Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65113 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #795 on: October 26, 2011, 04:31:59 am »

You may have to wait one week Terenos: I'm currently puking my ass off every two hours, my GF is coming to visit and I have a test on Monday. But after that, I'll update ASAP.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 26, 2011, 04:39:45 am »

Hey, atleast you can't retreat now!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 26, 2011, 11:37:57 am »

I hear ya Sheb.. I've been grappling one hell of a cold the past week. Damn illness.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 26, 2011, 12:09:19 pm »

Actually, I'm a bit better and I don't have classes tomorrow morning. I'll try to get my turn done by then.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 26, 2011, 02:36:16 pm »

I know this is a long shot, but can't we form a truce I mean just until we figure out what the aliens who attacked the Pwenet want, and how powerful they are ? I mean at this rate we are going to wipe out our military strength against each other, and whatever is out there is going to come by, and wipe our armies (Which at this point may as well be fortress walls made out of cotton candy (The candy kind not DF Cotton Candy)) At least if we form a truce we will have rules as to what can, and cannot be done as for how to enforce it I say if one of us breaks it without warning the rest will crush the one who breaks it. If we don't do this we are all going to die, and no one will win at all for the aliens are fifty times stronger than us if they can wipe out the Pwenet without leaving much of a trace of themselves, or their goals behind.

At the moment sure we have massive military strength, but they have fucking SPACESHIPS, and if we don't help each other we won't last two turns against them let alone long enough for one of us to win. So for the sake of one of us actually winning I suggest we call a truce, and prepare for whatever the hell is coming at us, because it sure as hell is, and its aiming for our heads.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 26, 2011, 02:37:44 pm »

Adwarf, I honestly doubt anyone would want to do a truce right now. The game is Colonies at War, not Colonies at Peace.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 26, 2011, 02:37:52 pm »

Fuck it, those aliens want a base? They'll have the support of Ligoria if they want it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 26, 2011, 02:41:20 pm »

Plus, that's exactly what the otherside offered last turn, and us backstabbing them will probably dampen their will. Also, the fact that Terenos explicitely said he'd rather die at the hands of the aliens than sign another truce.

Until the aliens are actually there to kick our ass, I don't think you'll change his mind.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 26, 2011, 02:45:30 pm »

Plus, that's exactly what the otherside offered last turn, and us backstabbing them will probably dampen their will. Also, the fact that Terenos explicitely said he'd rather die at the hands of the aliens than sign another truce.

Until the aliens are actually there to kick our ass, I don't think you'll change his mind.
By the time their here the Pwenet will be destroyed by them, and we won't have a single thing left to hold them at bay, and even with our current military power have a feeling we will have a tough time holding out against them.

Fuck it, those aliens want a base? They'll have the support of Ligoria if they want it.
From our current evidence I doubt these aliens are looking to be pals, they aren't characters from MLP Taricus.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 26, 2011, 02:47:10 pm »

I never said they had to do it diplomattically, or consider us friends.

So yeah: Aliens, if you're reading this, give me some support and you can have everything down here.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 26, 2011, 02:47:44 pm »

Well, Terenos will take over the Pewnet this turn or the next. So he'll fight back wih it, or burn us to crisp. Those "research station" of his also look awfully like Orbital Weapons Platform. Let's hop he'll use them against the aliens rather than against us.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 26, 2011, 02:52:29 pm »

I'd still love peace. But theres no trust, and without trust..There can be nothing.

And should they land, and start destroying us, the rest of you are much higher priorities to exterminate.

My 'research' stations are just that. Research stations. If they were OWPs, I'd turn them on all of you to finish this war faster. And I already have the Pwenet..Its just..Well..Horribly damaged. So not much use as a weapon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 26, 2011, 02:53:56 pm »

And what are you researching up there?

However, I still think that should a war with the aliens arrive, we will unite. We cannot do a truce now, but faced with a immediate threat, we will.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 26, 2011, 02:56:22 pm »

This turn, a means to counteract bioweapons(the UPP!). Next turn, Better weapons/defense tech, and orbital weapons platforms. The turn after that.. Yet more weapons/defense tech.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 26, 2011, 02:58:08 pm »

They give you a research bonus? I didn't see that anywhere in the rules USEC posted.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 70