Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: The Island (Nightfall, day 3!)  (Read 16957 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: The Island (The sun is rising on day 3!)
« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2011, 12:55:26 am »

Scriver: Explore east.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darvi and Burnt Pies: Cook (14!+13=27).

Choobakka: Make a weapon (12, MacGuyver).

Sonerohi: Make shafts for pointy bits (6).

Askot: String Bow. Make basalt arrowheads and wooden arrow shafts (28!).

Strife: Check uniform. Gather firewood (3).

Cache: 5 foot long braided cord, longbow (strung, with backup as handle), 4 loose bowstrings, 2 thin bone knives, 4 bone spears, 1 bone axe, 5 bone needles, 25 bone arrows, 5 small cans labeled "Sterno", 12 large branches, small rusty metal box [100 rusty nails], 10 logs, very old weatherworn military issue boots (no laces), rusty hatchet, bright orange waterproof backpack, sharp steel ka-bar knife, barbed chain, first aid kit [18/20] , waterproof matches[20] , LED Flashlight, rusty ka-bar knife, rusty spade, wooden spade, fist sized lump of magnetite, 15 basalt pebbles, 3 fist-sized pieces of basalt, firewood and tinder (2 days), 20 bone fishing lures/hooks (1 strung), 4 fishing lines, 6 small half shells, 3 pieces of lobster shell, 2 lobster claws, drying deer hide, 6 large deer bones, 1 deer skull w/antlers, 25 small deer bones, 4 deer hooves, 4 extra wooden tool shafts, and 9 lengths of drying deer sinew.

Food: 5 MREs, 1 cooked lobster, 2 whole racks of cooked deer ribs, raw deer liver, 2 raw deer kidneys, raw deer heart, 2 raw deer sweetbreads, 72 well done chunks of deer meat.

Health Effects:
Mood Effects: +0.1 Everyone (weather), Askot +0.3.
Hunger Effects: Scriver +0.2
There is no wind or rain. It is pleasantly sunny, but chilly. It is almost 50F. It is almost noon on day 3.

Scriver has not returned to camp yet. Three more people drag themselves into the camp. They are freezing cold, shivering, and have cuts and bruises on their faces, arms and legs. They are in much worse shape than Strife was when he showed up. They have their clothes, but nothing else. One is fairly large and burly, one is tall and weedy, and the other is an average looking fellow who is already attempting to spout one liners about being alive.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Island (More survivors found on day 3!)
« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2011, 02:13:21 am »

Tend to the newcomers, prioritizing getting them dry and warm. Start asking questions about them.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2011, 03:18:43 am »

Egad! It's all true!
Love, scriver~

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2011, 03:40:05 am »

"Ugh, judging by you nametag you must be Strife26 from Bay12. Im Bdthemag, and you probally know me from the FG:RP forums. Im am extremely pissed off right now, considering I spent over 200 dollars to get to the meetup from Minnesota. Now since I assume this a stranded on an island scenario, I probally know quite a bit of this. I've seen Cast Away atleast ten times you know."

Tend to my wounds.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2011, 08:57:05 am »

Im am extremely pissed off right now, considering I spent over 200 dollars to get to the meetup from Minnesota.

Ahem, no, you're not.
From the intro:Every single person in the park was here for one reason alone: they were all invited in a manner that could not be turned down. Fare to this momentous occasion, as well as sleeping arrangements at a five star hotel, were all provided for by several anonymous sources.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2011, 12:37:56 pm »

greet the newcomers and introduce myself, then organize a search party to look for scriver. arm myself with the axe and keep an eye out for yew saplings to make more bows

guys, scriver hasn't come back, perhaps he's in trouble, or found something interesting he's stashing for himself. either way, i think some of us should check on him

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2011, 01:52:47 pm »

Meet the other people on the island

"...Who are you people?"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 01:56:11 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2011, 02:59:54 pm »

We need to operate under the assumption that Scriver is either entirely unable to return to us, or has found something extremely awesome. One case requires armed rescue, the other might mean moving to a new camp. Either way, I say that two or three of us should strike out and try to follow him, with a small bit of food and some weaponry. Of course, with the newcomers being wounded and unable to move out for a while, we will essentially be splitting our forces, which could prove dangerous. My middle name is dangerous. I'll be heading out with a bone spear and the bone axe, eastwards.

I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2011, 06:26:19 pm »

I'll follow Sonerohi with my new Aztec sword.
I have no idea where Scriver could have gone. I think that he might have found the place the dead guy came from.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2011, 06:37:27 pm »

Take clothes, dump the people into the sea.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2011, 10:03:36 pm »

Help Strife with tending to the newcomers, grab the first aid kit and patch up any wounds I judge to be serious. In any spare moments, poke AoD with a stick.

Well, I recognise you from the Bay12 meetup, at least.

I really hope Scriver hasn't run into those Bears I found. That could be quite rubbish.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2011, 01:04:06 am »

Search for some food

Did you just say there were BEARS on the island?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2011, 08:39:22 am »

Yep *poke* Bears in them thar hills. There's a lot of cooked meat around if you want it, you arrived before we could store it in the cave.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 19, 2011, 11:24:59 pm »

Me and Choobakka could use more meat shields brave rescuers. Anyone?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2011, 11:38:38 pm »

Yeah... We don't want to face the Communist Russian Alien Werewolf Vampire Zombie Laser Bears all on our own. And this sword-thingy and whatever weapons sonerohi's got.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19