Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just an Idea  (Read 805 times)

Goldsaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just an Idea
« on: May 31, 2011, 01:01:29 pm »

So, I've been thinkign; perhaps, in Liberal Crime Squad, there could be a government building added? Like, there could be a mayor and/or governor election added in, and if the mayor is conservative you could kidnap him and turn him into a proper thinking Liberal, and he could stop any raids by the Police or National Guard with his influence. And possibly your sleeper could be elected into Congress, where he could add new congressmen into the sleeper network.
Just a rough idea; would add some political intrigue to LCS.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: Just an Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:31:15 pm »

Having a character able to stop raids is a bit overpowered in my opinion...
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Goldsaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 01:33:22 pm »

Having a character able to stop raids is a bit overpowered in my opinion...
Perhaps he could only stall them seriously, then?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 01:54:17 pm »

Not impossible from a technical viewpoint, at least. We already have police sleepers warn about raids, though. I've been thinking about expanding the Police station to feature multiple levels and more stuff to do, maybe a super-effective unique (as the CEO) police chief could be added...
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 02:03:12 pm »

I think that we should impliment a new sleeper option: Sabatoge Raids. Sleepers in different areas would decrease the chance of a raid launch.

Police, Swat= Police Station Sleepers
National Guard= Army Base Sleepers
CIA= Intelligence HQ/Ministry of Love Sleepers
Firemen= Firemen HQ Sleepers
CCS= CCS Member Sleepers

They'd decrease in effectiveness exponentially, so that with the first one you'd get a 35% reduction, the second a 20%, third 15% and so on. That way if you were dedicated, you could so corrupt an organization that they'd be unable to raid you most of the time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Goldsaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 02:09:46 pm »

Well, obviously a basic Solider wouldn't be able to sabotage a raid; perhaps we should add Officers to the Army Base, maybe a unique General in it (like the CEO), who also is great at Stealing Equipment and sends you all the military grade stuff.
The CIA could have a CIA chief, who could also get you dirt on everyone.
CCS already has the CCS Vigilante Boss, so he could be used.
Not sure what the Firemen would have as a leader.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 02:23:56 pm »

I'm adding new soldier types at the moment - MPs, SEALs and lowly recruits will be seen at the army base. Now that there's no longer such skill as leadership, something equally impressive needs to be given to the Officers. Maybe some yelling persuasion and so forth. Also, I think that sense of authority will help them with disguises. Or maybe just make them a very model of a modern Major General with a few points in almost every skill?

Goldsaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 02:37:45 pm »

Officers should have a few points in every combat skill, but I can't think of a reason they would have points in every skill, such as Art. They would likely have decent Psychology skill, having to keep men's morale up and such, which would also have the added benefit of making them appropriately hard to Enlighten. In terms of skills, they should have one or two points in every combat skills, but more in pistols, swords, and dodging. Also, possibly add team Medics to the Army base with a great starting First Aid?

EDIT: For the SEALs, they would also need to have high Psychology, since they are specifically water boarded during their training to build up resistance to torture.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:51:07 pm by Goldsaver »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 03:04:17 pm »

The every skill suggestion was a joke, based on this opera scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSGWoXDFM64 . Yeah, he knows everything, with the possible exception of the brutal practical elements of combat.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 05:58:11 am »

Frankly I now want a modern major general in the army base who has points in every non combat skill :P
*Hugs*

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 06:18:53 am »

I like it