Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The new addition of Werething is exciting!  (Read 1403 times)

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
The new addition of Werething is exciting!
« on: May 30, 2011, 07:29:54 pm »

I can't wait to get infected and then infect as many people I can! I can only imagine how it will be to run around a village biting everyone in the site and then coming back a month later to find a horrible ghost town!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: The new addition of Werething is exciting!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 02:52:54 am »

I am excited too, and I agree that going on a rampage, infecting people left and right is Fun!  I wanna be a wererabbit...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 03:12:08 am »

Screw you guys, I'm gonna be a werecavecrocodile.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 03:53:20 am »

Screw that! I'm going to be a weredragon!

FEAR MY INFECTIOUS BREATH OF DOOM!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 03:55:24 am »

i'll be a werefluffywambler and kill titans by throwing my werefluffywamblers minions. you can't beat that.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 03:55:53 am »

On second thought, I'll be a wereswarm of flies.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 04:07:38 am »

On second thought, I'll be a wereswarm of flies.
lord of the flies thingy? >.>
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 07:13:45 am »

As soon as i can, i will quote that. until then, i agree.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 03:14:34 pm »

I want to be able to go on a rampage as a werecreature and then turn back into a human and everyone loves me again.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 04:59:26 pm »

Awe. Eh. Sum.
Or, !!AWESOME!!
(Only problem: Adventurers don't breathe fire.  :'()
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 05:27:55 pm »

Unless wereyou is an NPC when overtaken by the curse, those can breath fire.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 06:06:23 pm »

I'm gonna be a weredwarf. I'll be an Elf, but every night I shall transform into a Weredwarf, call myself Urist, and go and kill as many other people in the Elven settlement as I can.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 06:16:47 pm »

To be Honest I'm looking forward to assembling an army of trained adventurers at an old fortress. Then forging a great leader out of mmany adventures, until finally making a journey to that fortress of retired heroes and rallying them for one final stand against the necromancer.

Then leading them all into a glorious final battle that sends the world into the age of twilight.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 09:11:09 pm »

What if you get bitten by a werehuman? Or were[whatever race you are]?

ORIGIN late Old English werewulf; the first element has usually been identified with Old English wer [man.] In modern use the word has been revived through folklore studies.
Huh, nice find, Dictionary. So you'd be a werewer?

Or does anyone remember the episode of Johnny Bravo where he dates a woman who has the curse that on Tuesdays, she turns into a Werewolf, but then at the end it turns out that on Wednesdays she turns into an annoying short guy who collects stamps, or something like that?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 04:02:16 am »

What if you get bitten by a werehuman? Or were[whatever race you are]?

ORIGIN late Old English werewulf; the first element has usually been identified with Old English wer [man.] In modern use the word has been revived through folklore studies.
Huh, nice find, Dictionary. So you'd be a werewer?

Or does anyone remember the episode of Johnny Bravo where he dates a woman who has the curse that on Tuesdays, she turns into a Werewolf, but then at the end it turns out that on Wednesdays she turns into an annoying short guy who collects stamps, or something like that?

i did see that episode. But i think it was a man who collects stamps that on mondays becomes a woman, on tuesday a werewolf, and then goes back to being a man...i think.