Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bones. Ugh.  (Read 2974 times)

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
Re: Bones. Ugh.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 04:46:44 pm »

yeah, I just stopped my farm basically, rather, I slowed it down, and had to crank my barrel production through the roof simply to have barrels to put booze in.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Agent_86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 04:49:18 pm »

I've plenty of booze, that's not a problem, I can turn off my stills whenever I like, but I've just got too much food.  I'm about to sell a bunch of *sun berry roasts* to the humans... that should relieve my problem a little bit.
When something isn't quite dorfy enough, just add magma.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 05:57:09 pm »

Cooking booze is both blasphemy and dangerous. Your stocks may run dry which will lead to widespread rioting etc. etc. Better not take the risk, especially if you got enough food as you say.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Agent_86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 05:58:49 pm »

Cooking booze is both blasphemy and dangerous. Your stocks may run dry which will lead to widespread rioting etc. etc. Better not take the risk, especially if you got enough food as you say.
Who said I was cooking booze?  I've specifically set all the booze to not be cooked, there's so much else that I can cook with.  :P

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 06:02:52 pm »

Ooops. Somehow thought you were cooking sunberry-booze, after the booze and barrel talk. My fault and drink irresponsibly!
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 07:18:17 pm »

yeah, I just stopped my farm basically, rather, I slowed it down, and had to crank my barrel production through the roof simply to have barrels to put booze in.
Once I get the basics set up, I've started making stone jugs for booze instead of barrels lately.  I'm usually in a place with no coal, so I want to limit my wood usage to charcoal, beds and the occasional shield or training weapon. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

HoffaSaurusX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 08:55:33 pm »

I've not made a fortress that farms in years, so bones from my expansive meat industry are numerous. My trading in entirely based on 10 crafts dwarves carving bones at an incredible rate. Carpenters and Smiths make bins which hold these crafts, and I unload bins of 10,000 items in return for animals, brewable items, and metal.

Disquiet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 10:00:42 pm »

Why do you guys keep making more food stockpiles when you clearly have too much already? I just limit my food stockpile and let excess food rot.

Agent_86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 02:36:26 am »

Why do you guys keep making more food stockpiles when you clearly have too much already? I just limit my food stockpile and let excess food rot.
Because I make all that extra food into masterful roasts and sell them to the caravans.

vintermann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 07:39:36 am »

Because I make all that extra food into masterful roasts and sell them to the caravans.
For what, exactly?

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 07:44:40 am »

For what, exactly?
Um, more food, probably? And loads of overpriced gems and precious metals. That's what I do, at least. I also like to pay at least 2 or 3 times more than necessary so they bring more stuff next year.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 08:52:54 am »

Yeah, my caravans leave often with 1000% profit.  I need this crap out of my fort and im loathe to ditch anything of value.  Plus the more I trade the more visitors I should get to donate to the finished goods piles :)

I hoard food too.  Probably approaching 10,000 meals stockpiled.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 10:12:34 am »

After amassing food (27000 of meat and 4000 of prepared meals, cooks make mostly masterpieces now) I get more uninvited visitors. Like one FB every month. So they are good for that.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 10:24:31 am »

The size of the creature matters much more than how big the stack is. A stack of 28 goblin bones creates much less clutter than 1 horse bone. I have a micromanaged stockpile system where large creature corpses are simply never butchered - magma or atom-smashing to remove them before miasma eats away at FPS.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 10:34:19 am »

To help with tallow/fat just put a fat stockpile next to the depot. Will show up as closest item for trade. Unload all of it
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration
Pages: 1 [2] 3