Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Post here your fortress ideas  (Read 9221 times)

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Post here your fortress ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 09:35:00 am »

Someday (meaning: next version, when I can finish the mod with ingested syndromes and transformations) I intend to run a community fort with my Dwarven Hive mod.  The rules would include that structures and digging is only allowed in a honeycomb manner.

Should make things interesting.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 10:07:02 am »

I always wanted to create a realistic underground city where anybody who is hostile is caught in a cage, stripped, thrown into a pit, tortured and left to be eaten by animals. Or in the case of enemy leaders, tortured again, again, again and again. The leaders will then be drowned.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:10:40 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 11:11:45 am »

Build an above ground style fortress (towers, walls, outside/light roads, stuff like that) with 100% engraved walls and floors. No obsidian allowed. Yup, that's right, dig the ground level down everywhere except for your buildings. I've made a few attempts over the last year or so, but I'm yet to have a successful fortress of reasonable size.

DaneAxe

• Bay Watcher
  • Stunted Viking
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 11:20:38 am »

Trellenborg, Viking Round Fortress...

Currently in Progress ;)

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 11:34:12 am »

Dragoncurse's insane challenge series!

1. Tenochtitlan, you say?

Build a dam in a river that is at least 12 tiles wide, and then start to build an artificial lake. You must build your fortress from CASTED OBSIDIAN, and then SMOOTH IT ALL. That includes temples, houses, towers, hospitals, EVERYTHING MUST BE BUILT FROM CASTED OBSIDIAN AND SMOOTHED. No exception.

Dwarvenbonus = equip your soldiers with jaguar leather armor and obsidian short swords
Code-dwarvenbonus = edit the raws to create obsidian spears. And then modify the siege size so you can get 5 times, and double sieges, so you can fight Mayans elves and Spanish humans.

SUPERDWARVENBONUS = Sacrifice periodically peasants nobles for Quetzalcoatl Armok, so you can pay respects for goblinite and socks.
:3

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 11:35:35 am »

Start a DFC(Dwarven Fried Cat) franchise. Only export is cat roasts, wheat biscuits, and plump helmet as a side order. Maybe strawberry biscuits as a dessert.
 Made one for fun, as a future equip stockpile for adventure mode, then became too fun to abandon. The depot became the drive-thru
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Proxiee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 12:02:00 pm »

I made a world at year 2, found an AMAZING spot that screams steel and glass, and the spot I picked was random named Ancienthome. So I'm going to make an epic fortress inspired by starwars: http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/30/Pg2_utapau_fork_bg.jpg

I'm designing it in paint right now. It will be a giant sinkhole that gets smaller has it goes down, a giant column in the middle as a grant staircase, bridges extending out to all sides of the sinkhole. The outter shell of the fortress will be a giant spiral ramp so they dont have to use the staircase. I also want to somehow make a giant waterfall, but I dunno if I want to because it might kill my fps

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 01:27:39 pm »

I'm building a fortress that's more like a prison, where The Heart machine (a player Expy) controls the fortress automatically. This is an update of my earlier fort idea, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85879.msg2320103#msg2320103 here. The defenses should more or less run themselves, and occasionaly switch the water flow to a dwarves mist generator and fill it with lava, while at the same time stopping the drainflow for a time and sealing the room.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Ig88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 06:40:41 pm »

The recreation of Unknown Kadath would be a challenging mega-project.(and a nice fort if its hollow and wide enough) Its basically a massive tower/mountain "with the clouds serving as a belt for its foothills"(paraphrase), crowned with a massive castle. Megadwarf bonus for making it all out of obsidian(since onyx is only a gem). Superdwarf bonus if you use its topmost portions as a means of executing prisoners via falling. Ultradwarf bonus if you make it in a desert.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2011, 11:30:10 am »

Build your own neigbourhood and try if you can defend your house from goblins

durbu

• Bay Watcher
  • Halt! Hammerzeit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 04:04:57 am »

I always wanted to create a realistic underground city where anybody who is hostile is caught in a cage, stripped, thrown into a pit, tortured and left to be eaten by animals. Or in the case of enemy leaders, tortured again, again, again and again. The leaders will then be drowned.

How about Dante's Hell with nine concentric circles below ground with themed colors etc and a vestibule of the uncommitted above? The dining rooms should be in the third circle (gluttony), training rooms in the outer ring of the seventh circle (violence), the eight circle should have ten pockets or bolgia and the ninth circle four concentric rounds.

Bonus points for the Mountain of Purgatory aboveground.

In our hell dwarves torture the demons >:D
"One of the seven just drowned while cleaning saltwater from the seabed."

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 04:27:20 am »

Build Minoan civilization of dwarves. Your fortress must have a maze where is a minotaur. You forship minotaurus as your God and anyone who need to be punished deserve a visit to God's as a reward for their actions will be sent into the maze.

durbu

• Bay Watcher
  • Halt! Hammerzeit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 04:40:29 am »

A fully functional goblin fortress with goblins only.
  • Build an evil fort
  • Capture goblins
  • Drop goblins in with no way out.

Bonus points: control the goblin fortress via levers from your own fort
Superbonus: open the front gate and frame a dwarven siege by your people against the goblin fort
Duperbonus: anger the elves and frame an elven siege

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 04:49:37 am »

A fully functional goblin fortress with goblins only.
  • Build an evil fort
  • Capture goblins
  • Drop goblins in with no way out.

Bonus points: control the goblin fortress via levers from your own fort
Superbonus: open the front gate and frame a dwarven siege by your people against the goblin fort
Duperbonus: anger the elves and frame an elven siege
Uberbonus: Have your goblins be at constant war with HFS and supply them.

durbu

• Bay Watcher
  • Halt! Hammerzeit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 05:03:01 am »

The Battle of the Five Armies / The Lonely Mountain of Erebor

Embark near a human village to a biome with giant eagles. Carve a huge treasure chamber inside the mountain and fill with treasure. Capture a dragon inside the treasure chamber. Anger the elves and the humans and find a way to keep their armies put until you have a siege from the elves, the humans and the goblins simultaneously on your map. Capture a giant eagle. Kill the dragon. Fight!

Bonus points: anger the dwarves to get a dwarven siege and reduce your strength to 13 dwarves (and a plump helmet man representing Bilbo)
Super bonus: win the battle and bury one of your fallen dwarves inside the mountain with his artifact sword and an artifact gem, don't stop playing
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 08:05:50 am by durbu »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5