Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Twilight??? (vampires in DF)  (Read 3095 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Twilight??? (vampires in DF)
« on: June 01, 2011, 05:11:11 pm »

The werecurse is pretty self explanatory, but how is toady going to incorporate vampires?

If they bite you do you turn into a vampire? or is the curse simply for npc's?

Vampire bites don't spread the curse unless the vampire wants it, and other versions of the myth say that a human has to drink vampire blood to inherit immortality. It will be interesting to see the DF version of vampirism, and i really hope adventurers will be able to take part in the bloodsucking.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight??? (vampires in DF)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 05:18:37 pm »

There was a fair amount of exposition on this in the latest DF talk. Vampires are to be generated like everything else (using the forgotten beast code) with the general sticking point that they're parasitic in some way; other attributes will be mostly random.

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:20:12 pm »

I'm pretty sure Toady's Vamps will be 10x scarierer than twilights pansy vamp, even in Ascii, and yeah i'm pretty sure you could become a vamp, in time no doubt he'll explain it in the devologs in the coming days.

Also with thsoe ramdom attribute it means we can have savage vamps, who have given in to the beast within and probobly could go out into the daylight, and the 'Noble/gentleman' yet sinster ones that livee in the city, in manors most likely.
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 07:22:09 pm »

I'm pretty sure Toady's Vamps will be 10x scarierer than twilights pansy vamp, even in Ascii, and yeah i'm pretty sure you could become a vamp, in time no doubt he'll explain it in the devologs in the coming days.

Also with thsoe ramdom attribute it means we can have savage vamps, who have given in to the beast within and probobly could go out into the daylight, and the 'Noble/gentleman' yet sinster ones that livee in the city, in manors most likely.
and sparkle vamps that eat up all your deer and get in fights with your werewolves.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 07:26:03 pm »

and sparkle vamps that eat up all your deer and get in fights with your werewolves.
And then they cry about breaking their nail.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 07:28:10 pm »

And yet you're gonna' still "brainwash" them and turn them to your slaves right? For science?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 07:31:19 pm »

I can see it now, VampForts.
The first year going veg by eat the blood from your livestock. Then...

Snacks has arrived and is heading towards your Trade Deport.
Or
BRUNCH! CURSE THEM!!!
Or
A MEAL HAS ARRIVED!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 07:32:19 pm »

A MEAL HAS ARRIVED!!!
More like "A VILE SOURCE OF FOOD HAS ARRIVED!"
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 07:34:18 pm »

A MEAL HAS ARRIVED!!!
More like "A VILE SOURCE OF FOOD HAS ARRIVED!"
You mean A WONDERFUL SOURCE OF FOOD
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 09:39:44 pm »

Unless the vampires are so retarded that they can't graduate high school after being in it for 150 years and they're picking up 15 or 16 year old girls at that age then no, they won't be anything like the ones in twilight.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 10:31:23 pm »

Unless the vampires are so retarded that they can't graduate high school after being in it for 150 years and they're picking up 15 or 16 year old girls at that age then no, they won't be anything like the ones in twilight.
good thing DF doesn't have schools yet or Sparkle forts would be doomed. also wasn't that just one retarded vampire. not to mention all vampires have different mutant powers...OH GOD I was reminded of Teen Mystique, I need MIND eraser!
"body swapping and YOU!"

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 10:43:15 pm »

He said he will basically take all the archtypes and myths about the traits of vampires and make each characteristic randomly apply with each worldgen.

So, you can have vampires you must kill with a wooden stake, or simply beat to death, or vampires that can stroll around in daylight, vampires that are repelled by uh, garlic or quarry bush leaves or whatever. He said he won't include sparkly skin, since it might be a copyright issue. ;)

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 10:49:20 pm »

He said he won't include sparkly skin, since it might be a copyright issue. ;)
Thank god for that. The sparkly skin thing is even more retarded than the 150 years in high school thing. Hopefully he won't add high schools and randomly have the vampires attend them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 11:21:19 pm »

Actually since Toady is adding a bit of randomisation... I hope he sort of allows leeway on what a vampire type can and cannot be.

Does he look fine? almost supernaturally handsom? or deformed.

Does he have to feed or is it like a fine bottle of brandy?

Does he have to kill when he feeds or doesn't he?

Is this a he or a she? (sorry I had to say that :P)

Does the vampire lose strength in sunlight or die? What about Water?

Can the vampire chose who they transform?

I'd love the whole gambit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 12:07:57 am »

Actually since Toady is adding a bit of randomisation... I hope he sort of allows leeway on what a vampire type can and cannot be.

Does he look fine? almost supernaturally handsom? or deformed.

Does he have to feed or is it like a fine bottle of brandy?

Does he have to kill when he feeds or doesn't he?

Is this a he or a she? (sorry I had to say that :P)

Does the vampire lose strength in sunlight or die? What about Water?

Can the vampire chose who they transform?

I'd love the whole gambit.
oh man hope you like your night creature number jump form 589 bogeymen  and 15 cave night creatures to 597 bogey men and 1,090 different types of vampires 17 different night creatures worst part is that if you count the demons you got your self a HUGE LIST OF types of creatures that could break a pc.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: [1] 2 3