilized about this whole discussion.

Exactly my point, you have censored tech. Since when is 'hiding' tech an option?

Look, I just don't want to be ruled under such an unforgiving 'unity'.

Hell, I'd rather become a territory of the USSE, they at least share the same ideals and aren't as ruthless.

Unforgiving? He seems very forgiving. I fail to see how there hasn't been arrangements made for the Unity
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:48:35 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 19, 2011, 12:50:46 am »

FEUDALISM IS EVIL, I TELLS YA.

Now, if you mind, Soyuz needs to be properly prepared for invasion.

Also, USEC, what magical Tier 4 units do I get?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:52:37 am by Phantom »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 19, 2011, 12:52:54 am »

What Feudalism? I have autonomous rights to my half of the planet

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 19, 2011, 12:59:49 am »

Well my nation is governed by a system of democratic feudalism.
Indeed you damn well better, Phantom.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 19, 2011, 08:09:02 am »

WEll theres a few errors across the turns. Most notably, theres the province tallies for econ, as mentioned.
Shebs missing a few techs in his update. Notably his econ tech *Grumble*
Effective Light-Based Communications (4) Me
Signalling: Rapid Communications (4) Sheb.
So one of those is wrong. Or maybe both. I dont know. Um..Oh! And you still havent updated Roronto to be its proper value of $55,000, given I have a shiny shiny power plant there. Thats all that I noticed on my cursory examination.

Also, USEC, what magical Tier 4 units do I get?

I'll work on these tomorrow. My day is packed right now.

Exactly my point, you have censored tech. Since when is 'hiding' tech an option?

Since I forgot my rule against hiding tech. (Though honestly Bdthemag's tech is really easy to hide, unlike brutal suppression or any other named techs).

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 19, 2011, 11:58:33 am »

Well, Cyber, I am disappointed in you. Not that I trusted you or anything, you'd sell your parents to get you closer to victory, but seriously, NOW? Waiting a couple more turn would have left you backstab me in a much more efficient way (I'd have moved those garrisons units as the war went on), plus you'd probably have gotten some more techs. Now it's pretty evident Terenos' going to overrun all of us.

Now, I'm not entirely decided wheter I should surrender to Terenos to punish you from your poor timing or fight. Nah, just kidding, figting is funnier. But I really do not know whether I should try to hurt you as much as possible or try to fight back Terenos.

Anyway, no matter what is decided, we, the three remaining powers, need unity now, and the real kind, not the autocratic ersatz served by that dictator.

So you'll get a tech package of everything I have. I'm expecting you to return the favor. Bdthemag, I'd like you to tell me more about that secret tech of yours. If it's worth it, I can hand you up to 1,000,000$ to kickstart it. Apart from that, we need troops. As many of them that we can recruit on non-border provinces. Ask me if you need more cash.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 19, 2011, 02:21:33 pm »

Well, Cyber, I am disappointed in you. Not that I trusted you or anything, you'd sell your parents to get you closer to victory, but seriously, NOW? Waiting a couple more turn would have left you backstab me in a much more efficient way (I'd have moved those garrisons units as the war went on), plus you'd probably have gotten some more techs. Now it's pretty evident Terenos' going to overrun all of us.

If i had waited, you'd have possibly crippled Terenos. Doing this now assures that at a minimum - you die. BD may have some super tech to kill the world, but thats ok.

IC political aspirations however lean toward an alliance with the Unity. When this game ends there will be an epic post from us - which we've already written - on what our respective sides will do after unifying the planet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 19, 2011, 02:34:59 pm »

Well, I guess I never had any luck in this game. First you and Cript, then Terenos. If all the good players wants my skin, I guess I'm toast. Still, I'll put up quite a fight. The Unity-Nalans coalition may prevail, but there will be more Unity than Nala in it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 19, 2011, 03:07:43 pm »

Heh. Was never about luck Sheb. It was always about the way you manuevered.
The way I see it (and Cyber too, we did discuss it at length): Your starting area made you incredibly dangerous, as grassland is easy to colonize. You also divvied things up so you'd have the majority of the easy to colonize places (forests and grassland) and gave the rest of the desert and tundra to Cript and Cyber. Had I been over there I would have done exactly the same thing they did, and come after you.
You pushed them into a place where they'd either take a back seat to you, or be forced into an early, possibly game ending war. I tried to hint towards a possible solution, with you providing the colonization tech they needed, but it was too late(And you didnt stick to the proposed arrangement).

They only ever wanted power enough not to have to serve you permanently. Provide people with a poor choice, they will often move just to spite you. Provide them with strength and thus options and maybe you can convince them to work with you, or at least be neutral.

Besides. You've got Phantom, and his ridiculously amazingly priced Gen 4. That ought to hold you guys over for at least a few turns.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70