Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think of these weapons?

They're great!
- 1 (10%)
They're pretty good.
- 6 (60%)
They're good for a first try/they're good but they need improvement.
- 1 (10%)
They're bad (please post why you think this!)
- 1 (10%)
They're terribad (please post why you think this!)
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Angel of Death's weapons! (currently 10 weapons)  (Read 2022 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Angel of Death's weapons! (currently 10 weapons)
« on: May 31, 2011, 01:15:37 am »

These are the weapons I have modded in. If you're planning on using them in your mod, you can add them as long as you give me credit for making them and ask me about adding them.

Shotgun. Shotgun ammo is intended to be made out of lead or iron. The shotgun is the weapon that I have modified the most and tested the least, so it's a bit buggy, if you know what I mean.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gravity rifle. The gravity rifle is made to propell creatures into a solid object with a good shot to the chest or stomach. It's pretty powerful. Gravity gun ammo is intended to be made out of iron

Chambergun. This is currently my favourite weapon. It is designed to be an armour piercing revolver-rifle. It can propell enemies backwards slightly, but not enough for them to blow into pieces.

Chainsaw. It's alright, but I feel as if it may need more work.

Musket. I like this weapon, but it's pretty much a slightly slower(?) crossbow with a higher chance of limb ripping.

Ripper. Oooh! This is one of my favourite weapons! It's based on the Shredder from Deon's Wasteland mod and the Ripper from Dead Space.

Hunting rifle.

Battle rifle

Rifle ammo

Garage gun (homemade pistol)

Revolver

Pistol ammo
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:30:12 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: Angel of Death's weapons! (currently 3 weapons)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:58:28 am »

I'd have to test them out to give them a rating, but I know from experience that DF does not usually handle small blunt projectiles at extreme velocities very well.  My guess is that most of the shots will either deflect off of clothing or propel a unite dozens of tiles away - which, though quite hilarious, usually isn't the intended result (although this would work fine for the gravity gun).  Results start to get weird when velocity modifiers start to exceed 10k.

I find that small objects work better as "bullets" when given an edge damage attack with a small contact area and a very high penetration value.  Increase the contact area to make them sever limbs (i.e. gravity gun sawblades).

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Angel of Death's weapons! (currently 6 weapons)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 06:01:45 am »

I just added some MOAR weapons.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Angel of Death's weapons! (currently 10 weapons)
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:33:00 am »

I just added some more weapons. The only problem is, pistols pack more punch than rifles but rifles are faster and seem to be more accurate. It's meant to be the other way around.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:34:49 am by Angel Of Death »