Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: The Outpost - Dawn of a new colony [Zzzz]  (Read 27869 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Outpost - Dawn of a new colony
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2011, 06:21:32 pm »

Can we trade something with the lizardmen for a map of the area?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2011, 06:34:06 pm »

Can we trade something with the lizardmen for a map of the area?
The road? that'd be an awesome trade I think, can we build a cobblestone road however so as to preserve our wood?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2011, 07:29:13 pm »

why would we build a wooden road itll fall apart in a month make like a dirt road itll be a lost easier
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 28, 2011, 07:52:32 pm »

We do not have the resources or the immediate need for a road..

We should definetly ask for a map of the area though.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 28, 2011, 09:28:24 pm »

hell just cut down anything in our way to the city and that will make a road put up stakes so people dont get lose i done it before its takes about half a minute to put the stake in
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 28, 2011, 09:44:16 pm »

I voice no problems with the work orders...

I voice problems with roads, currently not needed...

Staked path would be already done by now, its just fluff I feel, unless GM wants it to be something..
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 28, 2011, 09:44:52 pm »

I voice no problems with the work orders...

I voice problems with roads, currently not needed...

Staked path would be already done by now, its just fluff I feel, unless GM wants it to be something..

Roads are not needed I agree

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2011, 09:54:00 pm »

Hers a question... Will building a road offend them? It might. I think we should ask before building a road.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2011, 03:16:08 am »

I was just thinking though is the road not necessary for any trade at all? You can't carry wagons over rough terrain with bogs and marshes exactly  :-\
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 30, 2011, 10:19:16 pm »

I haven't forgotten this!  It's just been a hectic week.  I'll hopefully update in the morning.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2011, 10:38:18 am »

Again, sorry for the delay.  I'll try to get back to my ideal schedule (around 5 updates a week).

As summer ended, Ricko led our scouts to the Alash city to negotiate trade.  His diplomatic skills appear to be a bit lacking, as according to the other scouts they were not overly impressed with him.  At any rate, they will give us four food for three stone or wood for stone at an even ratio, and they will take up to twenty units stone a month.  They do not have the skill to work ore, so they are not interested in that right now.  They would prefer that we do not build a road all the way to their city right now, but we may build one as far as the marsh edge.  They do not have a printed map, though they will tell us what they know of the area in exchange for two units of ore for them to study.

Our hunters pulled in another grand hunt, while our farmers had an adequate harvest.  Collection of other resources continued with no special note.

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 01, 2011, 10:56:30 am »

Well obviously let them have the two ore that's a tiny trade of and also i think finding a use for the ore would be a good idea, maybe if we want to do this later we should stop mining ore and instead focus more on wood collection as that's what we seem to burn through the fastest
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 01, 2011, 11:14:34 am »

I think we should hold off building more farms and instead focus on the windmill. Adding more farms will eat our workforce and slow down food production in the long run. If a windmill gives even a 5% increase in yield we'll be much better off. I think we should also trade the Alash 12 stone this month for 16 food, just in case.

I still believe we shouldn't give the Alash any of our ore, yet. If they learn to work it before we trade them metal we won't get as much from them. While knowing what's around the marsh would be nice we should hold that off until we can trade them metal tools first.

Overall Hunters hunt, miners mine, woodcuts cut, farmers farm, ricko, scouts, and 2 guards deliver our trade goods, builders cut wood, and the 7 remaining guards accompany the miners.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 01, 2011, 12:07:05 pm »

I agree with Ark. Trained citizens do their task, builders join in the building, guards cover the miners.
I also agree that we should not trade any ore right now, and a trade of some stone for some food is an excellent idea.

Furthermore, hes on my side about this whole upgrading the windmill thing. Awesome Ark. Just awesome. Virtual high five!
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 01, 2011, 12:31:22 pm »

I'm just happy that we are getting Positive amounts for our Food. Lets look into trading Stone and Ore back for more Labourers...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26