Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Twilight??? (vampires in DF)  (Read 3091 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight??? (vampires in DF)
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 06:08:42 pm »

It doesn't have to use all of them for every world and even then it wouldn't break your PC as it isn't an active list all the time.

I've generated thousands of demons before and didn't have a problem.

Generating Titans however (since it MUST use all of them as an active creature) can slow things down and even depopulate worlds.

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 06:16:59 pm »

oh man hope you like your night creature number jump form 589 bogeymen  and 15 cave night creatures to 597 bogey men and 1,090 different types of vampires 17 different night creatures worst part is that if you count the demons you got your self a HUGE LIST OF types of creatures that could break a pc.
wait there are a limited number of bogey men?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 07:01:17 pm »

oh man hope you like your night creature number jump form 589 bogeymen  and 15 cave night creatures to 597 bogey men and 1,090 different types of vampires 17 different night creatures worst part is that if you count the demons you got your self a HUGE LIST OF types of creatures that could break a pc.
yes though each game randomly gens their parts but the bogeymen aka Night creature +19 each have different body parts and creature types.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 07:04:57 pm »

yes though each game randomly gens their parts but the bogeymen aka Night creature +19 each have different body parts and creature types.
excuse me.....i have a night to clense

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 09:29:44 pm »

excuse me.....i have a night to clense
I mean in race selection these buggers spawn from shadows and pretty much friendly and cowardly creatures if you slap a Civ number on them. I guess Toady going to do is hopefully make a separate race name for vampires so race changing into them would be easier.
"body swapping and YOU!"

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 09:50:07 pm »

so wait, can i depopulate bogeymen from the world?

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 09:52:21 pm »

No. The guy above keeps using bogeymen and night creatures interchangeably.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 10:37:37 pm »

Oh man, I cannot wait to see what happens if you get infected by a werebeast AND a vampire...I cannot wait to just run up, and repeatedly suicide charge characters into werebeast lairs until I get infected, just hopefully bogeymen ignore werebeasts and vampires...it would be really sad to be murdered by bogeymen as a werebeast or vampire...Though it would be in DF style.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 10:53:03 pm »

No. The guy above keeps using bogeymen and night creatures interchangeably.
well from the raw name is NIGHT_CREATURE_# so it's safe to say their a part of that family and there over 560 different types of NIGHT_CREATURE_# where # is the number out of that ~560. What I'm saying is that out of that number only a small percentage NIGHT_CREATURE_1 to NIGHT_CREATURE_18 to 21 are the creatures that hang out in caves and they get their own unique names than being called Bogeyman.
"body swapping and YOU!"

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 08:49:00 am »

I really do hope Toady includes sparkling vampires.
"Urist Måmgoztilat: A handsome, marble-skinned dwarf. His fangs are narrow. He is thin. Beware his deadly sparkles.
Now you will know why you fear the night."
Love, scriver~

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 09:01:09 am »

"its sparkling skin undulates rhythmically"
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 09:29:40 am »

And now we will be able to get our dear little dwarves to become both vampires and werewolves.

Hyperdwarven strength and speed, anyone ?

Tsukana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 08:40:07 pm »

I'm going to bedazzle the next person who wants sparkling vampires.

With railroad spikes.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 08:43:12 pm »

BTW, I was just at Barnes and Noble (bookstore) and, based on the items I saw on the theft prevention shelf behind the checkout counter, Twilight fans are major thieves.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 06:05:45 am »

Wait, if we create a adventure in the new mode are we gonna be able to become nightcreatures ? (werewolf, vampire?) if so would be so cool spreading the disease to everyone in the world Muhahaha werecow apocalypse!!
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 [2] 3