Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 64959 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #555 on: September 18, 2011, 06:35:57 pm »

Ummmm ..... why am I not in the game ?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 18, 2011, 06:37:04 pm »

Because I ended you. You were weak, and thus easily conquered. No defense, No navy.
One swift strike to prevent you from joining with my enemies. Ssh, Sleep now. Its better this way.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 18, 2011, 06:38:13 pm »

Oh .... oh well.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 18, 2011, 06:39:46 pm »

Terenos, I thought you weren't going to invade Seportia? I assumed we were going to be allies, I planned on posing no threat to you. I was even planning on sharing my classified tech with you, but apparently you just want to destroy everything. I for one do not want to be ruled by a tyrannical dictator.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 18, 2011, 06:41:34 pm »

..You're quite honestly kidding me. I put 180k into Education, worth 1 level. 10k a damn turn in effective value.

... Education? I don't have you down for researching education. Also, the costs of moving up the ranks for each tech increases the higher you go. 180k is enough to move up one rank, possibly two.

Stack the deck higher. I'll still win.

I'm totally not stacking the deck.  :P (To be fair, Sheb/DemonicSpoon faced the same thing when they formed the USSE.)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 18, 2011, 06:46:05 pm »

I mean many turns ago. when I went to my current rank of education and said 'Bugger this' to myself.
Won't save them. I'll still win now.

And BD, I'm more asking you to join up now. Look at it this way, I can remove you in a few turns.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 18, 2011, 06:46:44 pm »

I mean many turns ago. when I went to my current rank of education and said 'Bugger this' to myself.

Ah. Though to be fair, 180k is hardly breaking your budget (Education could be better though).

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 18, 2011, 06:48:26 pm »

And BD, I'm more asking you to join up now. Look at it this way, I can remove you in a few turns.
Hm, depends on the terms of the deal really. And i'd like to bring to your attention that I could also put a dent in your nation rather quickly too.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 18, 2011, 06:51:57 pm »

Tis fine. I'll gripe and still win this. Cause who can stop me now?

Welll the terms of the deal are, effectively, you act as an autonomous part of the World Unity after its creation. Story wise you'd probably head the research department.. You do seem fairly focused on research. Pushing the boundaries of everything every turn, till Phantom showed.
You can remain a free nation until the end if you choose. Yknow, if you suspect that I'll somehow fail to claim victory. But doing anything to threaten me? That would probably not go over well.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 18, 2011, 06:53:25 pm »

Tis fine. I'll gripe and still win this. Cause who can stop me now?

Welll the terms of the deal are, effectively, you act as an autonomous part of the World Unity after its creation. Story wise you'd probably head the research department.. You do seem fairly focused on research. Pushing the boundaries of everything every turn, till Phantom showed.
You can remain a free nation until the end if you choose. Yknow, if you suspect that I'll somehow fail to claim victory. But doing anything to threaten me? That would probably not go over well.
I'll think about it. And im not trying to threaten you, im just bringing to attention that I have a tech that could possibly be of great use to whoever is allied with me.
Welcome to Reality.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 18, 2011, 06:55:44 pm »

Anyone who didn't see the fact that adwarf was going to die in one turn must be blind.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 18, 2011, 07:24:13 pm »

Oh and i'd just like to note if my project is succesful, I can't stop it. Once I activate it, there's no going back.
Welcome to Reality.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 18, 2011, 08:21:37 pm »

Seportia, Soyuz, I call for your immediate and unconditional surrender to the World Unity Project. As evidenced, The Tri'nalians are working with me. Yield, I will spare your lives.

I dont see myself working with you...just against Sheb...theres a difference!

Everyone probably needs to recount their economics income by province count :P Mines about 5 off atm

But honestly, 60k for a 3-4 military tech? thats gotta be what, like a 5-10% chance of success that high? I've dumped 200k before and not gotten 1-2 or 2-3 (cant remember at this point)

Oh and i'd just like to note if my project is succesful, I can't stop it. Once I activate it, there's no going back.

You also realize that if w/e you have is that destructive A) I call bullshit on the 'classified' turn report since all of our named techs have been public, B) you'll have to eat half a dozen rolls against
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:37:22 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 18, 2011, 08:44:42 pm »

You are calling OUR surrender?
My boy, I'd simply like independence. Not a rule under such distasteful government.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:48:29 pm by Phantom »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 18, 2011, 08:46:04 pm »

Well, the chance of success could be lowered with the more provinces you get Ala EUIII...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70