Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Forum Games and Roleplaying Brainstorming Thread  (Read 2713 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Forum Games and Roleplaying Brainstorming Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 04:25:38 pm »

This thread is a good idea. WHY DID I NOT THINK OF IT. Ahem.

I was thinking about running a game based on mini golf, but I'd have no idea where to start. Thoughts?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 05:40:26 pm »

I was thinking of making a Homestuck fangame that completely rejiggers the entire formula. I was thinking of two main characters with no overruling elements or similar birth dates.

1: A 27 year old man who devolpes games and happens to be working on the client of Sburb.
2: A 15 year old boy who has a complete family and is completely terrified when he learns his family is most probably dead.

The main problem is that I haven't caught up with Homestuck at all.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 07:59:49 pm »

Ohai, This seems relevant to what I need.

So, A long ass Fucking time ago, I tried to convert Nazi zombies into a forum game.

It sucked. BIG TIME.

So now, I am going to redeem myself. It's not going to be a straight up port, as I'm adding different enemies, weapons, and perk-a-colas.

I just need to sort out a few things.

What era should it be in? (WWII, Cold war, Modern day)

Should I let people customize their own character? or something else? bluh?

I'm using a custom map, and I think this time it will translate a lot better.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 08:57:12 pm »

A custom character would be nice. Especially due to the different ways individual militaries train the infantry and such.

Also RED ALERT ZOMBIES!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 09:00:40 pm »

What era should it be in? (WWII, Cold war, Modern day)

Should I let people customize their own character? or something else? bluh?

I'd recommend Cold War or modern eras. WWII is pretty overdone here in the lower forums with the few zombie games there are. Try to keep an immediate goal other than survival for the players so that they don't lose interest of the same thing happening over and over, and keep the goals relevant to the era you go with.

Customizable characters are kind of a dark point for me. I usually prepare characters beforehand with the option of making up your own thing.
If you do end up going with your own pre-built, try not to gravitate toward any certain pre-build or path like I usually end up doing. The best thing I can really say is to try to keep the pre-builds fairly ambiguous so that the players can change their direction if another player who's important to the team gets taken out of the game.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]