Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: The Outpost - Dawn of a new colony [Zzzz]  (Read 27841 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost - Dawn of a new colony
« Reply #345 on: July 25, 2011, 04:10:35 pm »

Same again folks? I mean, We're not stopping this HQ upgrade for anything. And I'd add the laborers to..Fishing! Lets make 15 of em fishermen, and the other 10 can help with the woodcutting for now.
Although. If we were to redirect 5 builders to building a road towards the cave, We'd go up to 25/50, then 35/50, and then we could just finish it off (The HQ that is). Make a slight effort at the least.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 25, 2011, 10:45:09 pm »

Our work with the crystals paid off. Yes, let's train 15 of them to fish. The rest should contribute either to wood or mining, I am happy with either of the labors. Everyone else continue as they were.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 01, 2011, 10:54:07 am »

The road is a total of 27.5 units of time to build- more than you can do by sneaking a few workers off the task.  I didn't have them do so this turn until I was sure that was what you wanted.

Also, lazy GM etc etc

As expected, summer starts out quite hot- some food was left outside too long and was spoiled by the heat.

Food collection otherwise went fine enough.  The heat kept the crops from doing as well as they could, but the hunters were able to keep up hunting with no trouble.  The fishermen were trained as requested.  An argument over which of the men would use the canoe resulted in another canoe being built- a nice result.

Resource gathering was well enough.  The arcanists only collected four crystals, which were sent on to the homeland.  The stone mine was productive, and the wood gathering went as planned.  The builder have our new HQ about sixty percent done.

After a series of misfortunes, our scouts have accomplished nothing except the waste of a variety of supplies.

Midsummer approaches.  Will we be able to beat the heat?

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)

The RNG has it out for your scouts.  At least their (second in a row) critical fail roll didn't cost any lives this time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 01, 2011, 11:14:08 am »

scout along the river, Request more workers, Keep building the HQ.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 01, 2011, 02:17:42 pm »

Agree, Do no such thing, Keep building the HQ.
We're not requesting more people because we're not making great progress with food for the people we have.

All people do their tasks, Laborers assist with woodcutting, miners gather stone.

If I may explain my plan for the road, Its 5 units of build/time a hex. So by only assigning 5 builders, we'd be building one tile a turn, in its general direction. Most likely due NE, and then N. I want this because as of right now, those 5 builders arent pushing us any closer to finishing. We're 2 turns out no matter what, so they may as well be used to build roads.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 01, 2011, 02:47:11 pm »

We don't even need a full road building halfway should do the trick for now.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 03, 2011, 02:17:34 pm »

On road:  Gotcha.

The heat of midsummer is bearing down on us all.  Thankfully, our work still goes well.

Another envoy from the King arrived.  This time the King would like 75 stone and 75 ore delivered... but we only have three months.  It'll be a close one.  We are promised a reward for timely completion, however.

The heat continues to keep the crops down a bit.  The new fishermen don't have quite the catch they would like, but the hunters report average success.

Again, our lumberjacks bring out immense numbers of logs.  It seems the laborers helping are taking a natural shine to woodcutting.  Our miners are also doing well, and the arcanists have their best yield yet, which is immediately shipped home again.

The builders sent a small group to start a road to the crystal cave via the hunting lodge.  Some work on that was completed.  The rest of the builders have the HQ about 80% done- at the rate they are working, it should be done by the end of the summer.

Our scouts manage to not injure themselves or lose supplies this month, but that is all that can be said for them.

We must prepare to meet the King's request.

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 03, 2011, 02:22:02 pm »

Well alright then.
All labor proceeds as previously arranged with one exception. Our miners and guards travel back to the ore mine.
This will bring our road to our hunting lodge, and finish our HQ this month. Capital work all around. Its time to begin discussion of our next upgrade. And yknow what? I say we wait a little, see what becomes available. Though frontrunners in my mind are an upgraded dock, or an upgraded hunters guild as we need more food. We're still only sitting at 1 months stored food, for winter.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 03, 2011, 02:54:34 pm »

Upgrade wise a better Hunter's Lodge is more important than a dock because a dock has a limit on people(see the first page) and we have more hunters. Following that, a sawmill would be a safe bet seeing how wood costs are rising with our upgrades.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 03, 2011, 03:26:07 pm »

So I say the Hunter's lodge is more important then the sawmill you can cut trees in winter but you can only really hunt during winter send the 75 stone through now get it out of the way then start working on the ore.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 03, 2011, 08:08:48 pm »

Next chance we get, bring the farms up the the number of 50 with 100 Farmers. That should solve a ton of food problems...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 03, 2011, 08:12:07 pm »

We've only 3 months of autumn left to farm, with our limited builders its unlikely we can really build much in the way of more farms(and use them). I'd support spending our winter building farms, but not necessarily autumn as well.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 03, 2011, 09:18:57 pm »

we should ask for some food form the home land

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 04, 2011, 08:35:44 am »

If the rak tar come again, We should trade stone weapons for maps.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 04, 2011, 09:30:56 am »

We've only 3 months of autumn left to farm

That was midsummer, so you have one summer month left as well.

I'll try to update this afternoon, since tomorrow has about a 0% chance of an update.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26