Do you like internet spaceships?

Yes
- 8 (100%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: December 04, 2011, 07:33:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 151

Author Topic: Kael's [DFC] Server: Bay12 Teamspeak  (Read 174552 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

I always do. Its only polite after all.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Well, it seems like I can't actually run this for any interesting amount of time, it just freezes up with no error, even though I could run ultimate previously perfectly fine.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also guys new to FTB minecraft, when you open the launcher initally, there's an option to change how much ram you can allocate to the program.  If you don't give it a fair amount of ram it tends to freeze up as it erases, and write information rapidly to try and keep the game loaded.  It can also just crash flat out if it doesn't have enough.
Nom nom nom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I've got 4gb ram and 2 free all the time for the most part. If it can't run on the 1gb max the slider said, then it needs to make the slider bigger.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Erm, 1GB max? Mine lets me run up to 6GB, but I keep it at 4. You better check your settings.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I have. Several times. That is the max it wants to slider to, and it ran ultimate fine previously without this freezing. As far as I can tell unleashed is just ultimate updated and without the terrible gregtech.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm weird, and yes, as far as I could tell Unleashed is Ultimate without the terrible.

Silvercreeks been turning into a nice place.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

Would it be possible for me to get reimbursement on a couple of my items that I lost since it was because of lag lava? There are only a couple things I actually cared about losing.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

I've got 4gb ram and 2 free all the time for the most part. If it can't run on the 1gb max the slider said, then it needs to make the slider bigger.

Make sure you install 64 bit version of Java. It kept crashing for me with the slider all the way to 1gb max. Then I put in the 64 bit version and I can slide it along way more :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Aha, I shall do that then anvil. Thank ye.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also guys new to FTB minecraft, when you open the launcher initally, there's an option to change how much ram you can allocate to the program.  If you don't give it a fair amount of ram it tends to freeze up as it erases, and write information rapidly to try and keep the game loaded.  It can also just crash flat out if it doesn't have enough.

There are also some additional Java parameters that can sometimes help if FTB tends to crash even with a large RAM allocation - namely -XX:MaxPermSize=128M

Not always necessary, and YMMV and so on and so forth, but helped me to get FTB to be more stable on my machine, at least.  That was a few versions ago, though, so may not still be valid.

Edit: having said that, just reading the last few pages have made me want to get back up to speed with FTB and join in.  Is the server generally open to all (provided you obey the golden rule of "Don't be a dick"?)  :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:26:22 pm by jhxmt »
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: having said that, just reading the last few pages have made me want to get back up to speed with FTB and join in.  Is the server generally open to all (provided you obey the golden rule of "Don't be a dick"?)  :)

Yes, come on in, have fun, and invite your friends, as long as you're not a dick. I like trusting you guys to be excellent to each other and  Bay12ers are awesome about not griefing - In case, I have lookup/world backup/save/edit/revert plugins so we can swiftly ban and fix problems anyhow, and griefers are future banned from DFC servers.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site

My ping to the server is in the 1400s, so I won't be able to play with you guys. =(

FTB Unleashed is pretty neat, though. I need to look more into it. Barely got into Ultimate with another server earlier this year before I graduated and Unleashed seems even more intimidating. Also, anyone know of an Unleashed texture pack? The Ultimate one whines at me that it's not compatible when I try to use it.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Server suffered a severe crash due to Feed the Beast/plugin conflict which besides bringing down the server also corrupted the save file and rendered it unloadable.

Luckily, we have reloaded to the last backup, minus one hour of work gone. Server reloaded.

If you lost something expensive that you placed within the last hour: please post here. Keep in mind I have logs for a lot of the blocks, so keep requests within reason.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

11 Magmatic Engines. That's about it.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 151