Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: The Outpost - Dawn of a new colony [Zzzz]  (Read 27849 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Outpost - Dawn of a new colony
« Reply #300 on: July 10, 2011, 12:31:18 pm »

Oh- whoops.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 12, 2011, 12:47:13 pm »

The beginning of winter brings another encounter with the Rak'tar.  We can communicate a bit better with them now, and they brought us some bone carvings as gifts.  They seem to respect us, possibly because we are clearly stronger than them yet have not attacked them.  They seem to have troubles from something, but we are not sure what.

The hunters brought in a decent catch, while the farmers struggled a bit to gather fish.  Mineral gains continued normally, with the ore miners doing best.  The windmill construction started, and is now about 70% completed, due to a couple small delays.

The scouts took one of the crystals to the lizardmen, but no one there had any idea what it was, other than a simple crystal.  On the way back, they got lost in the marsh and were unable to get anything else done.  Two took sick and won't be able to work next month.

We gave one to a king's envoy who was checking on our status.  He said "Hmmm... very interesting.  I'll have to take this with me- I may know someone who could know what this is."  He left and took the crystal with him.

The king sends his thanks, as Ricko reported very favorably on us.  He was quite impressed with the boar, and has sent us a gift!  He sent builders and supplies, who built us 10 units of upgraded housing.  I'm not sure what we need nicer houses for, but they're nice indeed.  What shall we do with them?

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 12, 2011, 04:21:51 pm »

Appoint a permanent leader and house him there, use the space for diplomatic negotiations, guest housing, artifacts (such as the mason's guild's inspiring statue) and I suppose anybody of high standing in the outpost.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 12, 2011, 11:22:16 pm »

On about our day, and our standard plans. Hunters hunt, farmers fish. The Windmill lvl 2 is completed on schedule. Lumberjacks cut lumber. Miners gather stone.

Whats this you say? A change? We have a decent stockpile of ore. Our stone supplies are dwindling. We will have need of stone shortly, I am sure. Hence, more stone.

Scouts take this time to rest up, prepare maps and so forth. Guards cover the lumberjacks.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 12, 2011, 11:48:14 pm »

After we complete the windmill it might be a good idea to make roads to the docks and the hunting lodge.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 13, 2011, 07:14:22 pm »

i say we start train a milta and make some weapons and armor
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 14, 2011, 09:04:07 am »

Again Terenos has stolen my thoughts, I agree with all that hes said.
I believe we can do without roads though mcclay. Do they really give much of a bonus?
As for that housing, lets just let the villagers decide who gets the housing, anyone with any type of authoritative position should be a candidate. I believe we can do without storing the statue in there, it should be outside for people to admire.

Also we must discuss the next move.
I believe we should consider asking for more people to arrive at the beginning of spring and send some ore home, we will be able to support a few more with the upgraded windmill now. We should upgrade our headquarters next to get our scouts to a safe number, also so we can build that town hall and train the villagers to militia. After that barrack and blacksmith, then a wall!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 14, 2011, 09:11:22 am »

Agree with Terenos and Immortal.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2011, 02:26:09 pm »

The narrator is the leader, though he doesn't actually physically exist in game.  It's assumed he lives in the HQ and eats quantum food.

With the winter cold at its highest, we settled in to recover as we could.  The scouts stayed home to let the ill ones recover and the others to tend to the records.

Our farmers took to the lake again.  While the shore fishing yield was suboptimal, those in the canoe had good results.  The hunters gathered in quite a large amount of food, going a long way to supplementing our food stocks.  The woodcutters and stone miners did what they could to collect  resources, though the forest was not in a yielding mood.

The windmill upgrade was completed without note.  The better equipment and resources should increase all future crop yields.

A messenger came back from the homeland with a short note.  It said...

"Crystal being studied.  It has been passed on to our sages, who seem to think it has potential.  Gather more if you can."

What shall we do now?  Are there more to be gathered at all?

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)

Year 3 ends next month.  I had a request for yearly stats- what would you like to see?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 15, 2011, 03:01:56 pm »

send some scouts to the cave to see if they can find more. If possible upgrade the HQ, if not then have everything continue as normal.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2011, 06:02:10 pm »

Lets repeat our moves last turn, but the builders help the woodcutters.
Keep the scouts indoors, its still winter and dangerous, we don't have enough scouts for them to scout safely in the winter.
Also we shall upgrade the headquarters next?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2011, 06:09:37 pm »

I belive if we do we get more scouts, at least that is what someone said.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 15, 2011, 07:20:10 pm »

I think upgraded HQ is scouts and builders.

I should probably make sure that's all written down somewhere.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2011, 08:50:33 pm »

I follow Immortal but I'm not sure if upgrading the HQ is a good idea. It'll take at least 2 months to get the wood and the builders will be tied up another 4 building it and then we don't have enough people to take advantage of it (unless we change a few). Judging by how much of an increase we'll get from the windmill we should probably upgrade the silo first, I say.

Future Idea:When spring rolls around we can send the miners, the guard, and the scouts to check out that cave. I figure this'll set us back a bit but everyone will be more likely to come back, and if the miners are there they'll probably be able to tell if they'll be more crystals (for flavor/realism). Of course we could just split the guard and miners mine and scouts scout, while guards guard both (for results).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2011, 09:42:06 pm »

Ark great ideas! Ignore my previous statements about our future plans.
Lets get those Silos upgraded next, and send 50 ore through for people to arrive for spring.
We can also build a few more farms easily enough to deal with the newcomers.
For the crystal search, yes lets send a few miners with those scouts and maybe 2 guards.
After that we'll increase our numbers and then we should wall up and turn defensive. How we defend our selves is to be decided, a wall takes no bodies only many resources, guards would be mobile but require food.. Discuss?

Old comment stands repeat last turn.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26