Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobold Camp - Meat Science  (Read 1054 times)

JackSlinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobold Camp - Meat Science
« on: June 02, 2011, 03:16:39 am »

I've been playing Kobold camp a mod for DF, because kobold are carnivores meat, bone and leather are important, unfortunately these seem to be areas that are very bugged. Because of the bug in which a stack of bones is counted as one item in reactions I went about trying to split up stacks.

I've been told that droping animals from great height creates lots of body parts (tryed it and it does :P). However my butcher doesn't want anything to do with these body parts, they must be fresh because I start trying to cue the order the moment they die.

I suppose I could wait until the body parts rot down into bones, but running a fortress of carnivores is going to be hard with no meat! >:(

Any ideas? 

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp - Meat Science
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 03:45:16 am »

By your wording I suppose that you've dropped tame/stray animals. Tame animals that die from any reason (including being dropped from a tower and exploding into twenty million parts) other than being marked as 'ready for slaughter' and then slaughtered in a butchery shop cannot be butchered. In other words if your animal corpse says something like "mutilated stray (animal) corpse" they cannot be butchered. I believe their body parts work like that as well.

If you want to splatter animals and then butcher the pieces they must be wild/untamed... Although pitting wild animals is a whole other headache in itself.

And since we're at the modding forum, mod the cutebolds to allow them to butcher sentients, set up cage traps and splat goblins instead! All their parts will be 100% usable. :D

JackSlinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp - Meat Science
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:24:33 am »

Shame about the tame animal thing. I had tried to set them to be butchered on the animals work menu and then pulling the level, didn't work and I almost butchered my butcher.

The goblins idea is interesting although I don't know how to implement it this being the first mod I've ever installed and all. Any advice on how to add this I amuse it's a tag I have to add.

I'm trying to get the hang of Kobold camp so that I can reclaim a dwarven fortress with them, I hope that will work.

And I wish the bone stack bug would be fixed already then this wouldn't be needed.