Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: The Outpost - Dawn of a new colony [Zzzz]  (Read 27867 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost - Dawn of a new colony
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2011, 01:13:41 pm »

It is confirmed- we are not alone.

While the guards were patrolling the perimeter, two figures were seen approaching from the west.  It appears these two were of the same type that our scouts saw last year.  They came up to the walls and attempted to communicate.  They did not speak any language we knew, but very rough communication was established with gestures and signs.  To the best of our knowledge, they live in nomadic tribes in the lands west of our city.  They seemed to be concerned about some threat, but it is very unclear what they meant.  They appear to be impressed with our buildings, and have brought us a token gift of food.  We may be able to trade with them in the future, but it is unclear what they have to offer, and what it is they would want from us.   Their clothing was animal skins and their tools crude rock and bone.

The Rak'tar, as they seemed to call themselves, left after staying a day, and indicated that they lived not too far to the west, perhaps just past where we explored.  Perhaps we could visit?

In local news, farming went much better, and the hunters had modest successes as well, alleviating some concerns over food.  Three new farms were constructed.  Mining went quite well, with large amounts of stone gathered.  The scouts made progress into the hilly terrain.

What is our next priority?

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2011, 01:19:19 pm »

Did we get any idea if the hills might have any ore? Or would that require a more extensive search by miners (prospectors)?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2011, 01:57:57 pm »

Scouts can be counted on to find things for you.  So far you just know that there are hills.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2011, 02:13:50 pm »

Train 6 more farmers, work the farms with all farmers and 6 laborers, Miners mine stone. 25 remaining laborers hunt, and if our builders can, they should gather wood for us (-25% or no, we need some kind of wood flow.)
Scouts hit the NW more, investigate the crap out of those hills.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2011, 01:55:23 am »

Train 6 more farmers, work the farms with all farmers and 6 laborers, Miners mine stone. 25 remaining laborers hunt, and if our builders can, they should gather wood for us (-25% or no, we need some kind of wood flow.)
Scouts hit the NW more, investigate the crap out of those hills.

This.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2011, 08:34:15 am »

The middle of spring brings no great excitement.

Our farmers and hunters did a good job of bringing in food for us again this month.  The miners, however, hit a patch of bad stone and wasted a couple weeks of effort.  The builders, unused to cutting wood, only had limited success.  The training of six more farmers was uneventful.

The scouts report more hilly terrain but have found nothing besides grass and shrubs in them.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2011, 09:43:57 am »

Have the scouts check out the lands beyond and around the wasteland. Hav miners mine, garuds gaurd, farmers farm and have half the labeors hunt  and half the larboers get wood, we need wood for a wall that is better than a glorfied fence if there is a threat in these lands
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:47:51 am by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2011, 03:18:56 pm »

In addition to above, the builders should also cut wood. And our next goal is not a wall, its a hunters lodge.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2011, 03:56:37 pm »

What about sending a few miners to the hills to check whats up there...?
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2011, 04:03:55 pm »

As spring draws to a close, we continue to replenish our food supplies.  We are also working on gathering wood and stone for future expansion.

All our resource operations had good results this month.  In particular, our wood choppers were gathering wood at an incredible pace.

The scouts report more badlands with nothing interesting in them.

An emissary from the King arrived with a message today.  He congratulated us on our progress so far, but says we need to find metal deposits- the sooner the better.  It was not said, but I fear war at home may be drawing near.  We will need to support the war effort here in this isolated area.

Neyvn, I had done the turn before I saw your request.  Anything that's not a scout finds things at a pretty severe penalty- it's assume that scouts have mounts, travel light, and know what to look for.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2011, 04:16:02 pm »

A fine job, all told. I say we move to build the hunters lodge with the wood we're going to gather this month.
Farmers farm, All laborers cut wood, All miners mine, Scouts continue investigating the NW, builders handle the hunting lodge. Guards cover the builders just in case.
We're so close to finally stabilizing.  Let us debate our next upgrade. I say that with a simple hunting lodge and windmill we should be able to stockpile enough food. So we should start looking at the improvement of our final resource collection, the sawmill. I'm looking over our upgrade costs, and we are going to need a significant amount of wood. so the Sawmill makes sense.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2011, 04:18:28 pm »

What about sending a few miners to the hills to check whats up there...?
\\Says this again...\\
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2011, 04:21:35 pm »

With that severe penalty? I imagine if there was anything to find, our scouts would/will find it. I mean yes, we could try dumping a mine up there and hope .but..yeah.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2011, 04:26:53 pm »

Oh didn't see his note about that TBH...
Would have thought that the Miners would be having a better success to find out if an area has a mineral output then scouts unless the Scouts are also skilled Geologists...

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2011, 04:34:19 pm »

I personally want to keep the scouts pushing to find what is behind the wastelands
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26