Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Show your aboveground fortress layout  (Read 9112 times)

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
Re: Show your aboveground fortress layout
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 04:09:08 pm »

Here's my latest fortress which I also embarked abandoned due poor design http://postimage.org/image/j3p4c1yc/
I tried default tiles for the first time and they were kind of amazing except it messed up something and y axis has different scale than x axis

btw top left is my army. i was just having a parade
Look at tilesets - you're using the default one (that isn't square) - change it to something where the x and y dimensions of the tileset match (The included curses_16x16 would also work)
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 08:19:36 am »

Here's my latest fortress which I also embarked abandoned due poor design http://postimage.org/image/j3p4c1yc/
I tried default tiles for the first time and they were kind of amazing except it messed up something and y axis has different scale than x axis

btw top left is my army. i was just having a parade
Look at tilesets - you're using the default one (that isn't square) - change it to something where the x and y dimensions of the tileset match (The included curses_16x16 would also work)
Old tilesets work on new version right?

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 04:40:19 pm »

Yep - nothing changes. Just watch out for the ones that require modded raws.
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2011, 05:00:52 pm »

Mine is all fire clay, no layout--just organic growth: a little house at first, then a tavern, then a small gate, then when room ran out a secondary gate and more housing, then more sections yet and another gate--you see what I mean? Eventually I ran out of room and the houses kept growing, leaving me with alleys, twists, derelict neighborhoods and industrial zones.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 01:40:09 pm »

Mine is all fire clay, no layout--just organic growth: a little house at first, then a tavern, then a small gate, then when room ran out a secondary gate and more housing, then more sections yet and another gate--you see what I mean? Eventually I ran out of room and the houses kept growing, leaving me with alleys, twists, derelict neighborhoods and industrial zones.
Make bigger embark my more flat. I mean like from hell to the space would be like 20 floors. then you get more space

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2011, 01:40:38 pm »

can you post a picture too!
Pages: 1 2 [3]