Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: The Outpost - Dawn of a new colony [Zzzz]  (Read 27830 times)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost - Dawn of a new colony
« Reply #360 on: August 04, 2011, 09:50:06 am »

I am curious where stone weapons are coming from?
Hell no do not request food. Do not ask for food unless we are out of food. Not when we have a month stocked up..

Anyways, lets send the stone through, miners and guards to the ore, lets also send the laborers to help mine. Everyone else continue their respective jobs, and the builders can keep working on what their doing. Though now that I missed these turns I disagree putting resources into those crystals. I believe we should build several farms in winter and be ready for the next season.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 04, 2011, 01:46:18 pm »

Yes, im aware of that Toaster, but we're finishing the HQ this month, so we cant really build any new farms right now..So our only free building time is in autumn. Thats more of what I meant.

Also, we cant ? . Remember when he requested 100 ore and we tried to send it through in chunks? We dont seem to be able to send any requests through till we have it all. And if we dont have a dire need for food, lets not.
Aye, building farms in winter is the best move, and we should also consider a 3rd upgrade to our Windmill (its cheap and the time requirement is still only 2 months. But its costs mean it would have to be slotted after the completion of our Kings Task.)
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 04, 2011, 03:35:31 pm »

The heat is finally fading- the end of summer has come.

Bad news from the north, as the miners and guard found that the ore mine had been vandalized.  There was no severe damage, but most of the mining time was spent repairing the mine instead of gathering ore.

The low harvest continued, but both our hunters and fishermen did well.  The woodcutters's long streak of good work finally ended, but they still had close to average gains.  The arcanists continued to haul out crystals and send them back to the homeworld.

Finally, our new headquarters is completed.  The builders finished well, saving us some materials.  In addition, the road was extended out as far as the hunting lodge.

The scouts were finally able to get some exploration done, expanding our knowledge of the lakeshore.

We now have two months to complete the King's request.  The stone has been sent to him, as we had that spare, but we must work to gather the ore.

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:37:24 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 04, 2011, 03:46:41 pm »

Yeah..Figured that would have happened. Still, One good roll and we're set lads.

Miners mine ore, Laborers assist. Guards cover them, Farmers farm, hunters hunt, fishermen fish, woodcutters cut wood, scouts check out the plains to the west?
Builders.. Well, Theres a few projects that could deserve our attention. The road being of primary concern to me. But hunters lodge also being important methinks. A watchtower near the ore mine might also be somewhat important. a Miners guild upgrade may also be very important. A deeper mine even. So many deserving projects right at the moment. But nothing that costs ore people, we cant spare any right now.
My votes for the miners guild or the hunters lodge.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 04, 2011, 08:34:29 pm »

I'd say the lodge because when the guild upgrade is complete we'll have met our deadline, and winter will be here soon enough. The Miner's Guild should probably be put on the back burner until our other needs are met (food,security,etc).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 04, 2011, 09:40:47 pm »

Toaster we need a few small things updated good sir. Mainly the front page costs for what units we can train, scouts and guards I believe? I am curious what your idea of a guard is,  as in what kind of equipment they carry?

I propose the immediate construction of a watchtower at the northern mine! With that we double our numbers of guards and scouts, with the new guards we should leave a permanent group at the mine while the other third are else where. Obviously the natives are becoming hostile moving into the land we - how I believe they see us from their perspective - have claimed or taken from them.
After building more farms we should upgrade the hunters lodge. I must express we do not need more roads. I believe everything is connected except the cave? Which I do not believe we should put to much effort into, we can continue chasing that after we take care of a few more things. The month before spring and farming season we should request more laborers to train to farmers.

I agree scouts west, but I think it would be good if they followed the river.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 04, 2011, 10:51:19 pm »

Espically after this I belive security is our biggest concer after dinishing the deadline. After a watchthingy up north we should upgrade the wall. while our northern enemies haven't come down to play yet we need to be prepared if they do and a fence is not going to help at all. Even if they don't attack something could, the lizardmen might decide that they want us gone or (this is extremely unlikely but still..) the Rak Tar might want us gone.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 05, 2011, 03:34:12 am »

I fourth the construction of a watchtower at the ore mine,

Also toaster, what've you done too the area map? The shoreline has expanded but you seem to have erased the northern forest and crystal cave.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 09, 2011, 09:38:37 am »

Updated the info post and fixed the map.  I had used an old version of the map to update last time- oops!

I also put the road in- it had been forgotten.

To answer a question, HQ 2 has allowed Builders and Scouts to be trained.   You need a blacksmith for guards.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 10, 2011, 03:48:16 pm »

I'd still suggest building a road from the mines to the dock.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 10, 2011, 07:31:12 pm »

No not yet mabye after we build meager defenses.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 10, 2011, 09:08:59 pm »

It's one tile worth of road, and we already have roads everywhere else. Why not?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 11, 2011, 12:28:09 am »

I see no reason why not, a watchtower takes 10 units of time, and thusly we'd have the builders available for it. And the watchtower seems to be our consensus currently.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 11, 2011, 03:47:32 am »

Seems good to me (The road and watchtower I mean) Also more of a long-term thing but if we don't want to build a road to the lizardmen for trade if we do large transactions a fishing ship might be able to work by going back and forth on the lake whilst bringing in it's catch simultaneously
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 11, 2011, 02:47:34 pm »

We should build a trade road to the lizards after we finish the mines defenses.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26