Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 64962 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #525 on: August 30, 2011, 04:04:30 pm »

Ligoria surrendered (small chance of returning). Canuckia was crushed outright (LOW chance of returning)

Actually, the chance of returning is the same for both of them, and depends mostly on how diligently you protect those lands.

So in response, I suppose we move to the end game.

Yeah, we're at least late-mid game right now. If it's not end game right now, we're close enough to give it a friendly shake.

Ah, the penalties still apply though. France surrendered in WW2, yet it never stopped fighting.

Yes, the bonus to espionage still applies.

Also, completely unrelated, as a reminder to everyone with a rank or more in espionage you get free espionage points. Either use them to conduct missions, or store them away against an enemy for use in the future. If you have no idea of how espionage works, please tell me.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 30, 2011, 04:18:06 pm »

Also a suggestion (A balance one): Technology for smaller nations should cost less, due to the small amout of retrofitting, assimilation and integration of the technologies.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 30, 2011, 04:25:50 pm »

Right. Because that wont work against me. Why with that, a small nation could blitz weapons or defense tech and hand it to a larger nation. I'm going to win this, stop building roadblocks!
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 30, 2011, 04:44:19 pm »

...We can always hope that Unity is gonna end up collapsing like the Roman Empire or the Soviet Union!

Or turtle up and pull a Finland.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 30, 2011, 05:12:58 pm »

..You do realize that anyone who steps -back- into the game gets curbstomped by the GLORIOUS Unitarian Security Forces, yes?

I mean cmon. Look at my military development this turn. Who can stand against that with just one province?

To be fair, they'll probably get a massive army in that province as all of their loyalist followers flock to their banners. But yeah, unsupported one province is not going to make much of a difference.
A rock can kill a giant if used correctly

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 30, 2011, 06:04:07 pm »

But the odds of such are near zero...how many people did that giant eat BEFORE the rock
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 30, 2011, 06:16:22 pm »

But the odds of such are near zero...how many people did that giant eat BEFORE the rock
Still that small chance is all someone needs to give it their all.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 30, 2011, 06:18:59 pm »

About five, the rock freed those from the giant's stomach though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 30, 2011, 08:18:46 pm »

...Well JF wasted his money on expensive as shit Militia that or 1.5x the cost of Militia when still superior troops are affordable.

Just a little jump in from me to answer a few things. I would like to stress that I had no Generation Two units at the time, it was early game I got those. At the time, a unit with about the same stats as Infantry for just 5,000 extra sounded like an great deal.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 30, 2011, 08:22:48 pm »

...Well okay then. Now if you mind, I have to survive the monster you helped create.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 30, 2011, 08:42:43 pm »

Well, I think its safe to say that me and Terenos were allies from the beginning. I had plans to take adwarf first, due to his weakness at the time, then attempt to ally with the faction to the south of me. I would've used conquered English lands to hold a Full Scale assault of the Eastern Continent. I had plans for a very powerful Anti-Infantry Unit to crube adwarf's military, and then moved on to military argumentation to gain control over my own units. I would sell the desgins to both my friend Terenos, and however appered to be winning in the East. However, all desgins sent would have a small bit of code hidden inside the Chip inserted into the Brain of soldiers who were argumentated, so when the invasion began, I would activate the loyalist chip and turn a good chuck of Shebs or CB's military againist them. The reason I also would send them to Terenos is because I did not take away the possiblity of barkstabbery. If the new Unity attacked me, the Loyalist chip would be activated, and the rest you can guess. The reason I was so sure in this plan because so many nations had largely neglected Counter Espionage, and I would've put much money into education. The non-existant Counter Espionage Agencies would not be able to detec the Chips, with the level of Programming put into them. However, in case that this plan failed, I would've also taken the time to advance my Roman Military tech Tree, lending me the edge in combat for only a slightly increased price.

However, I got bored, and I quit. Do you question my Tactics now?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 30, 2011, 08:45:51 pm »

I by no means was questioning your tactics, just that one tech.

But really, I have to survive that damn man before he makes the world burn.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 30, 2011, 10:56:47 pm »

USEC: Two questions; is there a limit to the amount of technology you give people in one turn, and if a nation is destroyed the turn it sends tech will it still reach its destination?
Nope and yep, respectively.
I think there's been some sort of mistake.
I sent all my tech to Seporia, the Kingdom of the Free People, and Tri'Nala yet they don't seem to have gotten it.
The KotFP doesn't have 4 Economy, Seporia doesn't have 4 Manufacturing, and Tri'Nala has neither.

Anyway, thanks for running this. It was awesome while it lasted. :D

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 30, 2011, 11:11:22 pm »

I forgot about that, i lost that PM...i remember that PM

Speaking of which, if that get's retcon'd...your trade isnt really worth much to me Sheb, to be entirely honest

About five, the rock freed those from the giant's stomach though.
As excrement released upon death
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:13:15 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 31, 2011, 12:45:17 am »

You don't -have- to 'survive' me Phantom. Just stand down. Expand a little. But yknow, declaring that I have to die? That will get you smashed. Of course you have to come after me. Because you don't want to join the game just to give me the victory in 2-3 turns when I've won anyways.

Which makes me wonder why you joined the game to give the win to someone else. Its like you're hunting me, or just helping Sheb. Fortunately? You have no capability to stop my victory. Your army will be insufficient to stop me next turn. I'll occupy your land and spare myself the time of colonizing it.
Or did you think you had a chance at a victory alone? Hah. Like any small nation, you'll die, leaving the big powers to slug it out.

And yes, me and JF were working together from very early on. I needed a capable ally who wouldn't betray me. How do I know he wouldn't? Because I have the skills he lacks. JF needed to learn the art of diplomacy. And I hope I gave him some lessons regarding that. He also needed to attach himself to someone who was capable of becoming a world power, because he wasn't becoming one. I never intended to betray him. I always planned on this outcome. I did think he'd be a little larger first. Oh well.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70