Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most closely fought battles  (Read 1886 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Most closely fought battles
« on: June 02, 2011, 05:20:44 pm »

My closest battle was a fight on the tundra between a group of bandits, me and my retinue and some angry skeleton horses/moose. I rushed into the banditos with my retinue behind me. A fierce battle ensued as both factions fought fiercely. Then some skeletal beasts rushed in from behind and broke the forces apart, except for me and the bandit captain. As we duked it out, and killed random skeletons, our forces died around us. Eventually I was mortally wounded by the captain and he was killed by me. I then was killed by the remaining undead beasts.

That is my closest fight, well recently anyways, I would like to hear yours
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most closely fought battles
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 05:31:52 pm »

i thought closest means you would have to survive? my closest i had just a single peasant chick as my ally to ward of boogies, i went to kill a night creature, it broke my arms quickly and i passed out. to myamazement i woke up later with my peasant babe standing overme with a bloody carving knife and the night beast dead in front of her. It was pretty amazing as she had no injuries, so i think that means she just miraculously stabbed the beast through the back of the head right before it was going to likely kick my head in. I really wish thatdirty elf archer hadn't killed her, she got to be quite good...

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 05:51:09 pm »

Closest means you almost won in my case, or almost lost in your case
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 06:30:20 pm »

The closest i ever had was with my legendary elf chick. I was fighting a minotaur in some labyrinth with a single companion. My companion was lost and i was fighting the minotaur one on one. I had nerve damage on one arm and the minotaur broke my only useful hand. After i feinted due to extreme pain, my companion strode in and bashed it on the head with his trusty hammer. THat hammerman was the longest surviving and least scarred of all my companions that game. It was his/her death that allowed the boogeymen to finish me off.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 06:58:36 pm »

I was recently stabbed in the back in a battle on my Legendary Misc User character and got Nerve Damage and Ability to Stand lost, fortunately I had modded in the ability to heal nerve damage so i'd just crawl on my adventures instead, I gathered my party of two and just ran around exploring and trying to get random encounters when I came across a goblin party which immediately attacked me.

Both my companions where killed and I lost my 50+ kills Kobold Leg in the battle, it was down to me and a crippled fleeing goblin, I dual wielded two iron shields and crawled after it, I finaly caught up, broke its arms and smashed its skull, as I was looting the corpses a group of Capayabras attacked me, easy fight I thought as I just auto attacked the critters without reading the logs, by the end of the fight I was bleeding, in pain and had appearently lost both my feet (meaning that I was permanently crippled).
I desperately started crawling back to the nearest town, was attacked by Bogeymen just outside the town but managed to somehow get away and then retired in a Hamlet.

Misc Weapons and shields are lots of fun, I struk down three titans with that Kobold Leg.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:14:33 am »

A fight where I almost lost was against a night creature.
It was all going good, but then suddenly it beats the living hell out of me.
Then when I think it's gonna kill me, it attacks my marksman companion.
Then I bisect it.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Matheld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 01:23:20 am »

Faint from blood loss, crippled legs. My assailant gave into pain first and I finished him off and crawled back to town.

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:INDULGE_IN_MYSTICISM:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:52:10 am »

Once in 28d I was out in the savannah where giant lions are known to hunt. I was a mid-level human adventurer (~10-12 swords/shields, ~15 wrestling [because I normally don't powerlevel in DFA], extremely tough/strong).

I was ambushed by no less than 4 giant lions. The first was quickly dispatched in two blows, one taking off a limb and the next taking off its head or bisecting it one. The other three began to pursue me. I retreated and circled, but my speed was 1200ish, so I wasn't much faster. I got an extra turn every 5 turns or so I think.

I maimed one of the giant lions and it bled out after repeatedly passing out and crawling towards me only to pass out again. But the other two remained.

I decided to stand my ground and fight the two lions because as long as I got the first shot I felt confident they would just miss me once and both be dead. I was wrong.

I chopped off one lion's paw, and the other one bit my sword arm and latched on. My arm became useless and was nearly torn off - my sword fell to the ground. It being so large and being latched on, I couldn't move away. So I did what any red-blooded adventurer would do, and used one of my legs to grab it by the neck.

It shook me around by my arm and tore out some chunks. The other lion took another swipe or two at me but the shots were blocked. The giant lion that had bit me tried to break my hold but I used my other leg to grapple it as well, and choked it a few times. The wounded lion got in a light shot at some point, and I shield bashed it once, then used my shield to put it in a choke hold as well. I took turns back and forth, strangling both lions.

I passed out from the pain once, but both lions were also unconscious so it didn't matter. I succeeded in strangling both lions, and tried to stand up.

I bled to death as I struggled to my feet.

Greatest battle I've ever had.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 10:57:33 am »

I was ambushed by boogiemen and I took most of them out, except I got swarmed and badly wounded. I passed out a few seconds later. Eventually, I woke up and I checked my wounds, I was at Death's door. But, dawn broke seconds later and saved my adventurer from an annoying death.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 09:26:58 pm »

I was a human swordsman and I'd just raided a bandit camp nearby with my axeman companion. I get another quest to kill a lasher bandit and set out. My companion and I were found out while sneaking over (well I was sneaking anyway) and slew the attacking pikeman. We confront the Lasher and he snaps my companion's spine instantly with his copper whip.
He and I duke it out for a bit, both of us have nerve damage and are gushing blood. He passed out for half a second and I was about to end him when...   the rest of his gang blind-sided me. There was a bowman, axeman, and swordsman. I killed them, though not without some wounds. I turn back to end the lasher when he comes out from behind a tree and smashes most of my bones. I pass out and he went on to kill me for almost 8 more hours.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 07:08:28 am »

Me and my companion were both totally boned, seperated by night creatures like this.

NCMN (N=Night Creature C=Companion M=Me)

Me and bro were both neing stabbed five times for every one move we mad, I was seriously injured. But I got a lucky shot on the night creatures lower body and cut it in half. Then I miraculously rose to my feet despite being wounded from head to toe and then choped the other night creatures leg off and then it's head.

My bro and I went to sleep in the cavern, when I woke up, I had a scar on my heart and literally every exposed part of body plus a couple of missing fingers.