Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Kobold Appreciation Conference  (Read 88865 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Appreciation Conference
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2011, 12:05:52 am »

Makes you feel a little weird, doesn't it, when you find yourself attached to the plight of the little pixel men, and you see things that happen as actually being your fault?  Happens to me sometimes.  I see the dwarf lying crippled on the ground, 20 Z's below the enormous crystal spire made in the shape of a penis, and I realize that this was a dwarf with hopes and dreams.  A short, sturdy creatures with a wife and 3 children, and a pet ewe, he was fond of orthoclase and black bronze, hated oysters and would ring his hands when he was nervous.  And now he's laying in the dirt, staring up at a crystalline penis 300 foot tall, breathing his last because every other dwarf is too busy starving and hauling glass blocks to take him to the hospital.  And he dies there, ecstatic because he saw a waterfall last week and admiring a fine door 20 feet away, where the workers flow in and out.

And then he's in the refuse pile, and I eat another kitten tallow biscuit, and another migrant comes, and I don't really care about anything anymore.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2011, 08:20:23 am »

Makes you feel a little weird, doesn't it, when you find yourself attached to the plight of the little pixel men, and you see things that happen as actually being your fault?  Happens to me sometimes.  I see the dwarf lying crippled on the ground, 20 Z's below the enormous crystal spire made in the shape of a penis, and I realize that this was a dwarf with hopes and dreams.  A short, sturdy creatures with a wife and 3 children, and a pet ewe, he was fond of orthoclase and black bronze, hated oysters and would ring his hands when he was nervous.  And now he's laying in the dirt, staring up at a crystalline penis 300 foot tall, breathing his last because every other dwarf is too busy starving and hauling glass blocks to take him to the hospital.  And he dies there, ecstatic because he saw a waterfall last week and admiring a fine door 20 feet away, where the workers flow in and out.

And then he's in the refuse pile, and I eat another kitten tallow biscuit, and another migrant comes, and I don't really care about anything anymore.

:'(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2011, 08:28:37 am »

:'(

You guys just made dwarf fortress a whole new kind of disturbing. Kudos!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:38:58 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2011, 01:18:02 pm »

It's a shame that I refuse to sig myself, and that it's too big to fit in a sig...

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2011, 01:34:09 pm »

It's a shame that I refuse to sig myself, and that it's too big to fit in a sig...

I'd say it's ability to elicit profound sympathy and melancholy, while describing an enormous penis replica, multiple times, has earned it a permanent place in the Dwarven Relativity ~ Personal Achievements > Psychology section.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2011, 01:54:32 pm »

Eh, not really good enough to merit such a position - let that sink in a moment.  I can do better.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2011, 02:30:56 pm »

Eh, not really good enough to merit such a position - let that sink in a moment.  I can do better.

You'd better.
Or else. 
ಠ_ಠ

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2011, 02:32:35 pm »

You'd better.
Or else. 
ಠ_ಠ
CUPCAKES?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2011, 07:32:03 pm »

My first encounter with kobolds.
Mod: Genises
It stabbed my cat to death and my wrestler beat its skull in with its pants.
2nd encounter
Mod: Genises Mod Mod( Orc fortress not the official one but my own personal mod)
It assassinated my Shogun while she was having morning tea.
Lets just say the next caravan received *kobold bone jigsaw puzzles* for free.

They are bold little buggers
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

nerdyboy321123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2011, 07:51:43 pm »

My first encounter with kobolds.
Mod: Genises
It stabbed my cat to death and my wrestler beat its skull in with its pants.
2nd encounter
Mod: Genises Mod Mod( Orc fortress not the official one but my own personal mod)
It assassinated my Shogun while she was having morning tea.
Lets just say the next caravan received *kobold bone jigsaw puzzles* for free.

They are bold little buggers
Thanks for the necro, and it's genesis, not genises
how exactly did you weaponize cows into emissary-assassins without causing the expected loyalty cascade?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2011, 05:02:09 pm »

That's not really that much of a necro...

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2011, 09:55:46 pm »

So they starve out? I thought it was because shortly after each settlement got started it became the enemy of a bronze colossus/dragon. At least that was how it was in the legends.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 06, 2011, 10:05:03 pm »

That happens to everyone, but kobolds are specifically starving to death at year 4.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2011, 07:12:48 am »

Here you go, kobold-lovers.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23