Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65045 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #930 on: December 22, 2011, 07:16:11 pm »

Yes sheb, because an infinite supply of defensive units isnt OP at all. You can sit and cockblock an invasion forever, never costing you a dime of income, production or units

Thats always been my complaint about it, less so the power (although still ridiculous) it litterally DOESNT COST ANYTHING. Losing PDF should lower your income or something for a short time. You shouldnt have an endless supply of units to defend with.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 22, 2011, 10:59:46 pm »

Aces up your sleeve? Why whatever could those be?
Oh right, I already know what they are.
Pray tell, would you like to explain to me what they are?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 22, 2011, 11:03:53 pm »

Pray tell, Who is Murray?

2 Islands isnt much, even with whatever Econ research you folks have. A strike force to hit my east west seaboard? Risky.. Risky.
I suppose the ICBM's will help though. But not much.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 11:07:19 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 22, 2011, 11:12:47 pm »

Well then.

All members of the USSE-Seportian-Soyuz alliance, up to the stands.

We have a mole, and until he is caught with enough evidence, I am afraid I will have to cut off all ties.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 23, 2011, 12:18:06 am »

Lols...mole

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 23, 2011, 01:22:51 am »

So heres how it stands boys.

R.U.N.

Your alliance is shattered. If not by my deeds, then by the lack of trust that follows.
5 stand against me, Seportia, Soyuz, Ligoria, the Kingdom, and the USSE.
Only Soyuz ate Seportia. So 1 falls down.
Ligoria cut a deal, shared information in order to preserve himself, and gets his lands back. 2 fall down.
Adwarf cut the same deal. Preservation, the return of his lands, and on my side. 3 fall down.

SeportiaSoyuz because he cant trust anyone anymore, has accepted my deal of being provided the means to leave. So long as he returns Holy Hills, and brings no more war. That makes 4.

And your secret ally Murray, well, he saw the light and decided I am far too dangerous to fight.

So you stand alone Sheb. Alone, and I've just freed up my entire army. So lets cut a deal. This turn was 2 months in the making, and we have the means to end it now.

Edit- I dont know what you're talking about >.> <.<.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 02:15:01 am by Terenos »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 23, 2011, 02:02:44 am »

Don'cha mean Soyuz? I mean, I DID eat Seportia, and now it can't really leave.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 23, 2011, 02:49:20 am »

Sorry guys, I just took the path that assured my survival, and victory. I choose the winning side, and I am the mole (Or one of them)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 23, 2011, 03:52:25 pm »

Adwarf. I'm sorry, but I'll have you nuked.

Terenos, I agree to whatever your terms are, but I want adwarf's head on a silver dish. And Taricus'.

As for the PDF costing nothing... Well, that was the point. Delaying any attacks for free so I can focus on offense. You should have argued with it from the beginning. After all, you've got your own overpowered tech in brutal suppression, that block any espionage for the cost of 1 militia every 4 province or so. If the PDF is nerfed, I want brutal suppression to be nerfed as well. It should need a unit in every province AND cost something (altough a low amount). Brutally suppressing a province without any soldiers in it and without causing destruction seems weird.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 23, 2011, 04:46:22 pm »

Anope. I have no reason to destroy them again. And since I have the power to burn you off the rock.. These are the terms:

Everyone who wants to leave, gets orbital spaceflight, space elevators and my orbital shipyard designs. And you can bend your entire industry towards building a ship that can find your own rock.

I, for my part, will work on better weapons and defense tech to be installed on these ships, so that, in the event of aliens, our ships wont get torn up again.
But this spinning rock belongs to me, and anyone who wishes to remain in the World Unity Coalition. We can fight it out, but I will, eventually, grind everyone down who doesn't work with me.
---
And I'd be fine with a nerf to brutal suppression(Primarily because I keep a garrison most places anyways). Honestly a fair few of our named techs were very powerful to begin with.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 24, 2011, 12:26:00 am »

No, Suppression requires a unit in every territory to prevent esp. But all it removes is the base ETHNIC advantage, ESP research > esp defense still succeeds. It's not that powerful

Distributed Manufacturing? Ok i'll give you that one. Problem with it is that i need logistics research simply to cut my losses. Which i can never have 100% conversion to begin with. So i'm always taking a loss. So yes, i can recruit 23 laser half tracks in 1 province - thats still less than i could recruit without distrib. I only wanted it for the buffer zone in case of attack.

