Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ONLY_IF_SANCTIONED]" - Will it work?  (Read 1015 times)

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just added this to my raws.
   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ONLY_IF_SANCTIONED]
It is for Dwarves. I'm just modding my game to become more bloodthirsty etc, and I thought that would be hilarious. In legends, will I see various dwarves eating who they kill? What will happen?

Just curious.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:06:28 pm by Jacos »
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: "[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ONLY_IF_SANCTIONED]" - Will it work?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 08:34:34 pm »

I just added this to my raws.
   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ONLY_IF_SANCTIONED]
It is for Dwarves. I'm just modding my game to become more bloodthirsty etc, and I thought that would be hilarious. In legends, will I see various dwarves eating who they kill? What will happen?

Just curious.
Presumably that means Dwarven kings will begin to tell other dwarves to cannabalizes Goblins and the like.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:49:32 pm »

I bet it will ease tensions with the elves and not much else. How would monarchs even do that? Make mandates for corpse eating? Use ACCEPTABLE.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 07:24:47 am »

I bet it will ease tensions with the elves and not much else. How would monarchs even do that? Make mandates for corpse eating? Use ACCEPTABLE.

Well, before that, I'll check in legends if any dwarves have ever devoured bodies. Just have to wait for my fortress to end, which shouldn't take long - I'm new at using military and my civilization is at war with the elves for some reason.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 07:28:24 am »

You may need to regen the world for entity changes to affect civs.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?