Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65123 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #750 on: October 21, 2011, 11:58:06 am »

Ahah, I know. :p

But still, I don't dislike you that much. I wouldn' mind you winning. CG tough... He'll go down.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 21, 2011, 12:03:58 pm »

The logical course of events now.. I withdraw from my border provinces with the rebels, Build up in safety, (current buildup, 63 Gen 4 units), come storming back with superior numbers and destroy them. I'll win, and then get destroyed by whatever comes down from space.

CG? I give him good odds to survive fighting you.
I'd still like for us to find some method of making peace. But now theres 2 more voices who are going to demand chunks of my land. And no willingness to compromise. So war's the only way.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 21, 2011, 12:14:34 pm »

We'll see about CG, but if you're distracted enough by the 4 others, I really think I can take him on.

And I'd like peace too, but it is impossible. Too much mistrust (I was sure you were going to invade us, I even had a back-up plan to give lands to Phantom and Bdthemag to keep their bonuses). And frankly you've got no reasons to trust me either.

Can we at least agree that in the even of an actual alien invasion, we'd immediately stop the fighting and unite against them?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 21, 2011, 12:19:44 pm »

By whatever it is I'm swearing by this week, No. That was the purpose of this last turn, to see if you guys could put aside everything to answer an outside threat. The only ones I trust to answer it, are going to be me and CG. If you win against him, you'll be fighting me. Cause I realllly doubt I'm going to lose over here.

On second thought, I'd probably trust Phantom to help out too. But that trust will vanish when he attacks me this turn.

I expected the betrayal. I expected it to be done better. My plans mostly involved losing twice what I've lost/am about to.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 21, 2011, 01:57:42 pm »

Hey, you give me my land back and I'll call it even. Considering internal suppression is one thing you can't afford if you're going to try and escape into space. Spacecraft and the resources to support them don't come easy.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 21, 2011, 02:01:27 pm »

No trust. No deal. You're first on the list to get smacked down Taricus. Better hope those funded rebellions manage to shank my production..Oh no wait Turn order says they cant. I might lose some of my troops to rebellion but all 63 of these troops are being produced.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 21, 2011, 02:05:12 pm »

Well, I hope your fleets don't mind taking the long way around then.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 21, 2011, 02:09:52 pm »

*Yawn*

Pure Springs, #16, 9 Laser Half-tracks, ($315,000) 6 Interceptor, ($210,000) Total: $525,000
Safety #45, 9 Laser Halftracks ($315,000)
Oasis, #49, 6 Laser Halftracks ($210,000)
Edmont, #66, 20 Laser Rifles (Conscription)($170,000), 11 Laser Half-Tracks ($385,000)
Humble Labor #40 2 Laser Gunboats, ($84,000)

Thats what my current production looks like. It is completely safe. Distrib Manufacturing is a great thing. Your forces are expected in 52 and 53. (Though potentially not, as you might lose 54 to my squawking about rebellion. As sheb said 54 was all him, and according to current answers, Sheb cant cause rebellions in my lands.) So you will be able to stop my south army slightly. And the north army will be in fine shape. As I control the water passage from north to south I can ferry my troops with impunity and crush you after the fact.

If your forces are degraded to Infantry, I can stop a significant amount of your advance, and crush you faster. You have no navy to contest my own.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 21, 2011, 02:13:23 pm »

And that's about two-thirds of your budget already gone. Considering there's a more powerful forces, seems kinda counter-intuitive to focus on me.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 21, 2011, 02:14:24 pm »

All I wish is for the land of the Kingdom of the Free People to be returned to our empire as I, so stated before Terenos destroyed me for the land, I wish to remain neutral as I fear whatever is in space more than anything else. At the moment dividing into war is the stupidest thing we could possibly do as whatever took the Pwenet is obviously far stronger than anything we can muster at the moment, and from what I can gather they want us as test subjects.

But Terenos if you do not return our land then I will have no choice, but to go to war, and aid every faction that is against you.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 21, 2011, 02:17:59 pm »

Sure. 2/3rds of my budget into troops. That level of production just straight stonewalls ..hmm..Let me think.. Carry the one.. everyone?

And you're closest, And most threatening to my safe production territory. Now I'm more than willing to return -some- territory to you. If you don't build up your army and give me all that wonderful tech from Sheb. But as I know this wont happen, we can just ignore diplomacy and proceed straight to me kicking your ass.

Say Adwarf. Same deal to you. You get your island back, I get all Sheb's tech that he hooked you up with. And you remain neutral, with a place in the World Unity when the time comes. But as we all know this won't happen.. See above.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 21, 2011, 02:19:46 pm »

Hey, I'm open for diplomacy, but you're giving me all your techs in exchange for mine, you hear?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 21, 2011, 02:26:16 pm »

You are right that won't happen as I will not hand over the tech Sheb gave me, so it seems we are now at war as I will not agree to your terms.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 21, 2011, 02:35:52 pm »

Exactly. You guys are convinced you can win. I am not.  $1,689,000 in military production alone sort of lends me a lot of weight.(Incidentally Taricus, do remember that your military production must be announced in your turn post.)

Fair diplomacy takes place when both sides are tired of the war. If I could trust any of you to deal fairly, and not come after me. I would. But you're on the side of my enemy. Which means I cannot give up tech. You're belligerent without cause, which means I cannot give up land. And within moments of signing any agreement it would be broken. As that is traditional on this world.

What do I get out of a deal with either of you? Less strength and less enemies. But I need my strength for the enemies I have (Sheb and Phantom) because they seem to be able to make breakthroughs on any budget. And the enemies I'd be losing are weak.

I give up anything, I still get attacked again, and my position worsens. If I maintain my current course, I still have the strength to win. Not necessarily on the terms I planned for but I can still do it. Theres no trust remaining here, now. So what deal can we possibly make? I'm not going to stop building up, Im not going to give up my tech, Im not going to stop attacking. Because you guys will build up. You guys will make better tech than I, on worse budgets. And you guys are still going to attack.
--
Yes, whatevers out there either treats us as food, or test subjects. So maybe we -should- be looking to create some kind of peace. But I tried that last turn. And sacrificed to make it happen. It didn't. We cannot have peace on any terms. Hence why diplomacy is over.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 21, 2011, 02:38:58 pm »

I do have a cause. You bloody backstabbed me!

EDIT: Not TRUE production :P
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70