Conscription? Not ours, that was JF - A bit OP to be honest, but it also has a modifier tech.

PDF? No, -completely- free. Income is the only thing that modifies it AND you made a research to add econ gains to it. Where's your cash sink to increase the ability? Where's there downfall? You get 10-11 FREE units in a capital province. No cost at all. Simply killing large swaths of your peasantry should have some effect. Worst he did was make it logical. Why are civilians being armed with ridiculous weaponry that some of your army simply doesnt get due to not upgrading? So no, you got the better deal.

Not that any of this truly matters anymore - game is over. Survival is an amazing bargaining tool. What's worse is that you paid for their return. It took 1 turn to remind them why they were dead to begin with, and how easy it was to make them that way again.

Secret players? I call BS on that to USEC for allowing it. No warning, no reason. Adding a new player not only this late in the game, but HIDDEN as well. None of us had an option to start hidden. Once again - Adding a player ENTIRELY to help one side. So thats 2 players AND a tech dump (databanks that magically landed deep in your territory) given to you Sheb. I find our win to be dirty - but fair given the ridiculous advantages you've been handed.

Phantom joined (with ridiculous tech advantages) under 'fluff' text of how he hated you, then joins you the next turn.
Murray was set to be added, with buffered tech/weapons (again), simply to attempt to kill us.
You had entire factions reinstated simply to screw us (I would have preferred the provinces been yours, not having players readded)

So yeah, turning your people against you? Dirty move, but one deserved.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 24, 2011, 02:38:35 pm »

I didn't say hate, it was a mere dislike. Besides, you're goddamn CG, and Terenos is a prideful egotistical bastard. I preferred the side with somewhat NICER people.

But that's gone now, I pulled out of the alliance. The only opposing faction is Sheb's.

Meanwhile, my weekly insane relieve stress laugh.
Hah.
HAH.
AHAH, HAHAHAHAHAHA, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 24, 2011, 03:09:55 pm »

What does me being me mean you have to be all butthurt in IRC that i was there? What did i ever do to you?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 24, 2011, 03:40:38 pm »

You kept complaining about just ME joining, in addition to a few other things, not to mention selling tech in which I sold you to Unity, which on my part I should have anticipated.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 24, 2011, 04:24:13 pm »

Welllll, You did join rather late, then rather quickly side with our enemies and give them a fresh influx of tech that helped them hold on. Referring of course here to both what you started with and your amazing breakthroughs. We both have a problem with Murray joining. And thats only not coming up yet because we might be ending the game 'diplomatically'.

More players means more time to get the turns all together (because everyone in a particular alliance will discuss the optimum deployment of their funds and troops). More time to get the turns all together means more time before the GM can start rolling it. Which (given its USEC) means much longer waits for the new turn. Thats part of the reason I destroyed and engulfed the people I did. Most of them weren't a factor in the end game anyways. (Sorry but..you guys really weren't. I can give you advice for next time though!)

And few of us can claim being 'nice'. We're all traitorous backstabbers out to win and win alone. I betrayed an ally, and devoured two defenseless nations. Taricus tried to devour a defenseless nation because he wanted the space. Sheb put himself in the optimum position for expansion then tried to dictate policy to everyone on his continent. CG and Cript made it look like they'd play nice and struck at the first chance they got. Phantom started late and even though his information says 'He respected them, but would like no more part in their plight." His first move diplomatically, was joining up with the USSE.
JF postured and threatened. BD was going to deploy bioweapons.

But 'nice' doesnt get you far. So I currently have the biggest stick. That's diplomacy enough.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70