Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Books...  (Read 903 times)

slathazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Books...
« on: May 31, 2011, 08:45:49 am »

Hello all. I'm still relatively new to the game, but I'd like to offer my petty suggestion...
I'm a Minecraft player as well, and I was wondering if there could be books and bookshelves in Dwarf Fortress. There'd be a new profession- bookmaking- and books could be written from a craftsdwarves workshop. Books could be stored in chests, or maybe even read by the dwarves in their free time. Bookshelves could be made with 1 log as well as a book. Imagine how much deep and intriguing it would be if you visited your fortress in adventure mode and found libraries of mysterious dwarven lore...

My apologies if this has already been posted somewhere, I didn't see anything...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Books...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 08:49:13 am »

Apologies accepted, now lock this thread pls :P

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 07:02:08 pm »

Welcome to the forums, before posting make sure you search function first before posting. Remember it is generally better to necro an old identical thread then to create a new one!

On the matter of books it is planned. They will be implemeted when the time is right.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:03:42 pm by tHe_silent_H »
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.

slathazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 02:23:10 am »

I did use the search and didn't find anything... The search function seems to be broken on most forums... Maybe I'm just misusing it.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 02:28:38 am »

You managed to find your three month old thread so something's working right