Do you like internet spaceships?

Yes
- 8 (100%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: December 04, 2011, 07:33:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 151

Author Topic: Kael's [DFC] Server: Bay12 Teamspeak  (Read 175108 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Kael's [DFC] Server: Minecraft 1.0/New Terraria 1.1 map AGAIN
« Reply #1245 on: December 04, 2011, 01:25:58 am »

... yeah. Kael, the server probably needs a new password. Just sayin'. Going public with th'current one seems to have had negative consequences. :-\

As to hardmode... man, I have to admit, I'm loving it, especially how it transforms the whole bloody world. No more of this safe play with jellies shit. If I want to build something in hellworld, it's going to be a bloody rotterdamn fight.

Going in with full molten+best pre-wall weapons, it was like starting over again. Hiding from the night, scrambling frantically for the resources I needed to make my kit more viable vs. these vicious new creatures, learning how they move and the right ways to fight them, etc, etc, etc.

No longer being able to just tank the shit out of everything! I actually have to dodge now, pay attention to how the enemy's moving, be careful. Use that spark of dwarven ingenuity that drew me to DF -- hardmode is like starting on a terrifying glacier, only someone's modded in lasersnails. It's freaking terrific! Things have been kicked up a g'damn notch! This update gave me something I didn't even know I wanted, ha! Bloody challenge, that's what.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway. Squeeing done. As for that sky house, just move in your npcs before you kill the wall. The way they teleport in nowadays should make that very easy. Enough of 'em in there will keep wyverns from spawning.

If you're fighting for npcs on kael's server, though... might just have to get used to fighting wyverns :P They're pretty easy to kill when you're actually up in the sky a bit -- low grav makes 'em pretty easy to dance around with rocket/spectre boots.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:30:45 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1246 on: December 04, 2011, 01:51:48 am »

Potions in minecraft are near worthless. The only one I even consider useful is splash instant heal 2 as unlike the harm version it actually injures the most common night mobs instead of healing them and it is instant health for yourself. Thats only borderline useful though. If you could stack them then I would use them. Even just being able to have stacks of 4 would be enough! As it is the only thing I see needing potions for is the DRAGON where someone brings an inventory full of potions and spams them around when people get low on health and even then I would probably prefer an inventory of arrow stacks instead. If notch does not want to let us spam potions constantly give it a cool down before you can throw another or something but for goodness sakes let me stack them so I will actually use them.

Edit: I take it back there is one thing I will use potions for. I am going to make a single tile pit and fill it with chickens. When they are all grown I will throw an instant harm or two down there and level up like a champ as well as getting enough feathers to fletch arrows from now till the gravel glitch goes away.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:55:33 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: December 04, 2011, 03:42:14 am »

If you're fighting for npcs on kael's server, though... might just have to get used to fighting wyverns :P They're pretty easy to kill when you're actually up in the sky a bit -- low grav makes 'em pretty easy to dance around with rocket/spectre boots.
Actually,  we got a new map. No more hardmode there, and no killing the wall of flesh. From the mouth of Kael himself.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: December 04, 2011, 03:43:19 am »

I completely missed all the explosions! I was off exploring the underground caverns. I found a mess of heart containers and enough gold to craft me some gold chainmail and greaves, which is a huge boon to my weak guy, but it would seem that everyone was having fun without me.

But yeah, I was really surprised, when I first came into the server, I was instakilled by the Twins... just death, death and hard mode bosses everywhere.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: December 04, 2011, 04:01:04 am »

Spoiler: My House (click to show/hide)
Heh. I like it. The purple makes it look very dungeon-y. Also, the lower half of the house can be blocked off with active stone.
My Sig

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: December 04, 2011, 05:35:57 am »

Some asshat blew up the fort TMH and I built up.

Kael, you seriously have to change the PW.

They also took all of TMH's equipment.

It must have been a while ago because the Hallowed area above hasn't spread much since I left.

Motherfucking shit they also blew up the spawnroom.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:39:35 am by Darvi »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: December 04, 2011, 05:41:04 am »

It might be because of Kael publicly announcing the password in the terraria thread here. Either that, or people assumed that the teamspeak pass was the same.

In any case, you should change it now, Kael.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: December 04, 2011, 09:01:45 am »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:34:01 pm by MC Dirty »

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: December 04, 2011, 11:08:12 am »

I personally think we should be using a Quicktopic, a message board you can't search for, for hiding the password. As long as you don't directly say password next to the link, people won't be able to google directly to it.
Quicktopic
My Sig

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 04, 2011, 11:09:29 am »

So I presume that the super secret serious business password will be relayed via PM or something?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: December 04, 2011, 11:10:43 am »

I personally think we should be using a Quicktopic, a message board you can't search for, for hiding the password. As long as you don't directly say password next to the link, people won't be able to google directly to it.
Quicktopic
Or, you know, Kael tells people the pass only by PM. Which is esactly the same except that we don't have to make a new thread for it.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: December 04, 2011, 11:13:31 am »

That takes a lot more work on Kael's part. :C
My Sig

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: December 04, 2011, 11:16:25 am »

That takes a lot more work on Kael's part. :C

I'm not sure how, really, since keeping the quicktopic link secret would also require PM's, since the only people that are griefing would be visiting this very thread, not searching for it through google.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: December 04, 2011, 11:18:10 am »

Instead of replying to individual PMs, he could just send out a hue group one to everybody who asks. Nah that's stupid.

I still think the old system of "PM for the password" was good.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: December 04, 2011, 02:51:32 pm »

Wait, the vote was passed?

I'm going to miss those bricks...

I'd have voted Yea though.
Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 151