Do you like internet spaceships?

Yes
- 8 (100%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: December 04, 2011, 07:33:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 151

Author Topic: Kael's [DFC] Server: Bay12 Teamspeak  (Read 174866 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I have made Catacombs of Deceased Vidja Games Characters!

But as I and Sagacious worked on it, we merely managed to make 'claimed' 8 tombstones.

For now, there lie:

1. Alys Bragwin (Phantasy Star IV)
2. Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
3. The Lone Wanderer (Fallout 3)
4. Zero (Megaman X/Zero series)
5. Space Invader (Space Invaders), one of many
6. Aerith (Final Fantasy VII) Galuf (Final Fantasy V)
7. Brain (UFO: Enemy Unknown)
8. Zubat (Pokemon series), one of many
9. Vault Dweller (Fallout)
10. Aerith (Final Fantasy VII)
11. The Boss (Metal Gear Solid 3)
12. Dracula (Castlevania series)
13. Blinky - Orange Ghost (Pac-Man)
14. Auron (Final Fantasy X)
15. E-102 'gamma' (Sonic Adventure/Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut)
16. King (Cave Story)
17. Infant Metroid (Metroid II: Return of Samus/Super Metroid)
18. Nei (Phantasy Star II)
19. Mithala (Aquaria)
20. Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
21. Sigurd (Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War)
22. Giygas (Earthbound)
23. Commander Gore (Shin Megami Tensei)
24. Josef (Final Fantasy II)
25. Hector (Fire Emblem 6/7)
26. Minato Arisato (Persona 3)

Postponed addition due to unspoken rules and other silly reasons:

---

Please give the names of dead vidja games characters, preferably with small epithaths to engrave on the gravestones! Only one per game, so pick wisely!
Fan-fic and spin-off titles' characters will not be added to the Catacombs.

Me and Sagacious Zoo/Weaponmaster are caretakers and will keep the Catacombs updated :3
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:08:48 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile

The Vault Dweller- Fallout 1.
"Your a hero... and you have to leave."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Oh that is bullshit. Aerith gets a spot over Gaulf?!?! Bullshit. I demand you fix it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Oh that is bullshit. Aerith gets a spot over Gaulf?!?! Bullshit. I demand you fix it.
Seconded. it's not like Aerith ever did anything useful before death.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Galuf! I KNEW I WAS MISSING SOMETHING.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also Auron :V

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Also Auron :V

I made an un-spoken rule of not getting a flock of chars from series in a row.

So I need 2-3 other people before getting him.

EDIT: Zombies are fond of dancing on Kefka's grave.
SigFlags!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

'kay.

The Boss.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I'm not very knowledgeful of MGS series, so maybe some epitaph or quote? :V
SigFlags!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blinky (The Orange Ghost) [Pac-Man]

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I nominate E-102 "gamma<lowercase>" of Sonic Adventure/Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut

Gamma was absolutely an awesome character, and the first to have its entire life followed in the game. From the moment it wakes up staring into the ugly face of its creator, through so much character development and heartbreak, to the moment the last E-100s are destroyed in a climatic battle with its rebuilt "older brother" E-101 Beta MKII.

If you've played the game, just listen to its music!

"Theme of E-102" is sad, lonely emotion and conflict wrapped in techno and piano -- a unique combination for a unique character.

"Heartless Colleague" (boss theme) conjures images of epic, almost but not quite symmetrical fights with rocket-launching androids.

"Crazy Robo" (E-101 MKII boss theme) starts the same way as "Theme of E-102", but quickly shifts into alarm-like tones and almost taunting background synth chirping, becoming an awesome boss tune for a truly epic adversary.

"Unbound" Ah, Unbound. E-101 MKII is defeated, but still functioning for a few seconds more. Gamma walks up to his dying brother and... gets shot point-blank with those beam cannons? Blown across the arena, Gamma takes a few steps away thinking about the family his bird has before collapsing into a heap and exploding just like Beta, the music playing makes Gamma's signature riff even sadder somehow, but it ends on a bittersweet hopeful note as the mind-controlled birds used as the "brains" of such robots escape the exploding shells. The other two family members of the bird we saw earlier in the game fly off into a clear blue sky...

Gamma was really a tragic character. Usually seeming silently sad, this robot "rescued" the whole E-100 series from a life as mindless rocket-launching killing machines and let the "pilots" go back to their avian lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehPmfY-QymQ
Imagine this is just after a pretty awesome boss fight against the closest thing Gamma had to a brother.
First song is a part of "Theme of E-102". Second song is "Unbound"

Looking back at the scene, it doesn't look as emotional as I remembered it, but on a full playthrough you really empathize with the little motorbike-robot-helicopter-jetpack-sniper thingymajig!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Four more characters added: The Boss, Dracula, Blinky - Orange Ghost and Auron.

I will do a lil' research on that E-102 and prolly add him.

EDIT: I also would like to know who was the cheerful guy to go through my personal alchemy stash, make potions I don't need at the moment and take all my jungle grass seeds.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:49:46 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can second Gamma. It really was sad to see him kill Beta.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I nominate E-102 "gamma<lowercase>" of Sonic Adventure/Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut

Gamma was absolutely an awesome character, and the first to have its entire life followed in the game. From the moment it wakes up staring into the ugly face of its creator, through so much character development and heartbreak, to the moment the last E-100s are destroyed in a climatic battle with its rebuilt "older brother" E-101 Beta MKII.

If you've played the game, just listen to its music!

"Theme of E-102" is sad, lonely emotion and conflict wrapped in techno and piano -- a unique combination for a unique character.

"Heartless Colleague" (boss theme) conjures images of epic, almost but not quite symmetrical fights with rocket-launching androids.

"Crazy Robo" (E-101 MKII boss theme) starts the same way as "Theme of E-102", but quickly shifts into alarm-like tones and almost taunting background synth chirping, becoming an awesome boss tune for a truly epic adversary.

"Unbound" Ah, Unbound. E-101 MKII is defeated, but still functioning for a few seconds more. Gamma walks up to his dying brother and... gets shot point-blank with those beam cannons? Blown across the arena, Gamma takes a few steps away thinking about the family his bird has before collapsing into a heap and exploding just like Beta, the music playing makes Gamma's signature riff even sadder somehow, but it ends on a bittersweet hopeful note as the mind-controlled birds used as the "brains" of such robots escape the exploding shells. The other two family members of the bird we saw earlier in the game fly off into a clear blue sky...

Gamma was really a tragic character. Usually seeming silently sad, this robot "rescued" the whole E-100 series from a life as mindless rocket-launching killing machines and let the "pilots" go back to their avian lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehPmfY-QymQ
Imagine this is just after a pretty awesome boss fight against the closest thing Gamma had to a brother.
First song is a part of "Theme of E-102". Second song is "Unbound"

Looking back at the scene, it doesn't look as emotional as I remembered it, but on a full playthrough you really empathize with the little motorbike-robot-helicopter-jetpack-sniper thingymajig!

I Wholeheartedly Agree With This Post.

EDIT: To note is that his avian self, IIRC, has a family. Might be wrong though, but seriously, his death is heartwarming and tearjerking.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:49:08 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Going to add him then, and first paragraph will be used as epitaph.

In the meanwhile go brainstorm about my 'edit' question. Still bugs me.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 151