Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to Space: Turn 3 - Launch, Robo-cat, and that Frenchman is still peeing.  (Read 3366 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Space: Turn 2 - Issues with a Frenchman. Launch in 5 minutes.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 12:48:41 am »

Strife: (4) You find a comfortable chair in the command center, then realize that you're supposed to be on the ship to go explore the galaxy with everyone else.

Taricus: The cargo bay is already on the ship. However, the AI muses through the loudspeaker that Styrofoam cubes are not the suggested seating, especially during a warp-space launch.

Wolfchild
: (3) You try to find a comfortable chair, but all you can find are the economy-value chairs packed in like sardines that everyone else is sitting in. You begrudgingly take a seat between a Russian who is passed out drunk and a Frenchman who appears to be peeing himself in excitement. You note that the Frenchman is annoying you, and (3-1+1) thus make him see horrible, terrible things within his mind. This only makes him pee more.

maxicaxi: You combine some normal clothes with a PGM and get... (2+2) some Perfectly Generic Clothes! These seem... sort of useful, you guess. You're not entirely sure what they do.

Launch in 5 minutes.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 01:48:52 am »

Battery+combat armor then?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 02:26:42 am »

Snort in disgust at the frenchman, then attempt to put him to sleep so that he stops being either so terrified or so delighted that he pees
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 04:43:52 am »

Throw in some rifle, a cat and a rocket into the combination machine.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 03:29:32 pm »

So should I just auto Strife, or do we wait for him?
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 09:44:53 pm »

Can I join?
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 11:36:35 pm »

Sure.

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 05:43:20 am »

Name: Caoimhín [ KEE-vin] Nisbet
Nationality: American
- Mr. Smartass: Always thinks he's right... (While talking to someone if he disagrees with them he must roll in order to be able to stop the conversation, and must roll with a +1 to avoid arguing when he overhears someone saying something he thinks is wrong.)
- "  " : mind you he seems to often be right, even when there is no way he should possibly know that (+2 to intuition-based rolls, but only while disagreeing with someone or trying to prove a point)
- Tinkerer (+1 to rolls while trying to improve things he doesn't have a clue about)
Position: Medic
Bio: A great student who argued with everyone so much that they eventually gave him top grades just to get them off their hands, after every question he was "wrong" on either it was actually the professor's fault or he had thought of something no-one else had. (Have you read Cryptonomicon and the part about int. test for the military in it? Same idea, only the entire test, every test...) He got "suggested" for this mission for the same reason...

Does this look good?

Sit grumpily in his own chair with his medkit (I'm assuming he'd have a medkit?)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:36:00 am by Root Infinity »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 02:12:15 pm »

Strife gets auto'd because I'm not waiting more than 3 days to update.

Sit grumpily in his own chair with his medkit (I'm assuming he'd have a medkit?)
You [1] sit grumpily in your chair, then randomly fall backwards.... into the lap of a certain Frenchman, who pees himself in fright at your sudden appearance, then falls into a coma for no apparent reason. Your head is now coated in pee.
Throw in some rifle, a cat and a rocket into the combination machine.
You combine a cat, some random rifle from the armory, and a rocket in the combination machine, and get... [4+1+1]a robo-cat with a small artillery station on its back. It begins destroying random things in complete happiness. Thankfully, none of the random things are of any noticeable use.
Snort in disgust at the frenchman, then attempt to put him to sleep so that he stops being either so terrified or so delighted that he pees
You snort in disgust at the Frenchman, then [6+1] put him to sleep so well that he falls into a coma. AND HE'S STILL PEEING.
Battery+combat armor then?
You combine a battery and some combat armor, and get... [5+1+1] some low-power combat armor! You put it on gleefully, and are mildly shocked at the lack of insulation on the thing. Literally. [Equipped armor, +1 to defense, -1 to anything requiring coherency]
Quote from: The GM
Strife tries to get on the ship!
You run towards the ship as it begins to lift off, and [4] just barely make it aboard!

The ship lifts off, and everyone who isn't in the designated seating area gets thrown against a wall by the massive displacement caused by going into warp space.
So...
Strife gets [5] pressed against the wall, but generally not harmed.
Robocat gets [5-1] thrown into a wall, but is also generally unharmed.
Taricus gets [6] pressed against the combination machine, causing minor damage to it.
Maxicaxi gets [3+1] shoved into a wall, but is unharmed due to armor.

Dammit, the dice love you guys this round. And I had all sorts of horrible things planned for what could come out of Taricus's cat-rifle-rocket combination....

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 02:16:20 pm »

Do tell!

Fix the combination machine.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Have a look arround
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile

"EWWWWW!" Caoimhín pushes himself back upright in his chair, and attempts to use a length of gauze from his medkit to wipe off his head. "W-Why the-Why-Why the fuck is there a drunken Frenchman who can't even hold his bodily functions comatose behind me?!" he finally yells.

(OOC) Great start to my first RTD, btw... Also: EWWWWW!
(And just so I don't have any problems, can someone link me to/tell me the forum's stance on swearing? I'm on my iPhone so I don't like browsing randomly right now, or I'd do it myself. Thanks!)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:34:22 pm by Root Infinity »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

Low power? hmmmmm

Combine power armor and fusion reactor
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile

Low power? hmmmmm

Like there's no way this could ever go wrong...

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

Low power? hmmmmm

Like there's no way this could ever go wrong...
This is an RTD, I could be killed by tripping on a banana
Pages: 1 [2] 3