Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: The Island (Nightfall, day 3!)  (Read 16967 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: The Island (The sun is rising on Day 2)
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2011, 05:13:12 pm »

[/b]Help chooie however I can. Let the man rest in the shelter when we're done. Give him a kebab it he's well enough to eat. Take one for myself too. Make sure the fire does not go out. Wait for Soldierguy to recover and/or tell his story.[/b]

We now know that there are elk on the island as well, but I guess there was cause to think so before. I had also had in mind to go on a long explorationary trip in the morning seeing as how we had a pretty good set-up now. I hope this guy doesn't ruin it for me.

Also, Max , you've forgotten to add the stuff I found to the equipment list. Furthermore, when you say "recognise him from the gathering" do you mean as one of the gatherees or the guys that took us away? And, I forgot to ask earlier - the barbed wire thing, "finger loops" means it looks like brasswired knuckles, right? Just asking so my plan to punch the bears with them isn't foiled by misunderstandings, should we ever need to defend ourselves from them.
A) Fixing that now. Fix'd for the last update.
B) The soldier was an invitee to the shindig. The guys who ruined the fun were wearing black dress suit jackets, white dress shirts, black dress slacks, designer shades, combat boots and earpieces.
C) It looks like a straightened bike chain with blades on most of the pieces. Like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:28:44 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2011, 06:09:39 pm »

Barbed wire gloves for bear punching is just about the coolest damn thing I've ever heard.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 13, 2011, 06:11:57 pm »

@Strife: You're not actually injured, you just have some minor scrapes from being whipped around in the ocean for a couple of days. There are rocks and stuff out there, ya know.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2011, 08:49:34 pm »

I was assuming that I'd be dealing with some pretty serious hypothermia and muscle fatigue, actually.

>Dry off as close to fire as possible. Swear. See if anything's survived the trip in my pockets. Swear.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2011, 10:45:08 pm »

I was assuming that I'd be dealing with some pretty serious hypothermia and muscle fatigue, actually.

I'm not going to kill you right off the bat. :P

Choobakka and Scriver: Aid Strife (4+2=6). Strife: Rest

Darvi: Rest (Small Eater).

Sonerohi and Burnt Pies: Gather stuff and take to lean-to (3+2=5).

Sonerohi: Sharpen deer bones (21!!, In the Zone).

Askot: Make bow (28!!).

Burnt Pies: Weave string(6, Improvising).

Cache: 5 foot long braided cord, longbow (unstrung), 2 thin bone knives, 4 bone spearheads, 1 bone axehead, 5 bone needles, 25 bone arrowheads, 5 cans labeled "Sterno", 14 large branches, small rusty metal box [100 rusty nails], 10 logs, very old weatherworn military issue boots (no laces), rusty hatchet, bright orange waterproof backpack, sharp steel ka-bar knife, barbed chain, first aid kit, waterproof matches, LED Flashlight, rusty ka-bar knife, rusty spade, wooden spade, fist sized lump of magnetite, 30 basalt pebbles, 3 fist-sized pieces of basalt, firewood and tinder (3 days), 20 bone fishing lures/hooks (1 strung), 4 fishing lines, 3 large patches of fibrous material, 6 small half shells, 3 pieces of lobster shell, 2 lobster claws, drying deer hide, 6 large deer bones, 1 deer skull w/antlers, 25 small deer bones, 4 deer hooves, and 9 lengths of deer sinew.

Food: 5 MREs, a large handful of salmonberries, 1 live lobsters, 68 lbs. of raw deer meat, 2 whole racks of raw deer ribs, raw deer liver, 2 raw deer kidneys, raw deer heart, 2 raw deer sweetbreads,  6 well done chunks of deer meat.

Health Effects:
Mood Effects: Sonerohi, Burnt Pies +0.2
Hunger Effects: Darvi, Choobakka, Scriver, Strife +0.3

The wind calms to a light breeze. The rain continues into the afternoon. It is almost 50F.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:22:54 am by MaximumZero »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The Island (A new challenger appears on Day 2!)
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2011, 02:24:38 pm »

Wait, wasn't it evening-to-night last turn? And night-to-morning this one?
Love, scriver~

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 14, 2011, 02:34:53 pm »

I'll spend the afternoon calculating how many days of food we have.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 14, 2011, 04:48:29 pm »

Our food's unlikely to stay good for too long. We need to see about getting it preserved, either in a cool, dark place, or maybe pickled or salted. Won't taste too good like that, but it's better than food poisoning.

Salt might be easiest; If we can rig up a bucket, fill it with seawater and leave it to evaporate, we should get a few salt crystals.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 14, 2011, 04:49:48 pm »

Yeah, that'd be smart. Do we have some coconuts or sumthin' ?

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 14, 2011, 04:49:59 pm »

That sounds like a great idea. Or maybe we could set up a smokehouse?

Yeah, that'd be smart. Do we have some coconuts or sumthin' ?
Look around for a swallow.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2011, 04:53:09 pm »

Don't be silly, swallows cannot carry coconuts around. Well, maybe African swallows...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 14, 2011, 05:11:21 pm »

I'd say trying to smoke it would be our best bet, provided we can somehow build a good enough smoke...house? We'd need some kind of non-flammable material, unless we try do dig a smoking-pit. That could work. If not, there's drying it, but that won't work if the weather keeps up. I don't think we can extract enough salt from the water to make a difference, either. Salting meat takes a lot of salt. Pickling is out for the same reason, we have neither enough salt nor any acid(?) to store it in.

So, I'm voting attempting to build a smokery of some sort.
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2011, 05:24:47 pm »

Yeah. For that, we'd have to dig a hole, fill it with wood, and cover it with leaves or something. Then we'd set the wood on fire in such a way that it doesn't properly burn, put the meat in, and voilą, smoked cheese!

I'm all for drying the fruit too, however the weather's not bad enough for that unfortunately.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2011, 06:42:38 pm »

well, with our numbers we will munch ove the meat we have quickly. by the way, i think i'm going to grab something to bite
eat. test the cord jessica made in a way it wouldn't become completely useless in case it breaks(by pulling it near the end so it only becomes a little shorter.)twine some more cords.
i'm running out of ideas on how to be productive. anybody got an idea? should i try to make some more bows?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:30:13 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2011, 06:57:22 pm »

I think we still need to explore the island a little. As I said, I'm gonna explore the coast further east from the beach, but we haven't even looked at what's to the west of it yet.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19