Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: She is missing the fat on her right hand.  (Read 3162 times)

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
She is missing the fat on her right hand.
« on: May 30, 2011, 07:58:46 pm »

Sadly, I don't have a screenshot of this, but I had a hero lose the fat from her right hand. How the heck does that work? I, sadly, missed wherever this happened in the combat log, but yeah, it happened. Also, where do I report a bug? This sounds like one.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: She is missing the fat on her right hand.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 08:18:28 pm »

Sounds like she grabbed something hot, and got her fat melted off.

Standing in a fire is a well known, guaranteed, and very fast weight loss method.
Your fat melts and leaks out into a greasy puddle, and then you're allowed to eat a few more *kitten meat roast*.

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 08:24:25 pm »

Sounds like she grabbed something hot, and got her fat melted off.

Standing in a fire is a well known, guaranteed, and very fast weight loss method.
Your fat melts and leaks out into a greasy puddle, and then you're allowed to eat a few more *kitten meat roast*.

That would explain it, I stood in a fire twice to see how fast it would kill me (it didn't). I didn't think I'd been injured beyond my bleeding, but apparently my fat had melted.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 04:22:51 am »

On that note, how important is the fat? Will not having it make attacks less likely to "bruise the fat" and thus more likely to fracture or dent bones?

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 04:44:07 am »

On that note, how important is the fat? Will not having it make attacks less likely to "bruise the fat" and thus more likely to fracture or dent bones?
No idea. I didn't notice that she was missing the fat on her hand until after I was done in the danger room I'd set up in my (now abandoned) fortress. Speaking of which, is there a reason my agility, strength, and toughness refuse to go past 2000? (Yes, I'm looking at the stats in Runesmith.)

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 12:33:39 pm »

IIRC stats can only be trained to double the racial average OR their initial number, whichever is higher.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 12:38:03 pm »

I do ot know exactly.. and I do not remember which version..
But people here have been known to make their adventurers have their fat melted away to become fireproof.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 02:23:48 pm »

I do ot know exactly.. and I do not remember which version..
But people here have been known to make their adventurers have their fat melted away to become fireproof.
Wouldn't it make you more susceptible to being knocked over by charging enemies?
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 03:07:43 pm »

IIRC stats can only be trained to double the racial average OR their initial number, whichever is higher.
That's lame. Is there any way to get passed that?

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 04:16:34 am »

That's lame. Is there any way to get passed that?
There's a token in creature raws that controls that. Look for something that looks like it might be that with a value of either 200 or 2000.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 05:06:33 am »

Does setting fires in adventurer mode allow you to stand in them and melt off fat? Cos I can't make it work. Magmas too dangerous and I would like to be able to melt myself without jumping into a volcano or looking for a fire imp/man or dragon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 05:15:55 am »

Does setting fires in adventurer mode allow you to stand in them and melt off fat?

Yep, but it seems that (at least in Genesis mod) if more than 1 fat source burns off, you bleed out.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 10:55:13 am »

Melting off fat is tricky - in order to do it reliably, you'll need to wear something metallic on the body part whose fat you wish to melt, since the object will heat up and cause just that one part to heat up and melt before the rest of your body, preventing you from instantly bleeding to death. For this reason, it's fairly easy to safely melt the fat off of your head (helmet), upper body + lower body (breastplate), feet (boots), and hands (weapon/shield), while the rest can be quite tricky. Always make sure to quick-Travel between melting sessions to replenish your blood.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 09:46:34 pm »

I got the fat melted off of most of my body once and it happened by wearing all metal armor and getting breathed on by a dragon... with me not understanding what was going on until I was nearly dead at which point I finally removed the armor. Luckily I had superhuman toughness or recuperation or somethng at the time so it took quite some time for me to almost bleed to death.

So, if you'd like a quick and easy weight loss plan then try metal armor + dragon + run away. Just take the armor off before you die.

I think that melting your fat off probably just makes you weigh less and removes that tissue layer so that it becomes easier to get to your muscle and bone. I didn't really notice any practical effects.

Not sure what happens if you get your fat melted off AND you then eat a ton of food. I've heard that eating like crazy will make you fat, but don't know if it actually regrows fat somehow.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 09:02:02 am »

If all your fat melts off, you're pretty much fire-proof. So there's that.
Pages: [1] 2